PDA

View Full Version : shot some 2013

coastie hunter
11-17-2012, 07:20 PM
I got a chance to shoot some of martins new bows and was very impressed. I shot the alien, the nemesis and the blade 4. the finish looked really good and I really like the split limbs, the bows shot great no vibe really quiet really nice shooting bows I think martin did a great job for 2013. I think with all the changes going on they will keep getting better. I also shot the mathews creed and the chill that everybodys talking about and did not think they felt any better than the martins that I shot. so once again guys we are going to get alot of bow for a great price.

droppixel
11-18-2012, 12:49 AM
Any words on retail prices??

coastie hunter
11-18-2012, 10:13 AM
the blade 4 was $349 and the nemesis and alien I thaught he said they were in the mid 600.

Arrow Splitter
11-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Nice.:cool:

dzsmith
11-22-2012, 07:11 PM
I got a chance to shoot some of martins new bows and was very impressed. I shot the alien, the nemesis and the blade 4. the finish looked really good and I really like the split limbs, the bows shot great no vibe really quiet really nice shooting bows I think martin did a great job for 2013. I think with all the changes going on they will keep getting better. I also shot the mathews creed and the chill that everybodys talking about and did not think they felt any better than the martins that I shot. so once again guys we are going to get alot of bow for a great price.

this is my bigges issue, the unofficial price of the alien and nemesis is 800 to 850 naked bow, the matthews probably cost like 900. so are you actually getting more bang for your buck if the high end martin bows cost similar to othere high end bows with the exception to maybe like hoyt

dzsmith
11-22-2012, 07:13 PM
the blade 4 was $349 and the nemesis and alien I thaught he said they were in the mid 600.

i hope they are in the 600 range but i saw somebody on martins facebook page say they were gonna retail 800-850

coastie hunter
11-22-2012, 09:32 PM
i hope they are in the 600 range but i saw somebody on martins facebook page say they were gonna retail 800-850
maybe the rep was wrong but that seems high.

coastie hunter
11-22-2012, 09:47 PM
FYI those split limbs are coming from overseas so that should help them with cost.

deserthuntr
11-23-2012, 06:42 AM
FYI those split limbs are coming from overseas so that should help them with cost.

From where??? Are you serious?

coastie hunter
11-23-2012, 10:28 AM
From where??? Are you serious? true story im not sure were but the limbs look alot like the ones on the carbonexpress cross bow.

gravedigger
11-23-2012, 10:56 AM

did they tell you they came from over sea or is that a best guess that they look like they did?

coastie hunter
11-23-2012, 12:11 PM
did they tell you they came from over sea or is that a best guess that they look like they did? I was told they were built overseas. the main reasson I went to shoot the bows was because I had ? about these limbs being built overseas.

deserthuntr
11-26-2012, 12:49 AM
Can anyone please confirm this? Joel?

bcriner
11-26-2012, 07:37 AM
Retail Prices will be close to the following or more:

Phantom X4 $450
Bengal $500
Alien $800
Nemesis 35 $850
Scepter V $900
Seeker $950

Blade X4 $350
Prowler $450
Pantera $550
Onza XT $650

gravedigger
11-26-2012, 10:01 AM
I was told they were built overseas. the main reasson I went to shoot the bows was because I had ? about these limbs being built overseas.

not to big of a fan about that.i like my bow to be american

WildWilt15
11-26-2012, 10:15 AM
not to big of a fan about that.i like my bow to be american

X2 I am a big fan of american made products. Especially when i comes to my firearms, Bows, And Vehicles if the limbs arent made in America I will have to take a pass on it for this year.

coastie hunter
11-26-2012, 11:23 AM
sorry for the bad news guys but I felt you guys needed to know. maybe joel could chime in and clear all this up.

Chip
11-26-2012, 12:44 PM
I have been reading this thread and wondering about the outcome as to overseas limb production. I thought I would throw a few of my thoughts into the mix as I can't find any confirmation. My first thought is would I prefer an all USA made bow? YES... With that being said, my next thought, would the use of an overseas limbs on a bow stop me from buying a bow? Well yes and no, I fully understand that all things not made in the US are not always a bad purchase. Case in point would be Browning, Holland and Holland, AyA, and Beretta just to name a few. Another thought that crossed my mind is the savings for use of overseas materials used to keep Americans working at their respective plants and not just to give higher management bonuses and higher profits. Back to my yes or no answer, I would have a lesser problem and be more open with a set of limbs made overseas on a 300 dollar bow. I do have trouble swallowing the use of that limb on an 800 dollar bow (Nemesis). My thought is if a lower line bow gets people into the sport or field then that is good for Archery, but if you are going to play in the majors and charge the premium to play there then you better bring your USA game.
I truly hope the Rytara line is not sporting cost cutting components, and as I said I would prefer that both lines be made in the USA. I really like my solid limb Nemesis and when I saw the new one I was impressed with it and thought I would love to try one out. If the the limbs on the 35 are made overseas that would definitely put and end to my interest at an 850 dollar MSRP. I do hope someone can clear the water on this.

Spiker
11-26-2012, 02:14 PM
I too think Martin should comment, and commit, on this.
I think the consumer should know - - and will know sooner or later.

Truth and knowledge is always the best path.!

Either way:
I am still going to purchase an Alien X4.
I will decide what I decide about it once it has been in my hands awhile.
And really - it will be about the bow. Not about politics.

I'm all for the U.S.A.
We build a bunch of really nice stuff. We also build a bunch of junk.
I'm not into other places. They build a bunch of junk.
They also build a bunch of really nice stuff.

If ya want to go into Politics - - - - this is the wrong place.

deserthuntr
11-27-2012, 02:09 AM
If the limbs are made in Germany,Norway, Switzerland, Sweden, UK or even Japan (or the like) then I would think it would be ok. But if it is another outsourced product made in China or India then I will really think twice. Can Martin please comment on this?

Tosi
11-27-2012, 07:17 AM
X2 I am a big fan of american made products. Especially when i comes to my firearms, Bows, And Vehicles if the limbs arent made in America I will have to take a pass on it for this year.

Well guys would have to agree. I'm too very curious if so is true, but will make my decision once I here from some one of management (Martin) and or read something in the Media section. I've sold two bow and will pick up a 2013 bow this year, but will keep my Fire Cat 400 which the riser is about to get dipped in Predator Brown Camo, limbs will stay carbon. I research a few archery companies and within their respected catalog they will tell you were the limbs are made: Example limbs made by Gordon, Montrose Co. which also sell power tuff. So what's the bottom line. For me only: I would prefer a bow and or fire arm made in the USA.

rnfrazier
11-28-2012, 07:03 PM
If those are the prices I am definately going to be looking at other bow companies or at least used Martin's and Ryteras. I liked Martin because they built great bows that were lower price than anyone, the prices of the higher end bows are no different than other companies

coastie hunter
11-28-2012, 09:53 PM
I think the big change in price is because those bows have a solid riser no more 3 piece. the blade 4 had a 2 piece riser and that bow was 349. alot of people wanted a solid riser well they got it. The whole reasson martin did the 3 peace riser was to give the consumer a savings.

deserthuntr
11-29-2012, 01:03 AM
Do we even know if those prices are official? Wish someone from Martin will clear up this issue on the prices and limbs (made overseas or in the US) for us. If the Nemesis 35's limbs are not made by a reputable company then I am not buying a new bow this year. However, if it is then ;)

Arrow Splitter
11-29-2012, 04:42 AM
I think I might be a good idea to give Joel a call so he can answer all your questions. Just a thought.;)

A.S

deserthuntr
11-29-2012, 05:06 AM
I think I might be a good idea to give Joel a call so he can answer all your questions. Just a thought.;)

A.S

Great idea, will someone call him please? I live in South Africa ;-)

bcriner
11-29-2012, 06:40 AM
Those prices are roughly about $25-$30 above MAP, not suggested retail which is what you should most likely expect to pay.

3dman1
11-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Although it is second hand info My local dealer went on a martin tour 2 weeks ago and was told the limbs have been out sourced. I believe he said china. We live right down the road from the factory and have many friends working at the plant. I dont think this is a rumor. I think its a shame that they needed to outsource but i also believe it is a better limb than what they had previously. Everything else is made right here locally.

rnfrazier
11-29-2012, 01:50 PM
It is a real shame

deserthuntr
11-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Ok, so I phoned Martin Archery, the limbs of the New Nemesis and Alien are sourced out, but to a company in the US! The prices are up as stated, the Nemesis 35 will retail around $850. If it shoots like I think it should then it still has my vote.

WildWilt15
11-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Ok, so I phoned Martin Archery, the limbs of the New Nemesis and Alien are sourced out, but to a company in the US! The prices are up as stated, the Nemesis 35 will retail around $850. If it shoots like I think it should then it still has my vote.

Best thing I read all day phew.

Chip
11-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Best thing I read all day phew.

+1 now I have to talk to the wife about a new bow. :)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-29-2012, 04:27 PM

Beg that is probably the only way!!!:rolleyes:

Hutch:cool:

droppixel
11-30-2012, 08:31 AM

Easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission ... that is the philosophy I took when I bought my gun ;)

andy_camping
12-01-2012, 10:21 AM
So does that mean single piece risers for the higher pricepoint bows, Nemisis, Alien, Scepter, Seeker?

Phantonza
12-01-2012, 11:02 AM
So does that mean single piece risers for the higher pricepoint bows, Nemisis, Alien, Scepter, Seeker?

I have no facts, but I don't think so: the structure still seems modular to me. But I have never understood what's the big deal about this.

archerx7
12-01-2012, 11:22 AM

Alien, Nemesis, and Scepter.....single piece risers. All others appear to be modular. You can tell by the placement, or lack of riser decals that cover the cap head screws that hold the sections together.

bfisher
12-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Alien, Nemesis, and Scepter.....single piece risers. All others appear to be modular. You can tell by the placement, or lack of riser decals that cover the cap head screws that hold the sections together.

The one piece risers might be part of the reason for the price boost. It takes a lot more aluminum block and more waste chips. They have to make it up somewhere so probably averaged it across the whole line of bows. This is one of those things that have gotten much criticism from non-Martin shooters and unjustly so. Martin did a lot of testing earlier this year to find the source of noise and found that it wasn't 3 pc. risers, but the limbs. From my understanding they decided to use better limb material and try the split limb technology. How much difference it's going to make is something I don't know, but I would assume they have done their homework. Again, better limb technology is going to cost more money so the price of the bows go up.

Phantonza
12-02-2012, 02:39 PM

Indeed - a good point those decals. Missed that one myself.

C Bailey
12-03-2012, 04:01 PM

What about the lower cost bows that have the X4 limbs? Can the $350 Blade really have the same limbs as the $850 Alien? I suspect not, and wouldn't even expect it. But, having limbs made overseas to cut costs in order to price a decently equiped bow at $350 would be a big deal and is different than using a different design (i.e., laminated vs solid) to reduce costs. I have to admit that when I heard the cost of the Blade, the first thing that came to mind was how much was made in China. It just seems like too good of a deal.

andy_camping
12-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Have you guys had these new bows in your hands? Because you can't see the other side of the bows in any of the pictures to see if they have stickers.

joelc
12-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Ok, so I phoned Martin Archery, the limbs of the New Nemesis and Alien are sourced out, but to a company in the US!

The split limbs are made in China and finished in the US. We do not out source the manufacturing of any of our other limbs. The materials used in our solid limb bows are provided by Gordon Composites, Colorado, USA.

Spiker
12-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Thanks Joel.!
Not a big fan of China but am a big fan of Martin and will still be purchasing an Alien X4 at the first of the new year.! :D

Rootsy
12-07-2012, 12:32 PM
The split limbs are made in China and finished in the US. We do not out source the manufacturing of any of our other limbs. The materials used in our solid limb bows are provided by Gordon Composites, Colorado, USA.

Are you stating that the raw material is sourced from china but the limbs themselves are completely fabricated (from the foreign raw material) in the US? Or are these partially manufactured limbs that have some amount of processing performed overseas?

joelc
12-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Thanks Joel.!
Not a big fan of China but am a big fan of Martin and will still be purchasing an Alien X4 at the first of the new year.! :D

Had there been a better alternative state side we would have used it. The bottom line is that the bows are smoother, quieter and more reliable than ever.

My car was made in Germany and my iPhone was made in China. My Whiskey is from Ireland...only the finest Mexican Tequila passes my lips and my beer is made in Waitsburg, Washington.

...in case anyone was wondering

joelc
12-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Are you stating that the raw material is sourced from china but the limbs themselves are completely fabricated (from the foreign raw material) in the US? Or are these partially manufactured limbs that have some amount of processing performed overseas?

The limb material is sourced and partially manufactured in China and finished in the US.

Spiker
12-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Neddy's brown nut.?

coastie hunter
12-07-2012, 03:23 PM
:confused:
Neddy's brown nut.?

gravedigger
12-07-2012, 03:29 PM
:confused:

good beer

xt_21
12-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Had there been a better alternative state side we would have used it. The bottom line is that the bows are smoother, quieter and more reliable than ever.

My car was made in Germany and my iPhone was made in China. My Whiskey is from Ireland...only the finest Mexican Tequila passes my lips and my beer is made in Waitsburg, Washington.

...in case anyone was wondering

very well put!!! i have to agree with you on this one joel c now can you clear up any dumb rumors of martin archery going out of business ???

joelc
12-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Neddy's brown nut.?

Hell yeah on the Nut Brown...and the Backseat Blonde

joelc
12-10-2012, 08:30 AM
very well put!!! i have to agree with you on this one joel c now can you clear up any dumb rumors of martin archery going out of business ???

No...we aren't going out of business although we've made a lot of significant changes in the last year...all for the better. We have a new CEO and a new sales manager. We've cut the dead weight and we're more capable than ever. I don't see us going out of business anytime soon. I even got a raise out of the deal. :)

coastie hunter
12-10-2012, 08:40 AM
sweet some times change is good and I think erdman will pull it together.

joelc
12-10-2012, 08:58 AM
sweet some times change is good and I think erdman will pull it together.

He's kicking *** and taking names!

WestMichiganBowhunter
12-10-2012, 10:11 AM
No...we aren't going out of business although we've made a lot of significant changes in the last year...all for the better. We have a new CEO and a new sales manager. We've cut the dead weight and we're more capable than ever. I don't see us going out of business anytime soon. I even got a raise out of the deal. :)

I for one think that's great seeing i just got a new Ridge Hunter.

Joel you deserved a raise brotha!

Spiker
12-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Hell yeah on the Nut Brown...and the Backseat Blonde

We need to work out an exchange program so you can get a taste of Colorado.

xt_21
12-10-2012, 12:17 PM

that is good to hear my father in law has been shooting martin archery bows for 25 years and me the last 5 and we cant be any happier with these bows as far as we are concern the best bows for the money hands down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Glad to see your not being overlooked Joel. :D
Now if I could just get a raise as well, I'd be buying one of those new Martins!!!!:rolleyes:

Hutch:cool:

bfisher
12-10-2012, 04:22 PM

And a well deserved raise, too, I might add.

deserthuntr
12-11-2012, 03:35 AM
Good to hear you guys are well ontrack. When will the first Nemesis 35 bows be shipped to you overseas agents?:D

Arrow Splitter
12-11-2012, 10:32 AM
And a well deserved raise, too, I might add.
x2 Definitely.

When do I get mine?LOL:p:D

A.S