PDA

View Full Version : timberdoodle rest and 3d nationals

minnie
11-23-2012, 05:04 AM
i just received a cheque at 3d nationals last weekend.
i'm happy with my martin mystic and VAP600. have always shot off a cavalier elite rest and plunger for 3d barebow.
i've had the timberdoodle rest recommended to me.
they are fairly pricey to buy new here.
does anybody have any experience with these or opinions about them?

anyway, here's minnie shooting the mystic in the barebow top 10 shootout, which was won by one of the old fella recurvers. other photo is the top 10 group taken straight after the winning arrow. after the photo i found somebody taking photos of my beautiful mystic (]which i'd put beside the big military guns), with an SLR camera and big lens. this got a few martin jokes going. fellow in the front left of photo shot an older scepter.
have a good weekend 7385[ATTACH]7384[/ATTACH

alex
11-23-2012, 12:23 PM
Nice pics! Where in Australia is this? Some of the guys remind me of Crocodile Dundee :)

minnie
11-23-2012, 02:23 PM
alex, nationals were held at murrurundi NSW, inland between sydney and brisbane. mountain goat country.
neils has removed his hat to shoot but check his crocodile belt7386

bfisher
11-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Minnie,

Unless you are having some issues, such as reliability, with the Cavalier I wouldn't see much of an advantage to using a Timberdoodle. They are kind of pricey, IMO, and nothing to gain over using something like a GKF Star Hunter or Cartel Star Hunter. The difference with both of these is that they have a launcher for the arrow to sit on and another on the side that more or less takes the place of the plunger to account for archer's paradox. Both are around $20 USD. One thing you give up with these is the micro-adjust of the plunger itself. Personally I'd stick with what you have if it's working fine.

If you are having issues with the rest itself you could possibly replace it with a Spigarilli Zero Tolerance and keep the plunger. Shooting fingers I'd be inclined to stay with a plunger.

Barry

Double S
11-23-2012, 03:08 PM
Very cool pics. Australia is one of the places I want to visit before I kick the bucket.

Arrow Splitter
11-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Very cool pics. Australia is one of the places I want to visit before I kick the bucket.
Just don't rush the last part. LOL

Very nice photos minnie.

I agree with Barry, if it works well, keep using it.

A.S

alex
11-24-2012, 09:35 AM
alex, nationals were held at murrurundi NSW, inland between sydney and brisbane. mountain goat country.
neils has removed his hat to shoot but check his crocodile belt7386

:D Thanks, Minnie!

Don B
12-12-2012, 08:07 AM
Minnie,
I tryed the timberdoodle and went back to a flipper and plunger.
If you have your heart set on trying one I could send you the one I have, let me know.
Nice pics, btw.
Don.