PDA

View Full Version : Sandy

Lung Buster
10-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Still alive and surviving through Sandy! Eye of the storm made landfall about twenty miles due east from where I live! So far we have roughly seven inches of rain and wind gusts of over 70mph!!!! Lost power for a while but back on now. My brother is stationed in Sandy Hook for the Coast Guard and it looks like they may have lost everything!!!!! Very sad! I hope everyone else who has been involved in this storm are safe! My prayers are with you!!!

Double S
10-29-2012, 10:10 PM
Prayers send from Eastern Washington State to you, your family and all affected.

Tosi
10-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Stay safe and keep your head low. God speed from Northern Arizona...

Lung Buster
10-30-2012, 08:48 AM
I am in Ocean City Nj now I am part of Emergency Management and I have never seen any thing like this so sad!

wscywabbit
10-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Wow, stay safe LB, and know that our prayers are with you and the rest of the east coast. My wife has family on Long Island, and they are not faring much better :(

God bless!

bfisher
10-30-2012, 12:40 PM
The storm passed through here (central Pa.) through the night. In my particular area damage is pretty light. Some trees down and power outages, but not widespread and severe. I got about 2 gallon of water in my basement so nothing to crow about. This morning there was just drizzling rain and a cool breeze. nothing like what was forecast. Thank goodness.

I feel for you guys in Jersey. I have a brother that lives near Fort Dix and haven't been able to get hold of him yet today. I hear the damage in that area is bad.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Hey LB, still praying for ya. We lost power for almost 24 hours. I got the generator fixed and running for 20mins when the power came on. Lots of limbs down and lots of damaged roads. The wind got so bad it blew a 45lbs target over like it was nothing. Sure hope all of the ones in the harder hit areas are doing okay.

Hutch:cool:

Lung Buster
10-30-2012, 03:51 PM
Hey LB, still praying for ya. We lost power for almost 24 hours. I got the generator fixed and running for 20mins when the power came on. Lots of limbs down and lots of damaged roads. The wind got so bad it blew a 45lbs target over like it was nothing. Sure hope all of the ones in the harder hit areas are doing okay.

Hey Hutch glad to hear you are ok I was thinking about you I know the wind was bad up there too glad to hear from ya! Now I am wondering how flatsman made out in keyport nj I know they got hit hard up there too.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
10-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Hey Hutch glad to hear you are ok I was thinking about you I know the wind was bad up there too glad to hear from ya! Now I am wondering how flatsman made out in keyport nj I know they got hit hard up there too.
Glad too see your doing okay LB, and ya same here flatsman hasn't been herd from yet. Or lets that I know of. Hope hes okay!

Arrow Splitter
10-30-2012, 05:42 PM
Driving last night wasn't too bad. Figure this one: I worked to 10:30pm last October when the big snowstorm came in. Driving home was NOT fun. I also had to work last night till 8pm when during this storm. Just before I was done the store lost power.:cool:

A.S