PDA

View Full Version : Nock variation??

cmwr
10-17-2012, 01:45 PM
I broke a nock on one of my arrows last summer. I went to the store to get some replacement nocks. They did not have the exact same kind as what all the rest of my arrows had but I bought a pack anyways. No matter what I do and what yardage or what bow is doing the shooting, The arrow with the replacement nock always hits low. I swear the arrow just doesn't fly the same. Can anyone tell me why?

alex
10-17-2012, 02:07 PM
:) The red one is obviously more narrow. Take a piece of sandpaper and fix it. The nock must not be too tight on the string.

cmwr
10-17-2012, 02:45 PM
:) The red one is obviously more narrow. Take a piece of sandpaper and fix it. The nock must not be too tight on the string.

The red one is the same as what the arrows came with. The yellow one is the replacement nock. So your saying sand the yellow one down to fit looser on the string between the d loop?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Your arrow nocks should be snug fit not tight. If your yellow one feels tighter then the rest. Take an Emory board and file it. My arrows are not tight on the serving. It takes very little effort to pull them off.

Hutch:cool:

Tosi
10-17-2012, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=cmwr;96496]I broke a nock on one of my arrows last summer. I went to the store to get some replacement nocks. They did not have the exact same kind as what all the rest of my arrows had but I bought a pack anyways. No matter what I do and what yardage or what bow is doing the shooting, The arrow with the replacement nock always hits low. I swear the arrow just doesn't fly the same. Can anyone tell me why?

The true factor is that yes if you use differnt nocks you can get differnt results. The end of the nocks can make a difference in contact with a D loop/string nock and one arrow nock can cause pinching and change arrow flight over other arrow nocks. If you're using a D loop go to Bohning and look at the Blazer Double nock about $10 bucks with shipping. They should be able to help you with size for your arrow shaft and should be right there on the web sight. I change out nocks right before the hunt and or a 3D shoot. May also look at spacer inside of your D loop; this will help in reducing nock contact and pinching. Since I went to the Bohning blazers I have no need for a space as nock contact is reduced in the design of the nock. Also Carbon Arrow University is a good site for arrow flight.

alex
10-18-2012, 03:09 PM
The red one is the same as what the arrows came with. The yellow one is the replacement nock. So your saying sand the yellow one down to fit looser on the string between the d loop?

It's hard to tell what the problem is without seeing the bow in person but the best thing you can do is to check all your arrows this way: put them on the string with the tips pointing to the ground. They should not fall until you tap them lightly with your finger. If you don't want to mess with the majority of your arrows try to fix somehow the yellow nock. If it is tighter - sand it, if it's more loose ....hmm i don't know what to do, may be put some layers of epoxy and then sand it to the needed dimensions :)

cmwr
10-19-2012, 05:58 AM
Yellow one is tighter. I will try to sand it. I just didn't realize a pinch tighter would make that big a difference.