PDA

View Full Version : Funky Season

Ehunter
11-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Anyone else having a funky deer season so far? All of my perennial doe areas have no does, but several small bucks. My usual buck areas have a few small bucks, or nothing. Decided to spend part of a day walking through, and found almost no scrapes or rubs. Wondering if the coyote explosion that's going on is running everything off. Sat in stand Saturday night, and had 4 different groups of coyotes surrounding us. One in each direction. Time to take a predator call with me. Still a little early for the main part of the rut here, so maybe that'll change things.

droppixel
11-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Dad had the same yote bust his morn and evening hunt in the same day. both times pushed some does from making it into range ... in the morning it was one of the younger bucks. But yes, things have been a little goofy, but still optimistic.

elkslayer4x5
11-07-2012, 07:53 AM
In a study 5 years ago in Southern Oregon/Northern Nevada, the deer and pronghorn fawn predation by coyotes was as high as 90%, one in ten survived to adulthood. I see evidence of deer predation on my trail cameras constantly, get pics of deer, deer, deer, coyote, deer, cougar, and then the trail goes cold, and its time to find a new trail. :mad:

Arrow Splitter
11-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Coyote sighted.....BOOM!!! Another coyote sighted......BOOM!!! Multiple coyotes sighted....TAT..TAT...TAT..TAT...TAT..

You get the idea:cool::cool:

A.S