PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum..

weldorj81
12-30-2012, 01:55 PM
And I don't even own a Martin, well not yet at least. My local shop has some Martin's on sale at killer prices and I just can't pass them up. The choices are a Cougar Fc, Pantera, and a Silencer, all single cam with the fury xt cam. I'm just wanting some feedback on these bows for anyone who owns them. Oh and they are all 2012 models. Thanks

TEN RING
12-30-2012, 02:13 PM
welcome to the forum

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-30-2012, 02:46 PM
I don't own any of the new ones but wouldn't mind owning one. But we have heard a lot of good reviews on them. Btw welcome to the forum!

Hutch:cool:

weldorj81
12-30-2012, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I'm kinda leaning towards that Pantera due to the longer ata. Nobody has one of these bows? How about reviews on the cam? I'm liking the flexibility it has as far as draw stop and length adjustments. What's the draw cycle like?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-30-2012, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I'm kinda leaning towards that Pantera due to the longer ata. Nobody has one of these bows? How about reviews on the cam? I'm liking the flexibility it has as far as draw stop and length adjustments. What's the draw cycle like?

There are many that had or have the bow and can give a review. Just haven't been on lately it might be because of the holidays.

But if I were to choose you have the right thought Pantera!

Arrow Splitter
12-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Welcome to the Martin Tech Forum weldorj81. There are people on here with some of the 2012s, so you should be seeing feedback soon.

I shoot a 2011 Firecat 400, but I've heard that the 2012s are very nice.

A.S

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Here is a good link http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?25462-New-Pantera-owner&highlight=Pantera

daiwateampenn
12-30-2012, 07:31 PM
welcom to the forum.

i bet u will like all the three, if u have chance to put ur hand on it.

i would go for the firecat, cz for me the riser design is so tempting.

typically8
12-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Buy one of each. Just in case there is an outbreak of zombieism in your area. And welcome to the forum.

Double S
12-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Welcome to the forum!. I don't have any of those bows but we just bought our son a 2012 Bengal pro with the Fury cam. It is nice!. No Complaints on my end. I think you'll be happy with any of those you posted. With the three you posted I would select the Pantera. I like the longer ATA bows too.

trheebs
12-31-2012, 06:00 AM
Welcome to the forum. I have owned a 2012 Cougar FC w/ Fury XT one cam, and it shot great. I like the riser design and the grip melts in your hand. I just have a 2010 Cheetah and cant let it go, so I sold the Cougar to help fund 2013. I have always wanted a Pantera and just never pulled the trigger on getting one. Either the Cougar or Pantera would be a good choice depending on what you want in axle to axle. Shoot them both and see which one feels better in your hand. Dont be afraid of the short a-a on the Cougar because it held and shot great.

Mike G
12-31-2012, 06:38 AM
I am new to this forum also.
I bought a 2012 Cougar FC just before Christmas. I came across a great deal on the bow, while I was looking for Christmas presents for my son-inlaw and sons. I'm left handed and when I come across a smoking good deal on a bow in stock it is rare. Then to top it off a Pantera and Cougar. It actually came down to a choice between the Pantera and Cougar. I guess for me it kind of was a coin flip. I went for the Cougar because it was in black carbon weave, just something a little different.
The draw cycle is smooth compared to what I was used to and both bows felt great in my hands. With all the adjustability of the Fury XT cam I can't wait to start getting this bow set up for me. I am still getting all the stuff picked out for setting it up. I need to get it set up and practicing with it ... whitetail bow season here starts in 8 1/2 months.
Let us know what you decide on.

Mike

bfisher
12-31-2012, 07:45 AM
Welcome to the tech forums, Mike. I hope your choice in bows works out for you. I think it's wise to get a jump on getting it set up and get used to it. 8 1/2 months will go by very quickly so it's better to start now than to wait till the last moment.

Barry

weldorj81
12-31-2012, 03:51 PM
Well I settled on the Pantera and have it on layaway, can't wait to get it home. Still blows me away how light it feels for its length. Draw felt a bit harsh compared to my Bear Attack but I'm quite sure I will get over it with this bows shootability and adjustment potential. Thanks for the help and links and stuff, I will post my review once I get it out on the range.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
12-31-2012, 04:44 PM
Well I settled on the Pantera and have it on layaway, can't wait to get it home. Still blows me away how light it feels for its length. Draw felt a bit harsh compared to my Bear Attack but I'm quite sure I will get over it with this bows shootability and adjustment potential. Thanks for the help and links and stuff, I will post my review once I get it out on the range.

You won't be disappointed. Pantera are very nice bows. Of course we expect to see pics asap when you get that beauty.

spanner
01-01-2013, 04:30 AM
Hi welcome to the forum , I've got a Bengal Pro great drawing bow smooth and doesn't feel as heavy as some bows , though it takes some adjusting to get draw length and stop set , but once set its shoots great. Recommend! If you have any questions drop me a PM.

Dale817
01-01-2013, 07:12 AM
Welcome,I am new to the forum also.i didnt see your thread until you had already purchased a Pantera,I think you made a good choice I also just bought a Pantera and so far I dont have any complaints. We need pictures tho.

elkslayer4x5
01-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Welcome to the site, all three of you! LOL :D

hawkdriver55
01-01-2013, 09:41 AM
Love my Cougar! Only had it since Christmas but had been waiting to get it for awhile. I shot the scilencer and loved it, but when I got a chance at a really good deal on the Cougar I jumped on it. (they are basicly the same bow) Most important thing is to shoot them if you can and get what feels best. The fastest, hardest hitting bow out there is worthless unless you can shoot it well and enjoy it. From one newbie to another....Welcome to the forum!!!!!

WestMichiganBowhunter
01-01-2013, 09:41 AM
welcome to the site...........
you won't be dissaappointed with the pantera.

I shoot the ridge hunters..............incredible bow from martin
I just did a review of it on here. Read if you like.

Chip
01-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new bows. Practice builds confidence and leads to a clean harvest, best of luck with your hunting and shooting endeavors.

weldorj81
01-02-2013, 10:34 AM
I will definitely post pics, and thanks again for the help.