PDA

View Full Version : Pro staff???

SJunior
01-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Anyone know who's left on Martin's staff? With Terhune shooting OK Archery and just saw Gary Studt is now with Prime.

Just curious who's left.

archerdad
01-08-2013, 10:24 PM
have no idea anymore

coastie hunter
01-14-2013, 07:38 PM
I don't think very many shooters. they lost some good guys hard to get feed back when you dont have a pro staff

CarlosII
01-15-2013, 05:18 PM
that's too bad. a long tradition of quality pro staff members looks as if it will be broken.

60X
01-27-2013, 07:26 AM
It's a shame that their pro staff is pretty much a thing of the past. Look back 10-20 years ago and martin had the best shooters in the world.

typically8
01-27-2013, 12:32 PM
It's a shame that their pro staff is pretty much a thing of the past. Look back 10-20 years ago and martin had the best shooters in the world.
Dude....they still do. US!!:cool:

Arrow Splitter
01-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Dude....they still do. US!!:cool:
LOL!! :D I'm a basement champion!!

A.S

Chip
01-28-2013, 04:27 AM
To be honest I have never been influenced by what pro is shooting what brand of bow. I truly feel that the pros can win with just about any bow they choose. I am more of a performance for dollar value type of person. To me success in the field comes from putting the time in scouting and practice. I'll be honest when a deer is coming into my shooting lanes I am a ball of nerves, but once my eye gets lined in the peep I tend to concentrate on fundamentals and settle in. Sorry for the short rant about shooting in the field, but I truly feel repetitive practice is far more important then who shoot what for target or hunting.

SJunior
01-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Not what I asked Chip.

A companies pro staff is a big part of marketing. You may think it is not important but it is, it puts the product in front of a wide range of people in turn peaks the interest of possible customers. The podium does that.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-28-2013, 07:05 PM
Not what I asked Chip.

A companies pro staff is a big part of marketing. You may think it is not important but it is, it puts the product in front of a wide range of people in turn peaks the interest of possible customers. The podium does that.

Exactly, one of the best ways do get your product noticed!

Hutch:cool:

CarlosII
02-02-2013, 06:26 AM
I'm down here at the Florida Pro Am...I'm shooting my Scepter V...looking around I feel like the bastard child at the family reunion...a few Ryteras but haven't seen another Martin...sad.

Sonny Thomas
02-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Well, Carlos, if you were at the shop there'd be two Martins ;)

So how are you doing? Hope you're holding own at least.

Heads up here. I entered the Presley's First Annual Indoor 3D. After the first Qualifier with 31 in class and I'm sitting in 6th place. Mercy! Two more Qualifiers, the Final to determine those that go to the Shoot Off for Champion.

alex
02-03-2013, 02:50 PM
A little off topic, but great to see you here again, Sonny!

Sonny Thomas
02-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Thanks, Alex.

CarlosII
02-03-2013, 07:22 PM
i did finally see another Martin...in fact it was a red Scepter.

CarlosII
03-15-2013, 05:44 PM
is Shawn Hatem still the pro staff coordinator?

macflash
03-15-2013, 07:06 PM
LOL, gee wiz bill, can I be one of your pro staff ??:p
oh wait you want them to come to you .. not run away:o
( That was so your kid won't say it LOL)
Yeah the only ones I see anywhere are older pics of the past, even the Nuge is keepin pretty quite on them.
Last thing I read was from 2009 when Laura was a pro staff shooter and shawn became coordinator

SJunior
03-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Heard Shawn is no longer with Martin.

CarlosII
04-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Heard Shawn is no longer with Martin.

i contacted Shawn and you're right, he is not longer the coordinator for Martin.

maybe there isn't a coordinator anymore...any applicants?

Sonny Thomas
04-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Carlos, I doubt any sponsored shooters at this time or applications being handed out.
I can remember Martin (I ain't sayin' how long ago) being at the top of the heap for world wins.

Of Martin shooters;
I can remember young Sally Wunderle being 17 times US Women's Champion (what organization and event I don't remember). Last I heard of her, 3 or 4 years ago, she had shoulder problems. I haven't heard of her doing anything of late, but I don't do NFAA events anymore. And I know of Vic Wunderle, but he shoots them things that don't have wheels. Rumor was that Sally was better than Vic. I still have a Vic Wunderle pencil (still unsharpened) from a benefit for his first go at the Olympics. Expensive pencil, but well worth it.

I met John Wheeler at Metro (and you ;) ) in 2010. He went on to set a new record at Vegas the following year. I don't think he did much after and then went Mathews.

Gary Studt I don't remember at all....

Of Illinois, I've known a few Martin Staff shooters. I know only one that shot a lot of Illinois state ASA events. Self sponsored, I did as well as any of them and probably better, but due to being of age to get the job done, Super Senior ;).