PDA

View Full Version : Relaxing Alien Z for peep sight installation

bob cooly
11-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Need to relax the string enough to install peep sight on 2011 Alien Z. Can I back out the limb bolts just like my Onza? This pretty bow is just a touch too long for my bowpress until I can get a longer cable made.:confused:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Bob you should be able to back out the bolts just like the Onza!

Hutch:cool:

bob cooly
11-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Thanks Hutch, This is a way too pretty bow for a brand new archer to have, I should have kept it for myself. Will try and post a picture after she's setup. Threw and old Whisker Bisquet on it just to shoot the string in and this thing is a screamer for a 50lb bow. The cable that runs off the jack on my Apple is about 2" short of being able to press this bow, I'll get one made 4" longer. Looks like my friend will give his Craze to his grandaughter to shoot. There's just something about a pretty lady with a bow in her hands.

elkslayer4x5
11-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Thanks Hutch, This is a way too pretty bow for a brand new archer to have, I should have kept it for myself. Will try and post a picture after she's setup. Threw and old Whisker Bisquet on it just to shoot the string in and this thing is a screamer for a 50lb bow. The cable that runs off the jack on my Apple is about 2" short of being able to press this bow, I'll get one made 4" longer. Looks like my friend will give his Craze to his grandaughter to shoot. There's just something about a pretty lady with a bow in her hands.

True that! Whatever happened to Laura?

Spiker
11-20-2012, 09:45 PM
You can completly tear down an Alien Z by just backing the limb bolts out.

bob cooly
11-20-2012, 11:03 PM
Thanks guys, It's done and if the weather stays good we will head to the range tomorrow to finish tuning it in. The bow was really loud so I adjusted the string stop in, threw a small stablalizer on it and some whiskers. It's not the same bow.