PDA

View Full Version : orion rush

navaman
01-21-2008, 10:03 PM
I just back from hunting the extended season for whitetail spikes and does with my orion.
the place also has axis deer which is what I was hunting. a paricular doe that caught my eye.
on the 1st and 2nd I took two 8 pointers with my excalibur out of a blind.the last one with a dead on heart shot.
but hunting with that orion was a whole different ball game. I was able to spot and stalk and set up ambush blinds in places I could never get my crossbow.
I didn't get my doe (an older,beautiful,and heavy one) but I had the time of my life with that orion!! I can't wait for archery season to begin again. think maybe i'll check on this one fella who's supposed to have some cheap feral hog leases.
i'll always love the speed and presicion of accuracy from my excalibur inside 25 yards from a stationary position but when it comes to hunting that's exciting and challenging i'll go with the orion every time.
thank you all for being patient with my wormy questions and being helpful with answers. this form of archery is awesome! I think i'm in love.

dbd870
01-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Yes, it's deadly. You start with a used bow......and then you buy new and and then you have to set up for 3D and then there is spots and more of your family gets interested and you have to buy more equipment........it insidious I tell you! :eek: