PDA

View Full Version : Hunting is done what now?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Most but not all hunting seasons are done.
What now?
What do most of you do?

Hutch:cool:

TEN RING
12-18-2012, 07:00 PM
getting cot up with all my forums :confused:
still thinking about second season archery comes in after christmas

Spiker
12-19-2012, 08:13 AM
Hunt geese untill mid March then a month and half wait untill spring Turkeys.

andy_camping
12-19-2012, 09:26 AM
Tying flies and drinking. Maybe look for some coyotes with the new .06.

gravedigger
12-19-2012, 09:34 AM
work,work and work some more till next season come around....well thats what i do

CaptJJ
12-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Getting in more post season scouting this year, know one good buck made it. Trying to shoot the recurve regularly so I can start hunting with one. Hoping winter shows up for some ice fishing and snowmobiling; didn't even register my sled last year.

bfisher
12-19-2012, 06:52 PM
What do you mean, what's there to do? You gotta be kidding. Around here the indoor season begins the first week of January. Our winter 3D league just started this past Sunday and that goes for 15 weeks. There's wednesday evening practice. Sunday evening coaching the kids and adult practice after that. A couple scuba trips to the tropics. I need a break and huntin season is when I get it.

Ehunter
12-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Bow season ends for me the 31st. After that, it's coyote time until spring turkey starts in April. Got quite a few coyotes to thin out this year, so it'll be a busy time. Somewhere around 6 square miles of land to hunt coyotes on.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Bow season ends for me the 31st. After that, it's coyote time until spring turkey starts in April. Got quite a few coyotes to thin out this year, so it'll be a busy time. Somewhere around 6 square miles of land to hunt coyotes on.

I'm jealous!

Hutch:cool:

alex
12-20-2012, 11:48 AM
work,work and work some more till next season come around....well thats what i do

That's too much work. Considering your job I guess you live in a quite unhealthy place ;)

Lung Buster
12-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Muzzle loader until the 31st then winter bow until January 31st then small game February and March then turkey's in April and then fishing season! It never ends what a vicious cycle!!!!!! Haha

bfisher
12-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Couple of you guys are so transparent. "Work, work, work, and more work." I knew this was Gravedigger without looking. The other? Lung Buster makes reference to "WinterBow". New Jersey is the only place I know that calls their late season this so I knew he is from N.J.

droppixel
12-20-2012, 07:38 PM
I got a couple weeks left chief! After that, it is back to the grind in preparing for the next season. Gonna get the bow tuned up, and sit and wait for my turkey tag to come.

SJunior
12-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Have til January 10th to fill 3 tags, hopefully with 2 bucks and a doe. Indoor 3D and some spot tournaments after that thru March then outdoor 3D and Turkey starts in April. Coyotes all year.

I'll be getting ready from now til September for a 2 week hunt in Idaho. 4 different animals in 2 weeks in heaven, can hardly stand the wait!!!

WildWilt15
12-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Have til January 10th to fill 3 tags, hopefully with 2 bucks and a doe. Indoor 3D and some spot tournaments after that thru March then outdoor 3D and Turkey starts in April. Coyotes all year.

I'll be getting ready from now til September for a 2 week hunt in Idaho. 4 different animals in 2 weeks in heaven, can hardly stand the wait!!!

Living the sweet life... Lol

typically8
12-20-2012, 09:01 PM
I am going to take a long nap. Maybe 3 or 7 of them. :confused:

SJunior
12-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Living the sweet life... Lol

My only complaints are that I still have to work for a living and I still am not rich. ;)

Double S
12-20-2012, 11:15 PM
I wanna catch up making some Youtube video reviews. But the bad backs aching like crazy from all the power outages We've been having from snow storms. jarred my back starting the generator.

I'm done ranting...Where's my meds?!.

bfisher
12-21-2012, 06:21 AM
I am going to take a long nap. Maybe 3 or 7 of them. :confused:

Good idea. Wish I could do that. Unfortunately, being retired, I can't find the time or I'd hibernate for the winter.

gravedigger
12-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Couple of you guys are so transparent. "Work, work, work, and more work." I knew this was Gravedigger without looking. The other? Lung Buster makes reference to "WinterBow". New Jersey is the only place I know that calls their late season this so I knew he is from N.J.

lmao.this is true.when im not working im workning on working to go to work so i can get off work and get back to work.then this 1 month comes up called august/september and work goes away for 10-15 days,its the woods and nothing else.and then back to work:p:p

hawkdriver55
12-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Well tonight I will open my Christmas gift to me. Then spend the rest of the winter and summer getting my new cougar ready for next deer season.
I hate summer and the heat so I will work as many extra days as I can so I dont feel guilty next fall when I don't want to work extra because of the season.

Arrow Splitter
12-21-2012, 12:16 PM
lmao.this is true.when im not working im workning on working to go to work so i can get off work and get back to work.then this 1 month comes up called august/september and work goes away for 10-15 days,its the woods and nothing else.and then back to work:p:p
During those 10-15 days you go into the woods to work to find a deer.:D

gravedigger
12-21-2012, 01:12 PM
During those 10-15 days you go into the woods to work to find a deer

no deer....well if 1 passes by and gives me a shot then sure.dang it AS i forgot about the work i have do once i get to the woods to find elk.then the real work starts.dang i also have to work on cleaning and setting up camp,hualing watter,getting fire wood,and then the miles and miles and mile of hikeing around.at least thats the work i like to do and not get told to do.:D.

just to much work for it all to work.does this work:confused::cool::rolleyes:

Arrow Splitter
12-21-2012, 06:59 PM
no deer....well if 1 passes by and gives me a shot then sure.dang it AS i forgot about the work i have do once i get to the woods to find elk.then the real work starts.dang i also have to work on cleaning and setting up camp,hualing watter,getting fire wood,and then the miles and miles and mile of hikeing around.at least thats the work i like to do and not get told to do.:D.

just to much work for it all to work.does this work:confused::cool::rolleyes:

Now GD, don't get all worked up. LOL