PDA

View Full Version : What rest?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-12-2012, 03:46 PM
2010 Bengal, what rest?
Here are the ones I am looking at. Apache, Revolution, Code Red and the ultra rest.
Fire away give me your opinions and why!

Hutch:cool:

WildWilt15
12-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Apache.... It has green on it lol

trheebs
12-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Not one of your choices, but I have my Cheetah set up with a Trophy Taker Smackdown full containment. Very solid, quiet, and most important it is deadly accurate. Full containment means your arrow will always find its way to the proper place. Lots of people around here use the Qad or Code Red with great results also.

Chip
12-12-2012, 09:01 PM
I don't have any of the rest you are considering, I have NAP quick tune 2000 on both of my bows. The reason I tried the NAP rest was they were a great deal my local shop and I do like them. That being said out of what your looking at I like the idea of the Revolution rest. With my current rest I get great flight and easy tuning, but I do have to keep in mind I have no containment. So when I am hunting I have another aspect to keep in mind at the shot. The revolution seems to give you containment and drop away clearance, so that would be the one I would try out. Just my shopping opinion and keep in mind I have never shot with the Revolution rest.

SJunior
12-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Qad hdx

spanner
12-13-2012, 04:32 AM
Rip Cord Cord Red is the go Hutch can't go wrong I've got them on both my bows nil troubles and strong I let go of a thumb release when shooting at full draw it went through and hit the rest nil damage to the rest but it smashed the release couldn't believe the rest still worked.Great value for your money.

Tosi
12-13-2012, 07:08 AM
1. Limb Driver Pro, 2. Code Red. Hutch the advantage with the LD Pro is that when going to full draw, you will have no worries as the rest and cage will capture the arrow on the draw, it performs better @ sub freezing weather, holds the arrow up just a little longer on release and flat get's out of the way. You can use FOBs and or fletching. I've had a few issues with the Code Red as to catching fletching on release. One of advantage to the Code Red is that you can set the drop in the up right position. It is also easy to tune.

gravedigger
12-13-2012, 10:41 AM
i am going with the Revolution.as soon as i get my $50 X-mas bonus from work that what im getting.i have saved my work around 60k a year since i took over and i get $50 for my years bonus:mad:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the great responses guys. Now its down to 2 choices. I have decided to look at the code red and the revolution. In January some time I am going to go look. Till then I want to do a lot of research and read what you guys post.

Hutch :cool:

daiwateampenn
12-13-2012, 06:40 PM
get the revolution Hutch.

it takes a lot of encouragement to get one, coz of the design.

i had it on, i have thousand of shot over the rest now over the 5 months. its still looking very very fine.

Last month used it for team league. Saw many archer have problem with their rest, cz when they draw their bow, the arrow tend to leave their rest. Im the only archer with a full capture rest for target shoot for that league.:o i got 2nd for personal best score... woohooo.....

The revolution rest give me trouble free, and shot very very well...

Rootsy
12-13-2012, 07:25 PM
I am a big fan of the Limbdriver Pro V after using one for a while now.

droppixel
12-14-2012, 02:23 PM
1. Limbdriver ;) 2. Apache - setting it up is beyond easy, doubt you'd have a problem there anyway ... and making adjustments on it is so easy a cave man could do it.

Durandal
12-18-2012, 10:28 AM
I'm a big fan of the concept behind the Revolution however I've read mixed reviews which leaves me on the fence. Many argue that the individuals who experienced problems hadn't tuned the rest properly.

My main concern however is that I'm a finger shooter and the concensus is that a prong rest of some kind is best. I currently use the Quicktune 750 and it's served me well but I like the idea of a drop away rest. Not sure if I want to spend the dough and end up with a rest I won't use.

Lab Rat
01-07-2013, 08:06 PM
I have a code red and a QAD LD. I like the QAD LD a lot better. They both setup easy but I feel that the LD works a little better, and I like that when I let down slow it keeps the rest up unlike the code red. I also think that it is more quite than the code red. Just my opinion.

wscywabbit
01-08-2013, 03:38 AM
VIVA LA REVOLUTION! :)

I love the revolution; it was easy to tune (although initial setup on the Onza was a bit touch and go with the bridged riser, it all worked out), and has worked flawlessly since I got it set. For the money, you really can't do better IMO. ;)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-08-2013, 04:11 PM
VIVA LA REVOLUTION! :)

I love the revolution; it was easy to tune (although initial setup on the Onza was a bit touch and go with the bridged riser, it all worked out), and has worked flawlessly since I got it set. For the money, you really can't do better IMO. ;)

Its between the Apache and the revolution. Its leaning more and more towards the revolution!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Unless I change my mind (which is still missing in action). I am going to get the revolution!