PDA

View Full Version : Nemesis draw length

beadrunner
12-27-2012, 07:19 PM
I want to build a custom grip for my daughters Nemesis to shorten the draw length slightly. I've got everything shortened as much as possible and it's still about a 1/2 too long. Can I get another 1/2 with a grip
Oh and what kind of wood is best

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-27-2012, 07:26 PM
I want to build a custom grip for my daughters Nemesis to shorten the draw length slightly. I've got everything shortened as much as possible and it's still about a 1/2 too long. Can I get another 1/2 with a grip

Is she going to grow anymore? If so short string it and keep the old string till she grows in to it.

Hutch:cool:

beadrunner
12-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Yes she's still growing. Her arm span is 67" tip to tip. How much shorter does the string need to be The bow currently has hybrix 2.0 cams and 02mp limbs. It's about 37#now. She shot her old bow as high as 44#

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-27-2012, 07:39 PM
All you need to do is short string the bow not the cables. This will rotate the cams and changes the draw length and let off. The string only needs to be an inch shorter

beadrunner
12-27-2012, 08:03 PM
PM sent

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Here is a quote on what bfisher recommended another person to do.

"Guys, I have been in contact with dj via PM and made some suggestions based on my experience. I suggested short stringing the bow one inch and backing the limbs off by 8 turns With so much less stress on the limbs I don't foresee a problem so long as the limb bolts have a full barrel nut. I made other suggestions as well, but this is the most of it. I also told him this is not the best solution but the lad he's working with has never shot a bow before so after shooting a while he should get the right muscles moving the right way and develop more strength in a fairly short time.

As some of you already know I had a 2007 Pantera, 55#, that I backed off to 27# and shot it for several months that way (long story). So I think we can make this work for a short amount of time."

beadrunner
01-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Thanks to Hutch for all his help. New shorter string shortened the draw length 1"