PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous X long axles and spacers

rmercado
11-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Anyone know where I can get a set? I do check AT a lot.

OK, so I check some pictures of SlayR X setups, doesn't look like they need long the long axle kit... can anyone confirm? Also, does anyone know string and cable length for B cams?

bfisher
11-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Anyone know where I can get a set? I do check AT a lot.

OK, so I check some pictures of SlayR X setups, doesn't look like they need long the long axle kit... can anyone confirm? Also, does anyone know string and cable length for B cams?

You don't necessarily have to use the long axle kit unless there isn't sufficient fletching clearance with what you presently use. However, should you need the long axle kit it should be available from Martin, Part number is BP-102.

The string length for a 2004 SlayR with B cams is: 52/34" string and 39 1/4" cables

FYI this info is available at Martin's website. Just click on Tech Info and then scroll down to your desired year of manufacture and pick cam option of your choice.

Barry

rmercado
11-12-2012, 11:05 AM
You don't necessarily have to use the long axle kit unless there isn't sufficient fletching clearance with what you presently use. However, should you need the long axle kit it should be available from Martin, Part number is BP-102.

The string length for a 2004 SlayR with B cams is: 52/34" string and 39 1/4" cables

FYI this info is available at Martin's website. Just click on Tech Info and then scroll down to your desired year of manufacture and pick cam option of your choice.

Barry

Well thanks Barry, for some reason, I didn't think they were available anymore. I will call them up, just to have them. On the string/cable length - I found those numbers on the charts you referenced, but didn't know if anything changed for an X setup, except for two more cables. Also, a few threads I came across saying some years, the charts were off by 1/4 - 1/2" or something like that. Just wanted to verify.

bfisher
11-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Well thanks Barry, for some reason, I didn't think they were available anymore. I will call them up, just to have them. On the string/cable length - I found those numbers on the charts you referenced, but didn't know if anything changed for an X setup, except for two more cables. Also, a few threads I came across saying some years, the charts were off by 1/4 - 1/2" or something like that. Just wanted to verify.

The info a gave about the axle kit is from a 2012 parts catalog. If you're changing to the X system you'll need longer set screws for the modules. 8x32x 5/8".