PDA

View Full Version : Ever have one of those "Don't want to do jack" days??

droppixel
01-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Been having a few too many myself that has been killing me during the work day. Time drags by, but I just don't have the motivation to get anything going to maybe help the time move along a little faster :confused:

Ehunter
01-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Drop, I think it's called winter. I get them all the time after deer season is over. Spring tends to break me out of it though. lol

gravedigger
01-03-2013, 09:54 AM
i have them days all the time.get to work and start thinking about how many years of wrong placements,lack of record keeping,and just a general lack of people not doing ther jobs in many years past that i am trying to fix.brings a guy down quick.

my fix is this.2 Daughter,a house payment,car payment,loan payment plus all the other bills.jobs are hard to find and i cant afford to loose mine.so i start thinking about work one day at a time.ok,ok,ok and i drink 2 rockstars a day.:D

bfisher
01-03-2013, 10:42 AM
I'm that way all the time. I've got one shed that needs torn down, I have another that needs new siding. Need to replace the kitchen floor. Have some tree limbs that are pulling on the electric line to the house, but I need a longer ladder (32'). It's just too cold out right now and I know that after not doing much the last few months my body is going to hurt afterwards. Need to get back into the gym. There's always something to do and not enough time---or should I say motivation. And the older I get the worse it gets. I gotta get off my ass and start at least one of them. Once I get started there will be no quitting. Don't let anybody kid you. Retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be.

gravedigger
01-03-2013, 12:16 PM
. Retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be.

so very true.retirement is a full time job of its own.

madman350
01-03-2013, 01:00 PM
I'm that way all the time. I've got one shed that needs torn down, I have another that needs new siding. Need to replace the kitchen floor. Have some tree limbs that are pulling on the electric line to the house, but I need a longer ladder (32'). It's just too cold out right now and I know that after not doing much the last few months my body is going to hurt afterwards. Need to get back into the gym. There's always something to do and not enough time---or should I say motivation. And the older I get the worse it gets. I gotta get off my ass and start at least one of them. Once I get started there will be no quitting. Don't let anybody kid you. Retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be.

just rent a 32 footer from HD or lowes for the day. imo the fiberglass ones feel lighter than alum does, and you really dont want to hit them lines with a 32 extended and a puff of wind makes you and that 26 7/8 draw lose it. can you say really top heav? if you really want to make it easy on yourself amd be safe rent a non self propelled -tow type bucket lift, the ones paint and pressure wash crews use for two or so story buildings .http://www.aerialliftequipment.com/inventory.php?id=285. should be able to find one at a commercial tool rental outlet.

bfisher
01-03-2013, 03:53 PM
so very true.retirement is a full time job of its own.

You're correct, but how do you know this?

bfisher
01-03-2013, 04:05 PM
just rent a 32 footer from HD or lowes for the day. imo the fiberglass ones feel lighter than alum does, and you really dont want to hit them lines with a 32 extended and a puff of wind makes you and that 26 7/8 draw lose it. can you say really top heav? if you really want to make it easy on yourself amd be safe rent a non self propelled -tow type bucket lift, the ones paint and pressure wash crews use for two or so story buildings .http://www.aerialliftequipment.com/inventory.php?id=285. should be able to find one at a commercial tool rental outlet.

I can borrow a 32' aluminum to do most of the work, but definitely will get a fiberglass one for work around the electric wire. One zap from that would definitely recharge my pacemaker---if I had one. Don't matter, it would hurt. Another thing is that I plan on using my treestand harness. I kid around and tell the wife I could just tie a rope around my neck and keep it short enough that I won't hit the ground if I fall. LOL. Man, that would stretch me out some. I keep getting shorter as the discs in my back compress. Heck of it is I have a 35 year old son that doesn't want anything to do with climbing that high. Big pussy. Typical Gen Xer.

I'll probably wait till spring to tackle that. The other jobs can be handled from ground level or just a step ladder. Just gotta get started. Thanks for the hints though.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-03-2013, 04:08 PM
When I have one of those days I go down stairs and shoot a few rounds. Then everything just disappears. ;)

Hutch:cool:

gravedigger
01-03-2013, 04:55 PM
You're correct, but how do you know this?

well most people hang out with folks ther own age.i cant stand most people my age so i hang out with people who are way older then me.better stories,better advice and all around good peple i can learn from.
dont get me wrong i still have a few friend who are a couple years older then me but not many.

gravedigger
01-03-2013, 04:57 PM
When I have one of those days I go down stairs and shoot a few rounds. Then everything just disappears. ;)

that because the wife makes you disappear:p

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-03-2013, 05:19 PM

Or maybe I disappear from the honey do lists!!!!:p

gravedigger
01-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Or maybe I disappear from the honey do lists!!!!:p

i bet you made a fort to hide in with all the bags of pellets.lol

bfisher
01-04-2013, 11:00 AM

Agreed, but one thing that won't disappear is that "honey-do" list. You can run, but you can't hide.

bob cooly
01-06-2013, 04:06 PM
bfisher; I'd check with the utility company about them wires, alot of them will trim your trees for the sake of safety and their other customers, for free! Lung problems keep me inside way too much in the winter. Wind blows here alot and when it's cold. i'm done. Did manage to get the grandsons out yesterday for awhile to shoot their bows. Um, March and turkey season starts.

bfisher
01-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Bob, the electric company does trim around the main lines every couple years. Unfortunately this is the line feeding from the main to my house which I am responsible for. It's really not that big a deal. I just need to borrow or resnt a ladder to do it. Actually the whole tree needs cut back. It just happens that the electric line and cable TV lines to two houses run through it. It's just one of those things that will take some time and finesse.

WestMichiganBowhunter
01-07-2013, 02:02 PM
yep today!