PDA

View Full Version : M.O.A. bows...who knows of one

madman350
12-16-2012, 12:07 PM
ok archers its well known what minute of angle in the shooting industry is, its NOT a new bow company lol (yet anyhow), i read somewhere that in archery MOA its something like a 2" group at 20yd , 4" at forty yd etc. it is common understanding that the heavy barrel rifles are designed to shoot under moa. some sporter weight rifles can accomplish that as well. OK the archery related question is this= What bow('s) could be considered as a unquestionably "tack driver " type bow ? as a hunting setup WITHOUT a 30" stabilizer ? i considered posting this on another sight , but that could get off topic quick . I'm not looking for "a world class archer can take a cheap bow and out shoot a novice with a flagship bow its all about practice& form etc," but what hunting bow/model stands out as being ones that their owners can say wow this thing was super accurate it could drive nails at 50+ yds ? feel free to post pics of some tight groups ! hey and if someone had a bow that couldnt hit a broadside of a barn ..bash away, lol.

madman350
12-16-2012, 08:12 PM
anybody got/had a acccurate bow they want to brag on a little ?

WildWilt15
12-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Well my shadowcat is the most accurate bow out to 20 yards that I have ever shot I can about bust knocks on command at 20. But I have shot a buddies bowtech sentinel that I could drive tacks to 80 with and if the right opportunity presents itself I would pull the trigger on one for sure

madman350
12-17-2012, 05:50 PM
well wildwilt your thus far the undisputed accuracy champion on this thread . how about a couple more bow accuracy stories here...

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Well with my 2010 Bengal I can put the same arrow in the same hole @ 60 yards! Does that count? Oh I forgot to mention I used my Shooting machine. ;)
On the serious note I am able to break nocks at 35 to 40yards. @ 50 yards 1 to 2" groups with me shooting.

Hutch:cool:

madman350
12-17-2012, 06:44 PM
thats great hutch. well i can hit a medium pan pizza box at 30 yards , as long as it isnt moving , lol.. complete pass thru too. as long as there wasnt any crust in the box, lol.

bob cooly
12-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Isn't it amazing the bow is so accurate. I can shoot far tighter groups with my Onza at 50 yards than I ever could offhand with a open sighted rifle.

WildWilt15
12-17-2012, 09:06 PM
My onza (when not being warrantied) lol i can throw up 4-5 inch groups at 80 yards with my hunting setup! Thats about as good of shooting as I will ever do unless of course i get a lens and some sweet stabilizer set up.

gravedigger
12-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Well with my 2010 Bengal I can put the same arrow in the same hole @ 60 yards! Does that count? Oh I forgot to mention I used my Shooting machine. ;)
On the serious note I am able to break nocks at 35 to 40yards. @ 50 yards 1 to 2" groups with me shooting.

I'm about the same with my bengal.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-18-2012, 03:51 PM
If all of you guys would learn to shoot like a machine you could hit the same hole at any yardage.

take a look

http://s745.beta.photobucket.com/user/Hutchnsonarchery/library/

madman350
12-18-2012, 09:38 PM
whats the tallest tree stand you hunt out of with that there super shooter ?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-19-2012, 03:34 AM
Ha! I can be in the tree stand with a pull cord!:p

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Haven't shot in a while so I went down stairs to shoot and see where I was at. 20yds 1 warm up round of 5. 2 round not bad for a rookie.

Oh btw this bow is super tuned with the shooting machine I built.

7443 7444 7445

Oh also yeah I know they are a little high @ 20 yards. But not in a treestand:cool:

madman350
12-19-2012, 08:37 PM
lookin' good ! keep em rollin in guys , dont let hutches groups intimidate you, plus i know i seen some 50 or 60 yard onza groups on here before. , if someone posts up a group shot w/ anything other than a martin, dont worry the mods wont delete it til tomorrow lol.

Arrow Splitter
12-20-2012, 07:32 AM
if someone posts up a group shot w/ anything other than a martin, dont worry the mods wont delete it til tomorrow lol.
Nah, we'll be nice...maybe. LOL:D

A.S

archerdad
12-20-2012, 12:01 PM
for me lately of the martin/rytera line the shadowcat, alien z and scepterV have been great. then nemesis is pretty good also. BUT it does matter a LOT about getting the proper draw length well tuned equipment good form and good release technique also.
There are so many little things that can make a huge difference at 40 + yards a person has to start going over things with a fine tooth comb and worst out the best combonation for themselves. good strings that don't move or stretch so the bow can be consistant is one of the best starting points.

no fletching contact because that will open up groups in a hurry. a little time and you can have a great setup then work on yourself .

Mike G
12-27-2012, 10:49 AM
This is what kept happening to me with my old bow. So I decided to get a new 2012 Cougar FC with the Fury XT cams.
With enough diligence to tuning and practice any bow in the right hands can split arrows.
I hate when this happens, arrows are expensive!

Mike G

Mike G
12-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Another group with the same bow. These shots are from 30yrds.

Arrow Splitter
12-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Now that's some good shooting.:cool::cool:

Looks like you need to start an arrow fund. LOL

A.S

madman350
12-31-2012, 08:53 AM
this has turned into a good thread guys, some really good accuracy examples and instructions. dont forget to add some info on your set-up or arrow combo's when possible.

Mike G
12-31-2012, 10:30 AM
this has turned into a good thread guys, some really good accuracy examples and instructions. dont forget to add some info on your set-up or arrow combo's when possible.

I was a bit worried about telling about my setup or bow that I shot those groups with; but here goes:

2001 Bowtech Black Knight 2
left hand
dual cams
70.3# draw weight
28" draw modules ... (not sure how Bowtech measures draw length, these give approximately 29" AMO draw length)
6 1/2 brace hieght ... (if brace is set to manufacturer's 6 3/8", I had a very hard time getting the cams timed)
65% let off
405 grain arrow shooting at ~290fps

This is definitely not a M.O.A. Bow
The dual cam is a very radical cam and comes to full draw weight almost immediately and carries through the complete draw until it breaks and drops quick to the hold valley. If a person lets the draw creep forward; this bow will cure you of that nasty bad habit!!!! (I can only imagine what it would be like with 80% let off that it could have been ordered with)

One of my friends that is also left handed and draws a 70# bow, tried to draw my bow once and could not get it to the let off. He just told me; "you're nuts!"

I am replacing this bow as my primary hunting rig with the 2012 Martin Cougar FC. 60# limbs. Fury XT cam. What a treat to draw and hold!!!!!!

Mike

Arrow Splitter
12-31-2012, 08:17 PM
I was a bit worried about telling about my setup or bow that I shot those groups with; but here goes:

Don't be. There are others on here that now or at one time only had other brands of bows, and not one Martin.;)

A.S