PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and opinions on the 2012 Martin Prowler Pro Fury XT Cam

Double S
11-12-2012, 11:17 PM
I've been eying this bow out for my son. Anybody have any first hand experience with this bow. My son will be 12, His DL is 24.5 inches. I was thinking about getting one of those RThunt bows but I'm very picky when it comes to the accessories. If I buy a bow with the RTH package, i know I'll be replacing them in 3-6 minths.

Here's the info from the dealer site.

New 2012 Martin Prowler Pro Fury XT Cam Bow

Right Hand 29" 70lbs

The Fastest And Most Accurate Bows In The World

Building on the overwhelming success of the Exile, the new Prowler packs even more features into this exceptionally popular bow. This striking new design is the more advanced big brother to the Exile. The Prowler is built around a lightweight, agile frame with machined aluminum pivoting Roto limb cup system and an aluminum Martin STS. With a more extreme limb angle, parallel limb design and longer riser, the Prowler is designed with the hunter in mind and is a pleasure to shoot.

The incredible new Fury XT Cam easily adjusts from 30.5" of draw to 24" in half inch increments and allows a 70# bow to be taken all the way down to 35#. Capable of a lightning fast 330 feet per second, this cam is as quiet and shock free as it gets!

Made in the USA!

Exile Features:

Fury XT Single Cam Smooth, Fast, Adjustable
Martin STS
Hammerhedad Bowstring No Stretch or Peep Rotation-BCY Trophy
Powertough Limbs Durable and Accurate
Saddleback Thermal Grip
VEM Vibration Vortex
Roto Cup Pivoting Limb System
Quick-Lock Stabilizer Mount
Silent Hunter Arrow Shelf

Specifications:

Camo: Next G1 Vista
Speed: 320-330 fps (70#, 30", 350 Grain Arrow)
Let Off: 80% (Adjustable)
Draw Weight: 35-70 lbs
Draw Length: 24"-30.5" (We can set before shipping, please specify your required draw length)
Brace Height: 7"
Weight: 3.3 lbs
Axle to Axle Length: 30

droppixel
11-13-2012, 01:42 PM
First thought about this bow when you originally posted about looking for your boy. If it shoots anything like the Bengal ... I'd say go for it. Grab a 60# max and get even more weight range for him possibly.

gravedigger
11-13-2012, 02:05 PM
i dont know about the bow but my buddy bought the 2011 exile RTH pk and he wound up swapping out the sight and rest that day.he took some shots with the stock rest and sights but did not like them so he went with a drop away and 5 pin tru glow.he did keep the quiver and case.tosed most everything else.

Double S
11-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the comments fellas. I might pull the trigger on this one. I want to put the brand accessorize I like or trust.This one is on Fleabay. The numbers would work great for my son.

coastie hunter
11-13-2012, 03:50 PM
I just got done shooting the blade 4 I would buy that one it shot really good very quit there going to sell alot at 349.

droppixel
11-13-2012, 04:08 PM
I just got done shooting the blade 4 I would buy that one it shot really good very quit there going to sell alot at 349.

Currently a touch too long for his boy otherwise that would probably be a consideration.

Double S
11-13-2012, 09:15 PM

The new bows are out now?

Double S
11-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Currently a touch too long for his boy otherwise that would probably be a consideration.

Your probably right. Most of them start off at 25 or so.

coastie hunter
11-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Your probably right. Most of them start off at 25 or so. my bad I did not see his draw length nice bow though. I met the rep today and shot the blade 4, the alien and the nemis all of them were very nice and the limbs look really good. theres alot of change coming to martin sounds like it will be for the good.

droppixel
11-14-2012, 02:59 PM
my bad I did not see his draw length nice bow though. I met the rep today and shot the blade 4, the alien and the nemis all of them were very nice and the limbs look really good. theres alot of change coming to martin sounds like it will be for the good.

Wish there was someone reasonably close to me ... would love to check the new models out first hand and get a few shots on them. I'm really wanting to go with an XT but finding someone that would have one on hand is probably darn near impossible where I live.

coastie hunter
11-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Wish there was someone reasonably close to me ... would love to check the new models out first hand and get a few shots on them. I'm really wanting to go with an XT but finding someone that would have one on hand is probably darn near impossible where I live.
The bows this year are really nice I shot the creed and the chill and thaught the martins shot as good our better. I think a split limb would be the way to go very quiet good job martin I think erdman making alot of change that they needed.

droppixel
11-14-2012, 07:48 PM
The bows this year are really nice I shot the creed and the chill and thaught the martins shot as good our better. I think a split limb would be the way to go very quiet good job martin I think erdman making alot of change that they needed.

Sorry Simon, a little bit of a off course here ...

Coastie what did you think of the Nemesis? Not sure why but getting a feeling for giving the longer ATA a whirl. The old Cheetah I had been shooting before my wife got me my '07 was longer, don't know what model year it was so can't look up all the specs on it to remember how long.

coastie hunter
11-14-2012, 10:06 PM

Coastie what did you think of the Nemesis? Not sure why but getting a feeling for giving the longer ATA a whirl. The old Cheetah I had been shooting before my wife got me my '07 was longer, don't know what model year it was so can't look up all the specs on it to remember how long. the bomb it didn't have any thing on it was very quiet no vib and really stable. I think this would be a great all around bow. the finish also looks really good martin hit a homerun with this bad boy.

Double S
11-15-2012, 08:05 AM
No problem.

Coastie what did you think of the Nemesis? Not sure why but getting a feeling for giving the longer ATA a whirl. The old Cheetah I had been shooting before my wife got me my '07 was longer, don't know what model year it was so can't look up all the specs on it to remember how long.

desertcj
11-18-2012, 02:53 PM
I just bought this bow. It came to my door tested at 73# from the factory! That was too much for me so I backed it down to 63# which is really nice. I have to say that the amount of adjustability with the Fury XT cam is awesome and it is also really nice that you can do it without a bowpress despite what the manual says. The cam seems pretty aggressive/jumpy to me, but I think I need to adjust the draw stop a bit. I haven't shot it yet as I still need to get some accessories and some arrows, but overall I am happy with my purchase.

One thing to be aware of is that the bow I got appears to be a 1 piece forged riser instead of a 3 piece, machined from billet riser. I am actually more satisfied with that, so no big deal to me.

Phantonza
11-26-2012, 06:09 AM
I've been eying this bow out for my son. Anybody have any first hand experience with this bow. My son will be 12, His DL is 24.5 inches. I was thinking about getting one of those RThunt bows but I'm very picky when it comes to the accessories. If I buy a bow with the RTH package, i know I'll be replacing them in 3-6 minths.

New 2012 Martin Prowler Pro Fury XT Cam Bow

Right Hand 29" 70lbs

Draw Length: 24"-30.5" (We can set before shipping, please specify your required draw length)

According to Martin web site, the draw length range starts at 24.5", not 24 (see http://www.martinarchery.com/2013/prowler.php or http://www.martinarchery.com/2013/specs.php). Typically the actual draw is half an inch longer than nominal, so you would probably get a minimum draw length of 25" with this bow. And that would be at the peak weight of the max. pounds - 20# (if you buy a 60# model, you would get max. pounds of 40# and minimum of 25#). Draw length adjustment is dependent on the pound peg adjustment in Fury XT cam - there are three pegs (or weight adjustment posts) where the end of the cable can be attached to. One is the max. pounds, second is max-10# and the third is max-20#.