PDA

View Full Version : Firecat Pro-X and Ripcord

Unregistered
01-22-2008, 08:31 PM
I just ordered a new bow and rest yesterday so was pretty excited until today. Had a guy tell me that the Ripcord rest has had trouble falling fast enough when coupled with some of the new speed bows. Is there any truth to that statement?

Maine Wood
01-22-2008, 09:34 PM
I am calling B.S. on this one. Maybe some cheesey cheap drop away but not a ripcord.

cowboyarcher1
01-22-2008, 11:52 PM
I know this is a Martin thread, but I've installed Ripcords on last years Hoyt Vulcan in the past with no trouble. The Vulcan was a pretty quick bow. . . The Ripcord is a great rest!

Bubba101st
01-23-2008, 02:24 PM
I think it depends on your draw length. My buddy has a 06' Bowtech Gardian set at 27" DL. The blazer veins on his 25.25" arrows DO hit the Ripcord as it falls. We know that it is hitting thanks to a little baby powder. We cronoed his arrows just shy of 280fps. I can tell you that it is NOT hitting enough to effect the flight of the arrow. It tuned just fine and he killed 2 bulls this year. I installed it on my sabar and on my legacy and had no problems with either. The Legacy is set at 30" and the Saber is set at 29".

flytier17
01-23-2008, 05:46 PM
Try the Whammy. It drops away as fast as the cable moves. It is slack at full draw, thus avoiding some tuning problems that might otherwise occur with other dropaways. The rest moves when the cable is fully rerclined. the faster that happns, the faster the rest drops. It is not the same on any 2 bows. Every bow is different, and this rest works with each different speed. Great rest.

Maine Wood
01-23-2008, 05:56 PM
set up on the ripcord is important and not at all hard to do , just follow directions. The rest should not be at full up postion untill the last 2 " or so of draw. With od course attachment to down cable.