PDA

View Full Version : Will a rest made for hoyt bows fit a Nemisis??

jnordwell
11-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Looking for a fall away rest for my nemisis. Seen a few out there for hoyt bows was wondering if they would fit?? Any thoughts???

WildWilt15
11-11-2012, 11:25 PM
I have had great success with my QAD i tried the NAP apache and the bridged riser gets in the way of the rest upon mounting. I believe people have been able to mount limbdrivers and Ripcords the choices are endless but i like my QAD

elkslayer4x5
11-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Looking for a fall away rest for my nemisis. Seen a few out there for hoyt bows was wondering if they would fit?? Any thoughts???

Which rest???

jnordwell
11-12-2012, 05:18 PM
the ones i see a ton of are the g5 expert II's for hoyts.

Lab Rat
11-13-2012, 07:12 PM
I have a Ripcord on my Onza and a QAD Ultrarest LD Pro on my Alien Z. I like the QAD better and it stays up when you let down.

WildmanSC
11-14-2012, 11:15 AM
X2 for QAD rest on my Nemesis. Great rest!

Bill

Phantonza
12-14-2012, 04:29 PM
I have experienced some trouble with the reliability of the QAD Ultra Rest HD with my Onza: in cold/moist conditions, the slide (and therefore also the cable where the QAD cord is attached to) sometimes does not come all the way back in full draw, but stays perhaps 1/16" closer to the riser. This is not critical at all for the bow operation, but for QAD arrow rest it is: it is lifted completely upwards only when the cord is pulled exactly the adjusted amount. If this does not happen, the bow does not shoot accurately. Based on my experience, I wouldn't really recommend this rest to bows equipped with a traditional cable slide (although a teflon slide might help). There is no such problem if the cable guard is equipped with wheels (as with my earlier Hoyt CRX 32, I had the same arrow rest in it).

I have been able to overcome the problem by using silicone lube on the rod. I know that some people don't recommend putting anything exra to the rod, but I have experienced no problems. Still, I have many times thought I should switch back to the idiot-proof Whisker Biscuit (which I actually have not installed to my new Nemesis). I think the Ripcord shouldn't have a similar problem, it has a different mechanism.

ks_coh
02-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Look at the Limbdriver rest.

Phantonza
02-10-2013, 02:53 AM
I have experienced some trouble with the reliability of the QAD Ultra Rest HD with my Onza: in cold/moist conditions, the slide (and therefore also the cable where the QAD cord is attached to) sometimes does not come all the way back in full draw, but stays perhaps 1/16" closer to the riser. This is not critical at all for the bow operation, but for QAD arrow rest it is: it is lifted completely upwards only when the cord is pulled exactly the adjusted amount.

I also recommend putting some extra tension to the cord with QAD rest. So that the marks do not align but they show some extra tension (1/16" or so). This improves reliability.