PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Diabalo TD

andy_camping
12-18-2012, 09:59 AM
Anyone seen one in person yet? Very interested in getting a recurve this year and this one is tempting me. Any of our dealer friends on the site planning on getting any in?

andy_camping
12-19-2012, 09:29 AM
bump

andy_camping
12-28-2012, 12:24 PM
Bump....anyone?

typically8
12-28-2012, 08:23 PM
What exactly is a "bump" ?

elkslayer4x5
12-29-2012, 09:15 AM
What exactly is a bump ?

A bump is a post made to move a thread back to the top of an index page, some people also just type ttt which means To The Top
Just in case you were not joking....:)

themiddleman
12-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Anyone seen one in person yet? Very interested in getting a recurve this year and this one is tempting me. Any of our dealer friends on the site planning on getting any in?

I played with the prototype a few months back and was very impressed. I have a couple on order for the shop. I talked to Martin archery the other day and they said they should start shipping by the middle of January.

andy_camping
12-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Sweet, I'm thinking that it will be my 2013 purchase. Want to some traditional shooting in the upcoming year. Please post some picks of the carbon black one when they get in. Thanks....

typically8
12-29-2012, 03:56 PM
A bump is a post made to move a thread back to the top of an index page, smoe people also just type ttt which means To The Top
Just in case you were not joking....:)

Nope I was for real. So its a way to keep a thread active until the poster gets an answer?
Sorry Andy good luck.

elkslayer4x5
12-30-2012, 07:39 AM
Nope I was for real. So its a way to keep a thread active until the poster gets an answer?
Sorry Andy good luck.

Yes, it keeps the thread active. Glad I could help. :)

bfisher
12-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Another bump with a post. I was going to get a Gail Martin recurve for 2013. I just might have to get me a Diablo TD instead. I like the idea of a little more mass weight and the ability to change draw weight by swapping limbs.

andy_camping
01-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Another bump with a post. I was going to get a Gail Martin recurve for 2013. I just might have to get me a Diablo TD instead. I like the idea of a little more mass weight and the ability to change draw weight by swapping limbs.

Yes, exactly what I was thinking BFish. Plus, I absolutely love the way it looks.

andy_camping
01-24-2013, 09:02 AM
Getting antsy!! Got a birthday coming up and seriously thinking about the Diabalo TD. Anyone on here get their hands on one yet? Anyone plan on selling?

moonhs10
02-01-2013, 09:47 AM
I just ordered Diablo T/D. Can't wait!

elkslayer4x5
02-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Come on Andy, order that bow already, you're the only guy we know who's thinking about getting one, well, you and Barry, but Barry will get his later Get it and tell us how it shoots! :D

andy_camping
02-04-2013, 09:06 AM
I haven't seen it available...that's why I've been asking around.

bfisher
02-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Come on Andy, order that bow already, you're the only guy we know who's thinking about getting one, well, you and Barry, but Barry will get his later Get it and tell us how it shoots! :D

Yeh, I really have to get on the stick here. Between me working and traveling and my sales rep being on the road we just can't seem to get together. Might have to do it by mail although we're only 30 miles apart.

peace
03-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Just ordered one from 3 Rivers, patiently waiting. Wonder which bow the riser is from?

DeanRM
03-26-2013, 09:49 AM
It is a new riser built specificaly for this bow.

The bow shoots great, better than the Jaguar!

bfisher
03-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Update; I finally ordered mine about two weeks ago along with a lit of other stuff. Now to wait patiently. Oh well, I still have my Alien Z and two Nemisis to keep me occupied along with my 9 year old student, who is making tremendous strides.

andy_camping
03-27-2013, 08:49 AM
That's great BFish...pictures please when you get her!!!

bfisher
03-27-2013, 10:03 AM
I guess I should have added that I ordered mine with Carbon black riser and camo limbs. I didn't specify which camo, but I would suppose it'll come with Next pattern.

peace
03-28-2013, 03:02 PM
bfisher, Where did you order from and how long ago, just wondering if you got a better deal. I paid $249 plus shipping. Lancaster. Got the all black.

bfisher
03-28-2013, 05:22 PM
Peace,

Read my signature. I order my bows directly from Martin. They are shipped directly to my house. The invoice has a description of the bow and the cost says N/C.

As for how long it takes? I ordered a Red Nemisis last year that arrived in 12 days. Most years it has averaged about 2 months from order to delivery.

andy_camping
04-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Fish,
You get that diablo TD yet?

nshepro
04-15-2013, 02:49 PM
I came across the Diablo T/D about a week ago. It is the most beautiful, sexy bow I have seen. But I'm a lefty and that bow has not been made for me. I can't think of a more appropriate place to look for an announcement of the Diablo being made as a lefty than right here. If there is, can someone help me out?

andy_camping
05-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Where's the pics? I want to see and hear Bfish's comments.

bfisher
05-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Sorry I haven't been here for a while. Question seems to be how long a wait. I called and talked to Carley last week. I don't have the bow yet and it seems the holdup is that they are waiting for 30# limbs. I guess there isn't much demand for them. I can wait. With 3 Aliens it isn't like I don't have a bow to shoot.

When I get it I'll be sure and let you know.

Stevtech
06-18-2013, 01:13 PM
On 05/27 I ordered a Diablo at my local archery shop. They did place the order until 06/03, I donít know why. I felt like they would check it out and if it had any issues they would handle it. Now I would like to find out an approximate delivery date. The shop just says they donít know when. Seems funny that they donít do better but reading all the posts it seems that is standard operating procedure in Archery.
I ordered black, 35lb. On the shop recommendation I bought 12 Easton ST excel 500 30Ē arrows with a 4 inch fletching and 55 grain combo points.
From what I read I probably should buy a new string, and rest for it. I guess I will have the shop recommend those items too. Also thinking about a clicker. I thought about a site but that I guess it would be useless for bow fishing. My target and arrows will last longer with less stacking of arrows ;-).
The shop has a sale this month of 25% off of everything except this years bows. I would like any advice anyone has to give.
My main interest has been bow fishing with AMS Fishhawk. The park at Lake Pleasant has an Archery meet a couple of times a month so I bought this bow for that and possibly as a second fishing bow. It doesnít look like my bow will get here before the next shoot on the 29th.

Stevtech
06-26-2013, 10:30 PM
Just got my Diabo TD yesterday. The guy in Corner arcthery said he is a professional recurve shooter. He said "It seems like a really nice bow for the money." Couple of guys in the shope were compound shooters but they admired it. It was the first diablo for the shop. On his recommendation I bought a finger tab Xspot HockII 16.99 25% sale on in stock items,$12.74 Fivics scorpion target sight blk 46.95 for 35.21 this is for tuning the rest and checking accuracy. I will probably mostly shoot without it, but it sure did bring my groupings in. I bought two more unfletched arrows for tuning.
my two unfletched arrows went to the left of the group. So I have to adjust the rest to bring that in.
Bought a Nap Center rest Flipper. Limb saver ultramax and s coil stabalizer.
I also have a string that he recommended on order. About $15.00
I looked up reviews on everything that I bought, and they were all good except for the site. I can see where it might be a little bit breakable sticking out like it does, but it does the job and seems to dial right in. It might not last long on some peoples kids bow.
I liked talking to the guys in the shop and this is what I believe is one fine set up. It supposed to be 118 degrees on the day of a shoot Saturday. I don't know who will show up but I will be there.
While waiting for my bow I was almost having buyers remorse. I was picking up the Samick Sage at Cabelas last week kind of thinking I might like it better. I liked the looks and the no tools take down. But now that I have the Diablo I am very happy with it. It has a very solid feel and look to it.

andy_camping
06-28-2013, 09:52 AM
PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES! Pleeeeese

Stevtech
06-29-2013, 10:19 PM

Not sure that these pics are being attached. Took my bow out to the shoot today and everyone had lots of complimants on the bow.

That little plastic site did break off with barely a knock. I clued it back and reinforced it with JB weld. Is working great.

Stevtech
06-29-2013, 10:55 PM
It keeps down loading the large images when I selected the ones I made smaller

andy_camping
06-30-2013, 06:24 PM
Looks sweet!

wscywabbit
07-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Very sweet rig! I kinda want one. :)

If you can't get your unfletched arrows to fall in, you probably need to check your spine, your arrows seem to be too stiff if the unfletched are flying that far left....

Stevtech
07-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Very sweet rig! I kinda want one. :)

If you can't get your unfletched arrows to fall in, you probably need to check your spine, your arrows seem to be too stiff if the unfletched are flying that far left....
I went back to the Shop and a guy rechecked the charts and said I should be good with the 500 35# to 40# I am shooting at 30 inches.
I had 100 grain tips and went to 60 grain. He said I needed to go lighter. But it made no change. Tuning guide said I should have gone heavier. Guess I will go get some heavier tips. I would hate to buy all new arrows. I have 14 of them.

That grouping was on my second day with the bow and only about 40 shots at 20 yards.
I know I will get better after some practice. Been changing something after every group.

Could the bow be so unique that the recurve arrow charts don't work?

Stevtech
07-08-2013, 12:55 PM
I shoot about 36 to 48 arrows a day. Seems like the strings sent with the bow are not to good as mentioned in other threads. I ordered a new one when I picked up my bow but haven't heard from the shop yet about that. Getting better. I also ordered some heavier tips. 125 grain to help in the unfletched arrow grouping.
Liking the bow and getting better all the time.

nshepro
08-17-2013, 06:36 AM
Well guys, I've waited long enough and made enough calls to martin directly about making a left handed diablo. They simply won't do it. It went from maybes to irritated "no" and I'm moving on. If anyone knows of a traditional rendezvous coming up in Florida, Georgia or South Carolina, don't be shy, let me know.

Stevtech
08-17-2013, 07:16 AM
With programming and NC machine it seems like it would be simple to make a mirror image once the design is done.

Arrow Splitter
08-17-2013, 11:49 AM
With programming and NC machine it seems like it would be simple to make a mirror image once the design is done.You are correct. I'm not sure why they wouldn't want to. Maybe sales wouldn't be high enough.

A.S

Arrow Splitter
08-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Also, Martin is closing, so that would be a reason in itself. By the way, nice shooting.:cool:

A.S

Stevtech
08-19-2013, 07:39 AM
Wow I guess that means I have a new discontinued model. Still glad I got one. I wanted a take down so I could go up or down on limbs. Once limbs are no longer available that advantage goes away. Bummer.

Spiker
08-19-2013, 08:21 AM
IF limbs do become unavailable from Martin, you can get other replacement limbs. Samick/Sage, Trad Tech, etc...

nshepro
08-23-2013, 06:52 PM
They said the riser had something to do with being die cut. I don't know what they are talking about here, but for some reason, they won't make the switch.

Stevtech
11-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Been shooting my Diablo TD a lot and getting much better, still not good. I noticed the rubber pads on the limbs are split and comming off. It looks like the spot were they rub has cut them in half. Going to try some neoprene with adhesive that I have. It about 1/16 th inch thicker and seems a little heavier. I hope it works OK. w

Went to a shoot today out at Lake Pleasant. They only shoot about 20 yards. I shoot about 30 yards in my yard. I got lots of complements on my bow, and how much my shooting has improved. When I started this spring I could hardly put an arrow in the gold not most of them go in the gold at 20 yards. Seems really close now.