PDA

View Full Version : new nemesis and alien video from the ATA show

archerdad
01-07-2013, 09:53 PM
short but sweet... outstanding looking bow great features and now a one pice riser. i love how it is supposed to be more wuiet with the quad limbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EuIWwepAvk&feature=player_embedded

andy_camping
01-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Wow, now if they only where $500.00 instead of $800.

droppixel
01-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Wow, now if they only where $500.00 instead of $800.

No kiddin'! Really taking a stronger liking to the Nemesis now that I've seen a few video of it. Wasn't as big a fan from the catalog photos.

Phantonza
01-11-2013, 01:19 AM
No kiddin'! Really taking a stronger liking to the Nemesis now that I've seen a few video of it. Wasn't as big a fan from the catalog photos.

From a purely visual perspective, I still prefer the old, eccentric Nemesis. That's why I had to buy one while it was still available ;)

buckhunt
01-11-2013, 12:05 PM
I agree with Phantonza. Last years model was much more curveilinear. Just look at the bridge in this years, it is much flatter. Im sure this years shoots fine. Just, aesthetically speaking, I like the 2012. Would like to know how the split limb preforms though.

WestMichiganBowhunter
01-11-2013, 02:44 PM
alien is sweet !!!!!

I thought there would be more videos of more martin models and some shooting as well.

andy_camping
01-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Yeah, where's the video footage of guys shooting the new Martins? I been waiting and haven't see a thing?

Phantonza
01-15-2013, 05:32 AM
Yeah, where's the video footage of guys shooting the new Martins? I been waiting and haven't see a thing?

Here's one by Ike's Outdoors:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OJEI2XCWCE

droppixel
01-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Here's one by Ike's Outdoors:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OJEI2XCWCE

Was wondering what the buzz was on the first shots of the Nemesis. The module being a little loose makes sense. I liked the second round of testing, but it is really hard to get a good feel because Ike has a shorter draw length. Would think they could adjust the modules for the lengths, but then would need to adjust the draw stops. I think a little pre-planning could make that possible by making markings on the cams for where the stops would need to be positioned for each DL setting they would offer. Only takes a few minutes to make those changes.

wscywabbit
01-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Very nice. It's too bad they had those technical difficulties with Ike. You would think that with all the people at the ATA, and people shooting different bows, they would have had those issues resolved before it went on camera. I'm glad they were able to fix them before he left their booth, but still...

Is it just me, or is this years' Alien just one sexy damn bow? ;)

droppixel
01-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Very nice. It's too bad they had those technical difficulties with Ike. You would think that with all the people at the ATA, and people shooting different bows, they would have had those issues resolved before it went on camera. I'm glad they were able to fix them before he left their booth, but still...

Is it just me, or is this years' Alien just one sexy damn bow? ;)

The Alien would be one I'd definitely look at if I knew if the grip was modified to match the grips on the 2011/2012 line. That was the only real complaint I had about the 2010 AX I had. Grip just didn't feel quite right.

wscywabbit
01-15-2013, 02:51 PM
I understand that DP. The saddleback grip wasnt' introduced until 2011, and as far as I can tell, the only compound this year that doesn't have it is the Threshold....

Does that help? I'm always up for helping someone feed their archery addiction! :D

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-15-2013, 03:16 PM
I understand that DP. The saddleback grip wasnt' introduced until 2011, and as far as I can tell, the only compound this year that doesn't have it is the Threshold....

Does that help? I'm always up for helping someone feed their archery addiction! :D
Shame on you helping addicts!:rolleyes:

Hutch:cool:

droppixel
01-15-2013, 06:40 PM

Not necessarily the just the saddleback, more the profile I guess. The grip on the Bengal is slimmer/rounded than the Alien was. Just feels completely natural when you have it in your hand. Significant difference/improvement from the 2007 Cheetah ...