PDA

View Full Version : Anyone's comments on 2011 Alien Z

bob cooly
11-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Friend just bought one new for $375 and I am wondering what sights and stuff you'd put on one of these? Shooter is not a hunter, shoots informally and 3-d. I wanted to bid on this bow myself and will help him get it set up. Thoughts on the bow appreciated.:p

elkslayer4x5
11-13-2012, 07:30 AM
As I said in an earlier thread, there are a lot of happy Z owners out there, although I can't speak from experience, it sure seems to be a great bow, good looking too. :)

WildWilt15
11-13-2012, 07:33 AM
I've had the pleasure to shoot one and is buy one in a heartbeat if I found a good enough deal.. sounds like your buddy got a steal contests to him

Rootsy
11-13-2012, 07:46 AM
I am brand new to the Alien Z but thus far I am perfectly happy with mine. I'd say the price you gave was a very good "deal".

Spiker
11-13-2012, 08:18 AM
This is what I am currently shooting the most. '11 AZ, Limb Driver, Sword, A-Bomb, G5 Mag Loc.
I had two Alien Z's but just recently sold the other one.
They are great bows for sure and I am sad that Martin discontinued them.

Lab Rat
11-13-2012, 07:06 PM
I just recently bought a used 2011 Alien Z. I really enjoy shooting it and am setup for hunting currently. I am using a QAD ultrarest LD pro drop away and a HHA single pin sight. The only thing that I did not like about the bow was the roller guard because it added so much side torque to the riser and could not get a good shot through paper. I replaced the roller guard with Martin's guide rod kit and a tilt tamer and now the bowstring, rest, and sight are all inline and shooting bullet holes through paper and am shooting bareshafts perfectly. It is a great bow -- too bad they aren't making it anymore.

Rootsy
11-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Was paper tuning tonight and broke out the chronograph once I had it making triangles (nearly effortless with the limb driver pro v). 340 gr 27" CE 250 maxima hunters, 100 gr points, 28' draw, release off a d loop with nock sets and a knot for a kisser, 4 turns out on the 60# limbs gave me pretty consistantly 268 to 270 fps bout a foot out.

bob cooly
11-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the reviews. I am looking forward to seeing this bow. He's currently shooting a Mission Craze and the bow is just too short for someone 6'4", so I steered him to the Alien Z. Let him shoot my Onza tonight and told him his will be pretty simular in draw and weight.