PDA

View Full Version : 2013 martin check it out

gravedigger
10-23-2012, 04:29 PM
ok so i have not opened the link yet but i wanted to post it up.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1877317

Tosi
10-23-2012, 04:57 PM
ok so i have not opened the link yet but i wanted to post it up.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1877317

The new catalog is on the Martin web site were the 2012 was. looks good.

wscywabbit
10-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Awesome possum! Thanks for the alert!

WildWilt15
10-23-2012, 06:42 PM
solid lineup.. i feel a step in the right direction

wscywabbit
10-23-2012, 06:55 PM
It's very nice! Anybody want to buy a 2011 Onza?!! :p

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Nice looking bows! got to admit they look the best they ever have.

Hutch:cool:

bcriner
10-23-2012, 07:41 PM
What I want to know is if the limb pivot on the twin limbs rotates in the grove on the peg just like the previous Roto cup? If so, why is not possible to put split limbs, limb pockets and new style roto cup on the other models if you want to? Also they correctly displayed the speeds on the single cam bows this year and didn't over state them. They missed the Scepter 5. It won't shoot 330 unless the new cams are faster. Last year 315 was the max, same as the Shadowcat.

droppixel
10-23-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm really liking the line up but wondering about the Phantom and the Blade feeling very similar and sorta the same with Bengal/Prowler. I woulda kept the Cougar over the Prowler, but that's just me. Really like that they kept the XT and branded it with the Onza. Really considering pulling the trigger on one, since I've wanted an Onza since the 2011 series. I like the Alien, but with the one I had, just loved the Bengal more and feel it might be similar, but with the different grip and addition of the new VEMs ... that might totally change that bow.

wscywabbit
10-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Well, I did notice that the bows equipped with the X4 limbs are listed as slightly lower speeds than comparable solid limb bows. But really, what's 5 - 10fps?

The absence of the the Cougar (Firecat) and the Silencer is a shame, leaving only the Onza with the Nitro cams in the Gold series, but that's not terrible seeing as the Alien has that range covered.

The Onza XT is not a surprise, as the Alien XT was really just an Onza 3 with some slight riser changes, but its still good to see one more familiar face.

I really like that there is more of a range this year, 30-40 ATA, 315-340 IBO, single cam, dual cam, split limb, solid limb, there's really a bow for everyone!

Double S
10-23-2012, 09:28 PM
What a fantastic lineup!. i don't need another compound this years As I'm very happy with my Nemesis and Scepter. That El Dorado Longbow needs a home on my wall. I want one in 45 DW at 28 DL. I think the Prowler would make a great hunting bow for my son. Lighter at 3.4 pounds. Starting at 24.5 DL.

Bengalshooter
10-23-2012, 10:49 PM
I love my 2012 Bengal...but that Alien looks sweet!!! Looks like a great line of bows for 2013.

andy_camping
10-24-2012, 09:25 AM
Great looking lineup. Well done Martin and I love the integration of the bow lines...much simpler now. And I agree with Double S, that Diabalo Takedown is what I'll be looking for...wonder what the price tag is. Does anyone recognize the riser?

alex
10-24-2012, 10:57 AM
:o I was wrong about the quad limbs. The new compound bows look nice -I like the most the Alien, but what really attracts my attention are the trad Diablos (especially the take down) and the El Dorado.

droppixel
10-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Hoping retail prices aren't too crazy with some of the new changes. Feel that Martin has always had the best price range for the market.

Tosi
10-24-2012, 12:04 PM
I like the line up but hope that in the next addition FY14 that they might bring back the Fire Cat 400/Cougar and or Silencer. I really like my Fire Cat. Maybe sold and or split limb. Wow! Already wishing.

desertcj
10-24-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm really liking the line up but wondering about the Phantom and the Blade feeling very similar and sorta the same with Bengal/Prowler. I woulda kept the Cougar over the Prowler, but that's just me. Really like that they kept the XT and branded it with the Onza. Really considering pulling the trigger on one, since I've wanted an Onza since the 2011 series. I like the Alien, but with the one I had, just loved the Bengal more and feel it might be similar, but with the different grip and addition of the new VEMs ... that might totally change that bow.

I'm glad they kept the Prowler personally. However, I don't see any difference from the 2012 model, so I will probably buy one of those instead. The only other bows that I like are the Bengal, the Phantom and the Blade which both seem almost the same? Just a personal thing, but I don't like the little green dots they put in a lot of the risers. Seems like a corny marketing thing to me and I'd really prefer not to have them.

wscywabbit
10-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Its funny all the attention the Diablo takedown is getting, only because I've been toying with the idea of getting a Saber take down and when I saw the Diablo I went "well hello there!"

Its a sweet looking rig, like the Rytera line went in on the traditional piece as well! Kudos Martin ;)

kylecurtis04
10-24-2012, 06:21 PM
what are your guys' thoughts on the stabilizer wing?

droppixel
10-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Its funny all the attention the Diablo takedown is getting, only because I've been toying with the idea of getting a Saber take down and when I saw the Diablo I went "well hello there!"

Its a sweet looking rig, like the Rytera line went in on the traditional piece as well! Kudos Martin ;)

I noticed this and thought the same thing. I've been intrigued by a semi-traditional setup like the Jaguar/Saber takedowns.

==

When do you think we could expect the MSRP listings? Need to get an idea of how many jellybeans I need to start saving ;)

WilliamClark
10-24-2012, 09:04 PM
All this talk about the new lineup and nothing about the seeker? What a strange looking bow but the adjustable brace height is just cool IMO! Not to mention the fact that the thing is awesome looking.

i know it says rytera series but damn it is a good looking bow!

well done on your new products Martin Archery!

bcriner
10-24-2012, 09:44 PM
Hoping retail prices aren't too crazy with some of the new changes. Feel that Martin has always had the best price range for the market.

Retail Prices will be close to the following or more:

Phantom X4 $450
Bengal $500
Alien $800
Nemesis 35 $850
Scepter V $900
Seeker $950

Blade X4 $350
Prowler $450
Pantera $550
Onza XT $650

deserthuntr
10-25-2012, 04:09 AM
Wow, great line-up! I really like the Nemesis, Alien and Seeker and the Diablo has my attention. The Seeker is for sure a great concept. Martin has a great range, 30 - 40'' axle to axle and a nice poundage range. Well done Martin, 2013 is going to be a great year!

desertcj
10-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Any idea when these bows will be available for purchase? Specifically the Blade x4.

dzsmith
10-26-2012, 06:41 PM
im highly dissappointed in the 2013 lineup. i hate being the negative person, but according to the specs, they just arent making progress, after owning a single cam martin bow, they just dont have the speed other bows have, i will be purchasing a new bow next year after deer season and spring turkey is over, and unfortunately, it will not be a martin, i hate to be a sellout, but its reality

dzsmith
10-26-2012, 06:43 PM
i keep seeing ppl commenting on the seeker and prowler as if they have never seen these bows, this is the seekers 2nd or third year out, it used to be an alien, and the prowler is the exact same as the 2012 prowler.

droppixel
10-27-2012, 01:14 AM
im highly dissappointed in the 2013 lineup. i hate being the negative person, but according to the specs, they just arent making progress, after owning a single cam martin bow, they just dont have the speed other bows have, i will be purchasing a new bow next year after deer season and spring turkey is over, and unfortunately, it will not be a martin, i hate to be a sellout, but its reality

It is what it is. It's a step in the right direction for some parts and a side-step in others. Just depends on how you look at it. Things are only going to continue. I think now that they are focusing on one brand we could see some really nice things going forward. There are a few new compounds, but I think they are pretty similar to each other as far as overall specs are concerned.

I think being able to focus time/efforts into one brand is going to open up a lot of opportunities for them in the near future. Hope to see things continue to progress and evolve.

Spiker
10-27-2012, 08:21 PM
The Phantom X4 is very interesting.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-27-2012, 08:54 PM
The Phantom X4 is very interesting.

X2 I would like to check it out in person

droppixel
10-28-2012, 08:06 AM
Can we get a confirmation that the Onza XT is a 7" BH. The current XT and Onza are spec'd at 7.25"

rnfrazier
10-28-2012, 11:44 AM
I love Martin bows, but the 2013 line up is a big disappointment to me.

wscywabbit
10-28-2012, 12:52 PM
I love Martin bows, but the 2013 line up is a big disappointment to me.

I understand that maybe a couple of favorites are missing this year, but I thought it was a pretty good showing... And some much needed re-tooling of Martin's marketing strategy. Would you like to elaborate on your disappointment? Just curious as to why, that's all. ;)

rnfrazier
10-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Don't care for the split limb bows. I have always loved Martin bows because they didn't do what everyone else has.

wscywabbit
10-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Now that I can understand. I figured there would be some grief over the addition of split limbs. I personally don't have enough archery experience to have a valid opinion on the matter. I'll have to wait untill I own one to pass judgement; having only shot a couple of split limb bows, a few arrows through each, doesn't give me an honest feel for the breed overall.

I wish that they had offered the split limb as an option, that way you could compare, say an Alien with to an Alien without and see which you prefer... maybe next year :)

andy_camping
10-28-2012, 05:56 PM
If I see another post about "These bows aren't fast enough" I think I'm going to flip right out. I mean seriously is this all people care about? Buy a firgin rifle is you want speed. Shooting and hunting with archery equipment is soooooooooo much more than how fast the arrow comes out. And it is NOT the only way a company can move forward. If that is the case, we will eventually loose the connection with the projectile which is what makes archery so cool to begin with. If you need the bows to be any faster than they already are (> 300 fps) you are in the wrong sport. PSE, Mathews and Bowtech will be glad to have you. Rant over.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Well I believe they were very wise to offer some in solid and some in split limb. It gives Martin a whole new look. But one thing I would say I have had both split limb and solid limb bows come through the shop. They both have their issues. I like both. But won't make judgement until I look and shoot them.

Money Man
10-28-2012, 09:38 PM
If I see another post about "These bows aren't fast enough" I think I'm going to flip right out. I mean seriously is this all people care about? Buy a firgin rifle is you want speed. Shooting and hunting with archery equipment is soooooooooo much more than how fast the arrow comes out. And it is NOT the only way a company can move forward. If that is the case, we will eventually loose the connection with the projectile which is what makes archery so cool to begin with. If you need the bows to be any faster than they already are (> 300 fps) you are in the wrong sport. PSE, Mathews and Bowtech will be glad to have you. Rant over.

Agree. It is the same people complaining about the bows not being fast enough, that were complaining that the bows didn't hit advertised speed. Now that they will hit advertised speed, they aren't fast enough. What a cycle:confused:

elkslayer4x5
10-29-2012, 07:31 AM
Agree. It is the same people complaining about the bows not being fast enough, that were complaining that the bows didn't hit advertised speed. Now that they will hit advertised speed, they aren't fast enough. What a cycle:confused:

I agree 100%, I have'nt found a critter thats quick enough to duck an arrow out of my OLD 2006 Martin Slayer, and it just makes 300fps!

Phantonza
10-29-2012, 08:53 AM
Can we get a confirmation that the Onza XT is a 7" BH. The current XT and Onza are spec'd at 7.25"

Good point! I think this must be a typo.

Spiker
10-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Now that I can understand. I figured there would be some grief over the addition of split limbs. I personally don't have enough archery experience to have a valid opinion on the matter. I'll have to wait untill I own one to pass judgement; having only shot a couple of split limb bows, a few arrows through each, doesn't give me an honest feel for the breed overall.

I wish that they had offered the split limb as an option, that way you could compare, say an Alien with to an Alien without and see which you prefer... maybe next year :)

If I am reading the catalog correctly - the Alien and the Blade are available with single or twin limbs.

droppixel
10-29-2012, 11:24 AM
If I am reading the catalog correctly - the Alien and the Blade are available with single or twin limbs.

I think page is just pointing out the features of all bows. If they were to offer both, they would need to versions of the riser because of the roto cup on the solid and then how the split pivot has a bolt threaded through the riser.

I'm think I'll be passing on a 2013 for now and going ahead with tuning the bajesus out of the Bengal and getting some custom threads on it. Want to see how much I can get out of this bad boy with the Fury XT cam on it and then look at getting an XT later in the year or for the 2014 year.

wscywabbit
10-29-2012, 11:45 AM
I think page is just pointing out the features of all bows. If they were to offer both, they would need to versions of the riser because of the roto cup on the solid and then how the split pivot has a bolt threaded through the riser.

I'm think I'll be passing on a 2013 for now and going ahead with tuning the bajesus out of the Bengal and getting some custom threads on it. Want to see how much I can get out of this bad boy with the Fury XT cam on it and then look at getting an XT later in the year or for the 2014 year.

I think you're right, if you look under the description of features, at the bottom of the page it continues to list the options for the bow on the opposite page...

bfisher
10-29-2012, 04:39 PM

I think you're wrong on this. After taking a careful look at how the split limbs are supported and attached to the riser it looks like thr rockers under the limb are not much more than a Roto-cup with different machining. The side support are not there and there is a spacer machined to fit between the limbs to keep them properly spaced. The axle (E-clips) keeps the cam end from spreading. The piece at the butt end is nothing more than a machined end cap that keeps the ends in alignment and from spreading while giving a surface for the limb bolt to do it's job (much like the bezel used on the solid limbs).

So for those who haven't noticed I'm going to say that any bow in the present 2013 catalog that has these end caps and rockers is going to be a split limb model.
That would include the Alien, Nemisis, P4, and the Blade X4. I would also like to say to those who think Martin should go one way or the other that I think what they are doing makes good sense. They are easing into the split limb business with enough bows to interest a lot of people yet keep some popular solid limb offerins of the past. With the present rocker system I believe the leave the door open to go slid or split with almost every bow in their line-up if the demand warrants, and possibly offer several in either configuration on request.

wscywabbit
10-29-2012, 07:14 PM
As usuall Brother Fisher, you are right on the mark (as far as I can see ;) )

I believe this year's lineup is a great stab at a bigger market share. As I posted earlier, there is a bow for everyone, long, short, solid, split, faster, slower, etc.

And I don't think its too far off the mark to say that the bows could maybe be ordered in either flavor of limb, if it were asked, just like you were gonna order a Pantera last year with the Nitro 2 cams...

If they had also included the option of some frilly pink camo option in a couple of the ligher bows, I think it would have been a perfectly rounded lineup.

typically8
10-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Did someone say frilly pink martin bow? With pink accessories?

droppixel
10-29-2012, 09:42 PM
I think you're wrong on this. After taking a careful look at how the split limbs are supported and attached to the riser it looks like thr rockers under the limb are not much more than a Roto-cup with different machining. The side support are not there and there is a spacer machined to fit between the limbs to keep them properly spaced. The axle (E-clips) keeps the cam end from spreading. The piece at the butt end is nothing more than a machined end cap that keeps the ends in alignment and from spreading while giving a surface for the limb bolt to do it's job (much like the bezel used on the solid limbs).

So for those who haven't noticed I'm going to say that any bow in the present 2013 catalog that has these end caps and rockers is going to be a split limb model.
That would include the Alien, Nemisis, P4, and the Blade X4. I would also like to say to those who think Martin should go one way or the other that I think what they are doing makes good sense. They are easing into the split limb business with enough bows to interest a lot of people yet keep some popular solid limb offerins of the past. With the present rocker system I believe the leave the door open to go slid or split with almost every bow in their line-up if the demand warrants, and possibly offer several in either configuration on request.

So are you saying that if a bow is shown with split limbs in the catalog, you would be able to have it in solid as well or the other way around?

Spiker
10-29-2012, 09:59 PM
In the catalog - the second page for each bow model shows the features for that model.
For the Alien and the Blade - the feature's page shows both the X4 Twin limb and the Powertuff limb icon/discription.
All the rest of the models only show one or the other limb style/icon.
So - either these two models are offered with either limbs -
or-
the catalog needs proofed again...

themiddleman
10-30-2012, 01:04 AM

bfisher I am pretty sure the alien and the nemesis can probably be fitted with both the split and the solid lambs by changing out the Roto cup. but I have had both the Phantom X4 and the blade X4 in my hands and they have a completely different split limb Roto cup. It is actually part of the riser that you see between the lambs on the Phantom and the blade and the Roto cups Bolt to the riser at that point. I hope I haven't got everybody confused

joelc
10-30-2012, 09:09 AM
In the catalog - the second page for each bow model shows the features for that model.
For the Alien and the Blade - the feature's page shows both the X4 Twin limb and the Powertuff limb icon/discription.
All the rest of the models only show one or the other limb style/icon.
So - either these two models are offered with either limbs -
or-
the catalog needs proofed again...

We are not offering any bow with the option of solid or split limb design. Each model is clearly marked with the limb style available. The pages that you are referring to on the Alien and Blade are the outline of features available on the entire lineup of either the Rytera series or Gold series...notice how both models are the first in each lineup. The bow features for each of those two models are listed at the bottom of each page.

I'm sure there are plenty of other mistakes made in the catalog that weren't caught by proof reading but the limb choices aren't one of them.

bfisher
10-30-2012, 12:33 PM
We are not offering any bow with the option of solid or split limb design. Each model is clearly marked with the limb style available. The pages that you are referring to on the Alien and Blade are the outline of features available on the entire lineup of either the Rytera series or Gold series...notice how both models are the first in each lineup. The bow features for each of those two models are listed at the bottom of each page.

I'm sure there are plenty of other mistakes made in the catalog that weren't caught by proof reading but the limb choices aren't one of them.

I guess this answers a lot of the questions above. I would also have to assume that orders from the custom shop will be limited. Anyway, thanks for clearing up some of the above questions.

joelc
10-30-2012, 12:56 PM
I guess this answers a lot of the questions above. I would also have to assume that orders from the custom shop will be limited. Anyway, thanks for clearing up some of the above questions.

I think you could technically make the conversion if you were willing to spend the bucks but there is probably another model that would be very close to the desired specs. The limb lengths are shorter for split vs. solid so you might run into issues there as well. I haven't heard of any mention of "custom shop" this year so I would assume the choices are quite limited or not available.

Spiker
10-30-2012, 01:00 PM
THANKS Joel.!!!

joelc
10-30-2012, 05:47 PM
THANKS Joel.!!!

No problem...we always manage to do something with the catalog each year that confuses. I don't care how many people proof read it...there is always something we miss. I won't tell you guys about the known mistakes...we'll just call that a scavenger hunt!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Guess it would be easier to just go see them!

wscywabbit
10-30-2012, 06:07 PM
No problem...we always manage to do something with the catalog each year that confuses. I don't care how many people proof read it...there is always something we miss. I won't tell you guys about the known mistakes...we'll just call that a scavenger hunt!

That's awesome, you guys should make a contest of it! lol

Arrow Splitter
10-30-2012, 06:23 PM
That's awesome, you guys should make a contest of it! lolNow you're asking for it. LOL:D Winner gets hired as an editor for Martin.:D

joelc
10-31-2012, 08:37 AM
That's awesome, you guys should make a contest of it! lol

I work in graphic design on the side...I will occasionally employ this tactic with clients that do not proof read.

dzsmith
10-31-2012, 09:17 AM
I guess realistically they have made bigger changes this year than in previous. The only bow from Martin that seems to offer a semi fast, kind of short and kind of light treestand bow is the alien

desertcj
10-31-2012, 09:29 AM
I guess realistically they have made bigger changes this year than in previous. The only bow from Martin that seems to offer a semi fast, kind of short and kind of light treestand bow is the alien

The Prowler is light and short. I would also call it "Semi-Fast" as well? The specs are close to the Mathews HeliM in fact....

droppixel
10-31-2012, 10:30 AM
I work in graphic design on the side...I will occasionally employ this tactic with clients that do not proof read.

Graphic Design is my profession ... be more than happy to help out. Think I had a slight unfair advantage in the contest earlier this year ;)

joelc
10-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Graphic Design is my profession ... be more than happy to help out. Think I had a slight unfair advantage in the contest earlier this year ;)

I wish I could say it was my profession. It always ends up with friends asking for free work at the last minute. Most people don't know how hard it is to put something together for advertising.

droppixel
10-31-2012, 12:04 PM
I wish I could say it was my profession. It always ends up with friends asking for free work at the last minute. Most people don't know how hard it is to put something together for advertising.

Time is money.

deserthuntr
11-01-2012, 06:33 AM
When will the website be updated?

ftshooter
11-26-2012, 06:06 AM
When will the website be updated?

2nd this ??

droppixel
11-26-2012, 11:49 AM
2nd this ??

Been updated for a long time now boss ...

Arrow Splitter
11-26-2012, 06:15 PM
2nd this ??http://www.martinarchery.com/2013/index.php