PDA

View Full Version : Cable Slide Noise

Lab Rat
11-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Was helping my son sight in Onza and noticed a nasty high pitched noise when he shot it. Checked the fasteners and everything was tight, rest was timed good as well as the cams. Put a different cable slide on the bow which changed the sound slightly, so I put a TunerZ cable slide stop on the cable rod and the bow is whisper quite. Of all of the crap that I put on that bow to make it quite from monster jacks, stabilizer, and string jacks -- by far the most effective has been the cable slide stop. I put one on my Alien Z also which also made it a little more quite. They were $12 for a two pack at a local shop. Isn't it amazing how many little gizmos it takes to tweak these toys? Here is a picture of the stops if you are interested.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Nice to know Lab Rat certainly look good. Cheap enough too!

Hutch:cool:

bfisher
11-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Yes sir, in these days of almost every accessory costing $100 it's neat to see some $6 item do it's job well. Just for your info though, a lot of times when you get a chatter or screech when drawing the bow it takes little more than cleaning the rod and inside of the slide with alcohol. Replacing the slide with a Teflon one is always a good idea, too, which it looks like you already did do.

Lab Rat
11-18-2012, 03:09 PM
Didn't really hear much chatter on draw, just a sharp metallic noise on shot. Thanks for the tip on the draw will have to keep those clean to keep the system stealthy.

Ehunter
11-18-2012, 04:02 PM
I made one of those years ago out of fishing worm material. Worked like a charm.