PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Taker Smackdown or NAP Apache Carbon

Arrow Splitter
12-25-2012, 04:20 PM
For those that have used these rests, what are your opinions?

I want a full capture dropaway rest for my Firecat, and my current Trophy Taker dropaway will be going on my Jaguar.

A.S

Ehunter
12-25-2012, 06:36 PM
I have a Smackdown, as well as several older TT full containment rests. I personally prefer the older style that attached to the down cable. The new style seems to be a little bit louder, as well as harder to set-up. I also have a NAP Apache, though not the carbon version. I think it's pretty much a toss up between the two, with the NAP being quite a bit cheaper, but every bit as good. It's also lighter. Getting ready to try out a QAD if my new bow ever shows up. lol

B4L Okie
01-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Love the carbon apache on my pantera. Got it cheap offa eblay. Light and quiet and the side load is easier.Was easy to set up. No experience with TT.

Double S
01-09-2013, 07:51 PM
I have no experience with NAP. I do love all my TT Products. I have the Smackdown that connect to the lower limbs. it's so easy to adjust...even a Double S can do it.! It's that simple. lol.

wut4dude
01-19-2013, 04:29 PM
I just switched from a QAD HDX to a TT Smackdown FC...I really thought the QADs where quiet, and have nothing bad to say about QAD, but I didn't know what silence was until I installed a TT Smackdown on my carbon matrix...I don't have any experience with the NAP

Sonny Thomas
02-02-2013, 12:12 PM
I am not familiar with the Smackdown, but some with the standard Trophy Takers and all have been good.

The NAP Apache I do have experience as in I can't keep one for myself. Sold I don't know how many. When I get another I'm hiding it. Easy to set up, full containment, arrow will pick up where ever arrow is inside the cage. I have used the Apache on my target bows and had excellent results.

Arrow Splitter
02-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Thanks for everyone's input. I ended up getting a regular NAP Apache, and I totally like it.:cool::cool: It's a very impressive rest.

A.S