PDA

View Full Version : Not a deer, but....

Ehunter
11-27-2012, 06:39 AM
Still haven't seen a buck I wanted to shoot yet, but had this trot by the other night. Got him on the trot at 30 yards. Luck was definitely with me. 7388

Lung Buster
11-27-2012, 06:41 AM
That is pretty cool! You may have saved a couple rabbits!!!! Nice job!

Spiker
11-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Excellent job and a nice trophy.!

Chip
11-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Very nice indeed, nice shooting.

gravedigger
11-27-2012, 09:35 AM
if one of them walked by me and gave a good shot i woud head out and buy a lotto ticket.nice work

TEN RING
11-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Great job thats a trophy for sure

elkslayer4x5
11-27-2012, 09:46 AM
Nice Shot Eh! So, how much did you lead him? Or did you just keep the 30 yd pin on the front of his chest? Gonna get this one mounted and sit him on the back of the toilet? :D

Ehunter
11-27-2012, 12:24 PM
ES4X5, I held right on the front of his chest, and let it fly. Should have led him a couple more inches, but didn't have alot of time to think it through. lol He was in and gone in about 8-10 seconds. I was thinking about having this one mounted in a "ready to spring and attack" pose, so he'll look good coming out from behind things, like the couch. lol Not sure what pose I'll get yet, but it's gonna be something that'll scare people. Maybe the "sitting, snarling, and reaching out at you", or the "leaping forward at you" pose..... Might work well snuck onto the nightstand on the g/f's side of the bed......lol

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
11-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Thumbs up to you Eh!

Hutch:cool:

Arrow Splitter
11-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Nice job EH! It's always cool to see a non-deer animal.:cool:

daiwateampenn
11-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Nice kill....

great job

elkslayer4x5
11-28-2012, 06:25 AM
ES4X5, I held right on the front of his chest, and let it fly. Should have led him a couple more inches, but didn't have alot of time to think it through. lol He was in and gone in about 8-10 seconds. I was thinking about having this one mounted in a "ready to spring and attack" pose, so he'll look good coming out from behind things, like the couch. lol Not sure what pose I'll get yet, but it's gonna be something that'll scare people. Maybe the "sitting, snarling, and reaching out at you", or the "leaping forward at you" pose..... Might work well snuck onto the nightstand on the g/f's side of the bed......lol

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Which bow where you using, and how fast is it shooting? Thinking about how fast America's little lion can move is what made me ask how much you lead him/her. Being in sight for 8-10 seconds sure does'nt give you a lot of time to make a lot of decissions. The poised, ready to pounce position would look real good, since you already have the back of the couch cat! :D

Tosi
11-28-2012, 07:09 AM
if one of them walked by me and gave a good shot i woud head out and buy a lotto ticket.nice work

I already bought four Lotto's "working on retirement" LOL! Nice shot EH, rugs are cool on the wall. Any time you can hit a moving target that small,, it just not being lucky..... Now winning the Lotto may be lucky.

bfisher
11-28-2012, 08:48 AM
Good goin. It's not often you even see one of those critters let alone harvest one. Here in Pa. it would be illegal unless you purchase a Furtaker permit.

ElkSlayer
11-28-2012, 11:00 AM
hey way to go EH... he look good no mater how you get it mounted.. i like the reaching out at you ..lol that will make every one step back

Ehunter
11-28-2012, 06:10 PM
4X5, I was shooting one of the Warthogs set at around 67 pounds. Not sure on arrow speed, but I'm guessing high 290's. Haven't really gotten it tuned to shoot top speed, but it is shooting very well.
The back story is, I had my g/f with me as she is bowhunting this year. As we were driving up to my parking place where I hunt, we saw this bobcat walking along the field edge by the road, at about 70 yards. She had never seen on in real life before. We watched it for about a minute, then it dropped down into a dry creek. We went on to our stand, and had been sitting about 45 minutes when he walked back by. I just had enough time ot grab the bow, draw, and let one fly. She told me I had shot right over it's back. Well, we sat until dark, then I went to get my arrow. It was covered in blood. We trailed it for about 50 yards, then decided to wait until the next morning. Didn't really want to find a possibly wounded bobcat in the dark. Next morning, we got back on the trail where we found last blood. Trailed another 15 yards, and blood ran out. I noticed a pile of leaves that looked kinda funny, and he was buried underneath them. Something had covered him up in hopes of a snack later on. Not a tooth mark on him, just the arrow hole. I was glad when it showed no signs of damage. Only thing I can figure out is, it had to be another bobcat that buried him. A coyote would have at least taken a few bites.

elkslayer4x5
11-29-2012, 08:49 AM
4X5, I was shooting one of the Warthogs set at around 67 pounds. Not sure on arrow speed, but I'm guessing high 290's. Haven't really gotten it tuned to shoot top speed, but it is shooting very well. The back story is, I had my g/f with me as she is bowhunting this year. As we were driving up to my parking place where I hunt, we saw this bobcat walking along the field edge by the road, at about 70 yards. She had never seen on in real life before. We watched it for about a minute, then it dropped down into a dry creek. We went on to our stand, and had been sitting about 45 minutes when he walked back by. I just had enough time ot grab the bow, draw, and let one fly. She told me I had shot right over it's back. Well, we sat until dark, then I went to get my arrow. It was covered in blood. We trailed it for about 50 yards, then decided to wait until the next morning. Didn't really want to find a possibly wounded bobcat in the dark. Next morning, we got back on the trail where we found last blood. Trailed another 15 yards, and blood ran out. I noticed a pile of leaves that looked kinda funny, and he was buried underneath them. Something had covered him up in hopes of a snack later on. Not a tooth mark on him, just the arrow hole. I was glad when it showed no signs of damage. Only thing I can figure out is, it had to be another bobcat that buried him. A coyote would have at least taken a few bites.

There's a couple of understatements! I think that you interupted the wantabe diner! Was probably watching you when you recovered Bob. Cool story, thanks for sharing. :)

coastie hunter
11-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Very nice good shootin that will be a sweet mount.:D

CaptJJ
11-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Nice trophy and great shooting. :cool: I have only seen one while hunting here in NY; it's one animal still on my list to take with a bow.

dzsmith
12-03-2012, 08:04 PM
i see so few bobcats these days, i doubt id shoot one, i have seen a grey fox this year, it made a burrough in my food plot

elkslayer4x5
12-04-2012, 08:24 AM
I've seen no gray fox for the last several years, as the coyotes have spread their domain, and prey on the fox. :( Gray fox are tons of fun to call, they come in very quick, and if you miss, will stick around, barking at you because you're interupting their dinner! :)

Ehunter
12-04-2012, 06:30 PM
I've never seen a fox on the ground I hunt, but I know they are there. Mostly red fox in this area. Kansas has one of the highest bobcat populations in the country, so while not common to see them, no danger of thinning them out too much. Know of one guy that ran 1/4 mile of traps along a creek, and caught 5 toms in one season. Pretty good numbers there.
Well, the taxidermist didn't have any body molds like I really wanted, so it's going to be a "sneaking and snarling" mount. Should still look good coming out from behind the furniture. lol

elkslayer4x5
12-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Lol :D