PDA

View Full Version : Alien Z: Broken Hybrix Cams

Lab Rat
01-06-2013, 07:45 AM
I was just shooting the Z when the bottom pin that holds the bowstring on the bottom cam tore off of the cam. I was at full draw and the pin became a projectile. Sounded like a 22 going off -- I immediately checked myself for a cut. The pin on the top cam is also twisted pretty bad. I sure wish that I would have been inspecting these cams however I am not sure that it would have resulted in a different result -- both cams need to be replaced. Has this been a common issue with the Hybrix cams?

elkslayer4x5
01-06-2013, 08:49 AM
First one I've heard of! Real glad that you were'nt injured. You will want to call customer service, and I'm sure that Joel will take care of you, and have you back up and shooting soon.

bfisher
01-06-2013, 12:58 PM
You ask if this is a common occurance? Honestly, it's the first one I've seen to this. As ES4x5 says, a call to Joel will most likely result in replacement cams although he may ask you to work through a dealer if there is one close by. I wwould advise that you send pics of both cams to him---Joel@martinarchery.com or at least have them ready to send when you talk to him.

archerdad
01-06-2013, 06:25 PM
first i saw . call tomorrow at 1-509-529-2554

daiwateampenn
01-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Well, i guess im not in luck too..

i dont have a bad cam (touch wood) but i had a bad module.

the mod actually crack... wow..... notice it when i saw some fray on my cable, and check on the cam, and saw this on my mod.....

Simple Life
01-06-2013, 10:37 PM
Second time I heard of it.Happened on Tosi's Firecat http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?24617-Top-Cam-Pin-Busted&highlight=broken.Glad to see you weren"t injured.

Arrow Splitter
01-07-2013, 07:16 AM
It's definitely not common, which is good, and this is only the second time that I have heard of it. Martin will take care of you; they resume normal business hours today at 8 a.m. Pacific time.

A.S

EnglishKev
01-07-2013, 12:37 PM

the mod actually crack... wow..... notice it when i saw some fray on my cable, and check on the cam, and saw this on my mod.....

I had similar to this on one of my AlienX bows, it had had a lot of shooting over a 2 1/2 year period though.
Mine cracked in the bottom of the cable groove.
Martin replaced them no problem, since them everything is good:D

Kev

daiwateampenn
01-07-2013, 05:30 PM
I had similar to this on one of my AlienX bows, it had had a lot of shooting over a 2 1/2 year period though.
Mine cracked in the bottom of the cable groove.
Martin replaced them no problem, since them everything is good:D

Kev

so im not the first one. emailed Martin. Looking forward to their reply

Phantonza
01-08-2013, 01:32 AM

Cool, custom green module :D But less cool it broke that way. Surprising, I wonder how that can happen, even though there are of course high forces present.

Seems you haven't filed the 90 degree edges of the inner side of the module rounder. Haven't you experienced cable serving wear due to the sharp edge?

Lab Rat
01-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Sending the Alien Z out tomorrow to Martin. They said that they saw this happen once before and will take care of it. I knew that they would with no questions asked. Best customer service hands down.

daiwateampenn
01-08-2013, 09:58 PM
Cool, custom green module :D But less cool it broke that way. Surprising, I wonder how that can happen, even though there are of course high forces present.

Seems you haven't filed the 90 degree edges of the inner side of the module rounder. Haven't you experienced cable serving wear due to the sharp edge?

Infact, i did use the 2000 fine sandpaper to remove the sharp edge. barely see by eye, but when u touch it, its rounded. and that why its green to cover the sanded area.

Im suprised too.....

daiwateampenn
01-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Sending the Alien Z out tomorrow to Martin. They said that they saw this happen once before and will take care of it. I knew that they would with no questions asked. Best customer service hands down.

great customer services.

i yet to get reply from Joel. maybe because of the festival season, im sure his email is fully loaded. and takes days for him to clear it out.

Hope i get my reply from them soon too....

Lab Rat
01-09-2013, 03:50 AM
I email Joel, but he must be still out of the office. I called and left a short message and left my cell phone number and made sure that I had it on and near me. Branden called me back. I am sure that they are slammed right now with the long holiday and the ATA going on.

Phantonza
01-09-2013, 06:42 AM
Infact, i did use the 2000 fine sandpaper to remove the sharp edge. barely see by eye, but when u touch it, its rounded. and that why its green to cover the sanded area.

OK! I filed and sanded my modules somewhat more radically and wasn't perfectionist enough to do any paint work :)

elkslayer4x5
01-09-2013, 09:28 AM
OK! I filed and sanded my modules somewhat more radically and wasn't perfectionist enough to do any paint work :)

Yumping Yimmity!! And why not? :D

bfisher
01-09-2013, 12:10 PM
I email Joel, but he must be still out of the office. I called and left a short message and left my cell phone number and made sure that I had it on and near me. Branden called me back. I am sure that they are slammed right now with the long holiday and the ATA going on.

And what did Brandon say?

Lab Rat
01-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Brandon said that they have seen this once before and it is very rare. They are going to replace the cams, cables, string, and the limbs which had an issue prior to this. Once they have a chance to look at it I would like to talk to them again because it seems like the cam is very thin in the area supporting the pin. My Onza which has the nitro cams is noticeably thicker where the pin is located.

Lab Rat
01-24-2013, 06:00 PM
I just got off the phone with Joel and the Alien Z is repaired and is being shipped out. I had an issue with a draw module on one of my other bows and he is throwing a set in with the Z. Martin Archery is awesome -- can't wait to be the Z home.

Ehunter
01-24-2013, 06:15 PM
Glad to hear they have you all fixed up Lab. Gotta love Martin's CS!

bfisher
01-24-2013, 06:36 PM

Use a black felt marker.

daiwateampenn
01-24-2013, 06:47 PM
I just got my reply from Joel too.

Martin Archery is awesome.