PDA

View Full Version : 1st Post...about time!

Ankhdad
01-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Well, after many months of researching the huge amount of info out there on bows, arrows, releases, bow packages, cases, buying local vs buying US-yes, my eye twitch almost became a full facial twitch-I am PROUD to say that I am the owner of a new 2013 60# Bengal Pro in Skulz!! Bought through my local dealer, who has been very patient!

The forums here on Martin and over at AT have been an neverending well of info. I cannot say enough, aside from Thank you!

I'm from Thunder Bay, On Canada. It has been about 13 years since I held a bow and man have things changed. My 13 yr old son is along for this ride as well. (his bow is also a Bengal Pro). Our bows are being fitted with their accessories and tuned. We are hoping to break them in this week end at which point I will start working on Post #2..lol.

Keith

TEN RING
01-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Welcome to the forum keith I'm sure you and your son will have lots of fun brakeing in the new bows

Durandal
01-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Welcome to the forum my fellow CDN. Enjoy the new Rig, I still haven't come down from the high my Scepter gave me :)!

Double S
01-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Welcome to the forum Keith!. Congrats on the bow purchases!.

Mike G
01-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Welcome to the forum Kieth.

I've only been here as a member for a short time myself and yeah... what a wealth of info!!!

The guys here are great!

Keep us informed on how you like the bows, how they shoot for you, good or bad. Any and all input is welcomed. Also how did you have the two Bengals outfitted, sights, rests and the works.

Mike

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-08-2013, 03:56 PM
Welcome to the forum Keith! Great to see you aboard. Have to say the bow you picked is a great bow.

Hutch:cool:

gravedigger
01-08-2013, 04:06 PM
welcome to the MTF.the bengals are taking over:D

bfisher
01-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Welcome to the forums, Keith. I see it took you a while to post!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding.

Barry

Arrow Splitter
01-08-2013, 08:01 PM
Welcome to the Martin Tech Forum, and congrats on the new bow!:cool:

A.S

typically8
01-08-2013, 09:56 PM
A big Howdy to Keith and hello to his kitty.

Tosi
01-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Welcome! Need some Pics..........

elkslayer4x5
01-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Welcome to the site, glad that you joined us here! :) What a way to get back into archery, with the purchase of two Bengals. Great bow, has been a solid preformer ever since it's introduction, and seems to get better as the model years go by! I might be tempted to join the ranks of Bengal owners if I did'nt already have Martin's best bow!! ( for me, that is ) :D

wscywabbit
01-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the forum! I have a friend with a '12 Bengal and he LOVES it! I'm sure you will too. :)

However, FYI, any post claiming to have new bows is not recognized as complete and factual without pics... ;)

J/K (kinda) CONGRATS ON THE NEW BOWS!

Arrow Splitter
01-09-2013, 04:35 PM
However, FYI, any post claiming to have new bows is not recognized as complete and factual without pics... ;)

Seconded. :p:D

Ankhdad
01-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Thanks everyone for the Welcome!
I've got my Bow, looks GREAT! Pics to follow! *thanks for heads up wscywabbit
I'm finally off work for a couple days so I can get out and fine tune my sight etc....however...it's RAINING out...in Thunder Bay..in January??? How's that global warming.
I'm tempted to head out anyways, fresh air will do me some good.

will keep you posted

ps bow is set at 44 lbs, and I'm using GT Velocity 400 arrows with 100 gr field points

thanks again!!
Keith