PDA

View Full Version : Keeping things simple?

Mike G
12-27-2012, 10:04 AM
I am setting up a brand new 2012 Cougar FC for myself that I just aquired before Christmas.
I am having a hard time deciding on the arrow rest to use.
This is going to be my primary hunting bow, so I prefer to keep it as problem free and simple as possible.
I need pros and cons on full carture rests and prong style rests. I have always gone with complete fletching free prong style rests and have not had the problems I hear from others about arrows falling off the rest while drawing back. Do I stay with what I know?
I do not want any fall away rests. I have seen more problems with them than I care for. In the swamps I bow hunt whitetails I don't need more cords and strings to catch on brush and briars.

Thanks for any input!

Mike G

Simple Life
12-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Whisker Biscuit...best full containment ,non drop away rest.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Welcome aboard Mike, x 2 on the Whisker Biscuit simple to install easy to adjust and works.

Hutch:cool:

bob cooly
12-27-2012, 07:10 PM
X3 on Whisker Biscuit, for what you want. Check ou the PigMans Youtube for anyone that questions how accurate they can shoot.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-27-2012, 07:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbefCoY71Os

Hutch:cool:

Mike G
12-27-2012, 11:42 PM
The only question I have on the Whisker Bisquit is: What about the fletching contact? It goes against everything I've always tried to achieve. Complete fletching clearance. Is there speed loss in the fletchings all contacting as they pass through? If so how much?

typically8
12-27-2012, 11:51 PM
I have always liked the NAP 360. 3 contact points

NuttyNative
12-28-2012, 12:01 AM

X2 on the 360. I've used it on several bows because I didn't like the Whisker Biscuits shoot through either.

Simple Life
12-28-2012, 03:14 PM
The only question I have on the Whisker Bisquit is: What about the fletching contact? It goes against everything I've always tried to achieve. Complete fletching clearance. Is there speed loss in the fletchings all contacting as they pass through? If so how much?

On average 2-6 fps loss.Alot of the problems people have with tbe WB is bad form,you have to keep proper form till the arrow is gone or it will show the flaws.I have shot blazers through the WB with no wrinkling of vanes.Just my .02.

gravedigger
12-29-2012, 11:45 AM

x3 for the 360.i would stay away from the hostage rests.i have one and hate it so very much

andy_camping
12-29-2012, 03:27 PM
WB and Blazers is the simplest and best flying combo I've found for typical hunting distances. And after properly sighted in and broadhead tuned, its pretty much a worry free setup.