PDA

View Full Version : Fire Cat 400 Hydro dip

Tosi
11-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Well guys I'm getting the Fire Cat 400 dipped. I was shooting last weekend and after shooting, I checked the Cat out and notice a few splinters on both limbs on the inside next to the roto cup. I call CS and the told me take her the dealer and the dealer is sending the limbs back to Martin. Now saying that I do have 1000s of shot on her and the limbs are set at 70lbs. So while waiting on new Limbs. And I'm tagged out for the year until 1 Jan when Javelina and winter Deer opens. I decided to dip her in Predator Brown Deception Camo. The Cat is all carbon which I will keep the limbs stock carbon once I get them back from Martin. The Plan is to do the prep and I have a buddy that just starting the hydro dipping at his taxidermy shop on skulls. We will not start the process until the patterns come in; process and prep are also timed from pre to dip. Here she is striped. Well send photos when compl.

Arrow Splitter
11-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Sorry to hear that Tosi. I hope everything works out for you, and I am looking forward to seeing the dip job.:cool:

A.S

elkslayer4x5
11-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Eagerly awaiting the new look, I think that the FireCat will look great in Predator Brown. Are you going to dip the sight and rest as well?

Tosi
11-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Eagerly awaiting the new look, I think that the FireCat will look great in Predator Brown. Are you going to dip the sight and rest as well?

My plan was to dip the quiver hood PBD also; the limbs are staying stock Martin Carbon so I will keep the Roto Cups & Cams black. I have a Rush black five pin sights. Limb Driver Pro w/ a black Limb Saver module and Apache stabilizer that will also stay black. Should look good, will send pic as soon as I have her back together? I'v messed around with just about everything on a bow except a complete overhaul. I just need to work it slow and not rush it. Thank ES

coastie hunter
11-29-2012, 02:47 PM
Can't wait to see it.:cool: