PDA

View Full Version : Thermal grip...

WestMichiganBowhunter
12-11-2012, 06:57 AM
How do you all like the newer grip.
I'm not sure of the grip yet.

WildWilt15
12-11-2012, 07:47 AM
After shooting an 09 cheetah the grip change was weird but it grew on me now I love it

WestMichiganBowhunter
12-11-2012, 08:17 AM
After shooting an 09 cheetah the grip change was weird but it grew on me now I love it

Yah i'm going from a 09 firecat and 2 - 2009 bengals

to a new 2011 ridge hunter...........it's going to be weird....
I usually like really fat grip.....so not sure about this

What does everyone think of how the sts is put on......it's kinda cheap and dorky.
I might put a sts from the front on it.

Phantonza
12-11-2012, 09:18 AM
How do you all like the newer grip.
I'm not sure of the grip yet.

I like it very much. I think a narrow grip is better than a thick one, since it is easier to avoid torque with a narrow grip. It is not uncomfortable at all. There is one thing, however: the quality of the leather (sheep?) is not good and the same is true for the adhesive used to attach it. I had to replace the leather with a better quality leather (cow). The leather should be slick to avoid torque. Rubber - used earlier in Martin grips - is the worst choice since it sticks to your palm, potentially inducing torque.

typically8
12-11-2012, 09:45 AM
I like it fine. However, the use of the word thermal should not be used as the handle will get cold. I hate cold hands, so i attached some thin foam on the front of the handle.

WestMichiganBowhunter
12-11-2012, 09:52 AM
i'm thinking of putting / wrapping tourney grip on the ridge hunter.
That should warm it up.

I'm just worried that it won't be smooth and pretty quiet....
I have'nt' had the greatest luck with the brand...
I've had all 2009 firecats and bengals.

I keep thinking i should wait for the x4 blade

Arrow Splitter
12-11-2012, 10:36 AM
i'm thinking of putting / wrapping tourney grip on the ridge hunter.
That should warm it up.

I'm just worried that it won't be smooth and pretty quiet....
I have'nt' had the greatest luck with the brand...
I've had all 2009 firecats and bengals.

I keep thinking i should wait for the x4 bladeMartin has done some great improvements since 2009. The Ridge Hunter has the Accutrak cam, and is very smooth and quiet.

As for the grip, I believe this is Martin's best grip yet (It's on my 2011 Firecat). I like a thin grip, and I've found that I'm more accurate with it.

A.S

droppixel
12-11-2012, 11:38 AM
No problems at all with mine. When it gets hot out it bunches a little at the top, but I can live with that - it can be easily adjusted, at least mine is. The side plates are ok - one of mine likes to push a little but has never come out. I like the profile of the grip much more than the 07 Cheetah I have and the Alien I previously owned.

WildWilt15
12-11-2012, 12:11 PM
I also had issues with the leather on my grip bunching up when i was at the Rinehart R100 in michigan this year but it was 90+ degrees out and humid.

gravedigger
12-11-2012, 01:03 PM
i hate it a bunch.dont like the way it feels in my hand.my buddy has a 11 exile and man i cant stand shooting it with that grip..he did not like it at first and took him a good amount of time to get use to it.the bow its self is a shooter for sure just cant stand the grip

Tosi
12-11-2012, 01:31 PM
I've always like the smaller grip. What I don't like is the cheap sheep skin or what ever they call it. It lasted a whole three shoots. I replaced it with Limb Saver Installation Vibration strips made of rubber. Works great.

bfisher
12-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Any type of rubber grip sucks. I don't know why it's even called a grip. You're not supposed to grip the bow.

Lab Rat
12-11-2012, 06:53 PM
I agree with Barry. I don't even think of it as a grip and I like it featureless and boring. I practice wearing a thin glove if my hand gets cold.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-11-2012, 07:18 PM
If your holding the grip your not shooting right anyway! An archer's tee is the only way you should be shooting. The grip is there just to make it pretty.

Hutch:cool:

typically8
12-11-2012, 09:02 PM
I never said I was shooting the thing. While holding the bow, the metal is cold, while the bow is being drawn and is cradled in my my palm the cold metal transfers through the leather to my hand. Sometimes I have to hold the bow an hour as there are deer coming and going. I like to be nocked, cocked, and ready to..........ROCK! :cool:But, not with cold hands. And yes I wear gloves. I still like the skinny handle though.

Arrow Splitter
12-12-2012, 05:31 AM
I never said I was shooting the thing. While holding the bow, the metal is cold, while the bow is being drawn and is cradled in my my palm the cold metal transfers through the leather to my hand. Sometimes I have to hold the bow an hour as there are deer coming and going. I like to be nocked, cocked, and ready to..........ROCK! :cool:But, not with cold hands. And yes I wear gloves. I still like the skinny handle though.
Just put a pink thermal wrap around it.;):pLOL I just had to type that.

A.S

typically8
12-12-2012, 02:34 PM
"The grip is there just to make it pretty."
"just put pink thermal wrap around it"
Hutch and A.S. maybe on to something. I can be warm and pretty at the same time!!! The deer will be happy, I will be happy. Life is grand.:rolleyes:

Arrow Splitter
12-12-2012, 02:53 PM
"The grip is there just to make it pretty."
"just put pink thermal wrap around it"
Hutch and A.S. maybe on to something. I can be warm and pretty at the same time!!! The deer will be happy, I will be happy. Life is grand.:rolleyes:There you go, grip problem solved.LOL:p

A.S