PDA

View Full Version : 2006 slayer Question

rjd
11-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Have both a '08 Firecat and 06 Slayer. Now this is were it begins to get scary. Love them both . Would it be possible to swap the CAT cams For the Nitrous cams on the Slayer ? Understanding that the the string set would be a complete custom job. Would it be a better shooter? Faster? Have "B" cams on it now.

Just a random thought for tonite.

archerx7
11-04-2012, 05:47 AM
Keep the NOS cams on the Slayer, you won't gain much if anything on that swap, plus the CAT/Hybrix/Nitro cams require the use of limbs with reinforced limb tips which your Slayer dosen't have. I've had a couple C3's with NOS B cams and they were only about 15fps slower than my AX with Hybrix cams so I would guess the Slayer would be even closer to matching the speed of your FC.

bfisher
11-04-2012, 02:15 PM
And besides, the Nitrous cams require a wider slot between the limb forks so the limb forks o the FireCat would have to be machined or filed so there is .010" more space between them for the Nirous cams to fit. I know a few guys who have done it, but I don't think I would want to shave that much from the limb tips.

rjd
11-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Was just thinking the extra axle to axle lenght with the CAT cams might have an advantage. Have been trying to get back up to speed . Been out cause of illnes .

bfisher
11-08-2012, 06:30 AM
Was just thinking the extra axle to axle lenght with the CAT cams might have an advantage. Have been trying to get back up to speed . Been out cause of illnes .

I don't get what you are saying. What would longer axles have to do with it?

elkslayer4x5
11-08-2012, 07:16 AM

I don't get what you are saying. What would longer axles have to do with it?

I think he was thinking that the Cat cams might gain an atvantage, if they where on the Slayer riser, with its longer A to A length of 37.75".

bfisher
11-08-2012, 05:55 PM
I think he was thinking that the Cat cams might gain an atvantage, if they where on the Slayer riser, with its longer A to A length of 37.75".

OK, I can see it that way now. I'm not so sure he'd gain any speed. The Nitrous cams were the fastest cams I ever had and that was on a 2004 SlayR. My present Alien Z and Nemisis with Hybrix/Cat cams can't even get close to the Nitrous performance.

rjd
11-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Really hadn't thought about the speed side . Was thinking of a little more forgiveness from the longer a to a.

elkslayer4x5
11-09-2012, 07:09 AM
You have both as is, your 06 Slayer with Nitrous B cams and its 37.75 A t A is both fast and forgiving with the possible exeption of the SuperMag limbs, the 13" limbs, which would give you a lower brace height of 6 1/8, that paticular configuration is even faster than mine are, having an inch more power stroke, but is slightly less forgiving. Both of mine are C camed, and have 14" Mag limbs, but I draw them 30", so they're plenty fast, even for a almost 7 year old bow. I will admit that they are heavy, but that helps make them hold steady. :D

rjd
11-09-2012, 12:19 PM
It was just one of those " What if I try ....." thoughts. O I love the Slayer but the Firecat is right there too. Wish I could find a lefty Firecat.

buckhunt
11-18-2012, 07:40 PM
BTW i have a lefty Firecat for sale. interested?

rnfrazier
11-22-2012, 11:19 AM
I have had 3 CAT cam slayers and loved them, but they didn't give me much more speed than my bullet x with nos cams or my cougar 3 with nos cams