PDA

View Full Version : My Némésis 2012 and problems with Killer Vane 4"

Bauer.40
01-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Hello !
I live in France and I received in Christmas a Rytera Nemesis 2012 the last in Europe (specially imported for me) it was so nice, I love this bow! But I have a problem with my arrows X7 with Killer Vanes 4", they touch my control cable. But my others arrows, a Victory VAP with Xvanes 1.75 have no problems. My arrow rest was at 1" of the riser and at 55 yards with my VAP they're no problem! what's the problem with the X7 and the Killer Vanes 4", he's not possible to shoot this arrows with this bow?
Thank you for your answers and excuse I for my English.
with my VAP it's good but I want to shoot X7 indoor!!!
Excuse me for the size of photos.

wscywabbit
01-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Can you index your nock slightly so that your fletchings just miss the cable and still clear your prong rest?

Bauer.40
01-07-2013, 03:16 PM
It 's possible but the vane touch very little the sprong rest. I test it tomorow and I say if it was good.
They don't affect the fly of the arrow ?

Phantonza
01-08-2013, 01:46 AM
Hello !
I live in France and I received in Christmas a Rytera Nemesis 2012 the last in Europe (specially imported for me) it was so nice, I love this bow! But I have a problem with my arrows X7 with Killer Vanes 4", they touch my control cable. But my others arrows, a Victory VAP with Xvanes 1.75 have no problems. My arrow rest was at 1" of the riser and at 55 yards with my VAP they're no problem! what's the problem with the X7 and the Killer Vanes 4", he's not possible to shoot this arrows with this bow?
Thank you for your answers and excuse I for my English.
Excuse me for the size of photos.

Congrats for the bow! I think my Nemesis was also one of the last ones in Europe - it was the last of Bogensportwelt's stock, anyway. I bought it before Christmas.

I am a little confused about your problem. I use Bohning Blazer vanes with the height of 0.568" and I have plenty of extra vane clearance with the Nemesis. The Killer Vanes you use have a lower profile of only 0.5", but on the other hand, I suppose you use a much thicker arrow. Still, I wouldn't expect to see so little (or lack of) clearance.

Is it correct that it is not a drop-away rest you are using but something like this: http://www.newarchery.com/products/arrowrest/quiktune-800-73/ ? Shouldn't you have the cock vane down, not up with that arrow rest? This would give you some more clearance and also better clearance with the arrow rest.

Does the bow have severe cam lean? This could bring the string closer to the cables. My Nemesis has some, but it does not seem to cause any trouble.

One option would be changing the cable slide to a model that takes the cables farther aside, such as this model:
http://martinarchery.shptron.com/p/cable-slide

At least I think the grooves for the cables are close to the rod in that. I can confirm this later today.

Bauer.40
01-08-2013, 06:30 AM
Congrats for the bow! I think my Nemesis was also one of the last ones in Europe - it was the last of Bogensportwelt's stock, anyway. I bought it before Christmas.

I am a little confused about your problem. I use Bohning Blazer vanes with the height of 0.568" and I have plenty of extra vane clearance with the Nemesis. The Killer Vanes you use have a lower profile of only 0.5", but on the other hand, I suppose you use a much thicker arrow. Still, I wouldn't expect to see so little (or lack of) clearance.

Is it correct that it is not a drop-away rest you are using but something like this: http://www.newarchery.com/products/arrowrest/quiktune-800-73/ ? Shouldn't you have the cock vane down, not up with that arrow rest? This would give you some more clearance and also better clearance with the arrow rest.

Does the bow have severe cam lean? This could bring the string closer to the cables. My Nemesis has some, but it does not seem to cause any trouble.

One option would be changing the cable slide to a model that takes the cables farther aside, such as this model:

At least I think the grooves for the cables are close to the rod in that. I can confirm this later today.

Thank you for your answer.
My rest is a Trophy Taker SS2 and it's not possible to take down the cock vane!! The bow have not severe cam lean, it was ok.
For they arrows, my Victory are so good with Xvane 1.75" and the X7 2315 are so big !!! but changing the cable slide to a model that takes the cables farther aside it's good idea!!!
thank!!!

Phantonza
01-08-2013, 11:54 AM

I checked this and you would get about 2 mm (or 1/10") more vane clearance with the cable slide model I linked.

EDIT (for some reason, I didn't see your response when I first wrote this)

My rest is a Trophy Taker SS2 and it's not possible to take down the cock vane!!

OK, it's different than I thought then.

archerdad
01-08-2013, 02:16 PM
those x7 are considerably bigger than the VAPS so that alone will cause clearance issues for you. if you could turn the nock so that the white vane is perpindicular to the riser i think as long as it will work with your rest you should gain all the clearance you need

Bauer.40
01-08-2013, 03:04 PM
The problem is solved, I just turned the nock of 1 ° and it's so good!!! thank

archerdad
01-08-2013, 04:30 PM
terriffic! great shooting!

typically8
01-08-2013, 10:03 PM
You should post you target pins on the diy forum. Those are great!!

Bauer.40
01-09-2013, 02:31 AM
You should post you target pins on the diy forum. Those are great!!

I'm not great, the Nemesis 2012 is very great!!!