PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to the world indoor championship

TEN RING
01-13-2013, 10:49 AM
The ibo world champiomships start this coming weekend is anybody going?
They are a lot of fun you should try to do one once in your life time. for me I have not shot competively In 10 years I burn my self out

WildWilt15
01-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Just went to my qualifier Saturday and another one next weekend I already qualified but love to shoot just for fun you can't beat indoor 3d.. well unless its outdoor lol.

minnie
01-14-2013, 10:42 PM
i'm not familiar with indoor 3d, so could somebody please answer a few questions for me

suppose if its indoor that it is shot inside a big shed.

are the targets standard mckenzie/rinehart 3d animal targets? or paper? (what size)

how many targets?

how is it scored? using the 12 and 11 as well as the standard 10 8 5.

is it all marked or unmarked?

i have seen photos of indoor 3d ranges with steps and trees and platforms and rocks etc, where the 3d animal targets are used. is it like that?

there is word that we will have our first 3d australian (3DAAA) indoor nationals later in the year, but it is paper (?delta?) target rather than what we're used to for outdoor. the targets are coloured and look like the insert of a rhinehart with a bit more 5 zone surroundings visible. the only indoor i've done is the 18 metre (20y) 60 arrow round at an IFAA/FITA target.(score 5 with an x to 1),

hope somebody can reply with a few answers

and best wishes and good shooting to those competing

TEN RING
01-15-2013, 05:03 AM
i'm not familiar with indoor 3d, so could somebody please answer a few questions for me

suppose if its indoor that it is shot inside a big shed.

are the targets standard mckenzie/rinehart 3d animal targets? or paper? (what size)

how many targets?

how is it scored? using the 12 and 11 as well as the standard 10 8 5.

is it all marked or unmarked?

i have seen photos of indoor 3d ranges with steps and trees and platforms and rocks etc, where the 3d animal targets are used. is it like that?

there is word that we will have our first 3d australian (3DAAA) indoor nationals later in the year, but it is paper (?delta?) target rather than what we're used to for outdoor. the targets are coloured and look like the insert of a rhinehart with a bit more 5 zone surroundings visible. the only indoor i've done is the 18 metre (20y) 60 arrow round at an IFAA/FITA target.(score 5 with an x to 1),

hope somebody can reply with a few answers

and best wishes and good shooting to those competing

The targets are 3d scoreing is 11 10 8 5, one arrow per target It is one long line with numbered boxes that you shoot out of no steps there are trees and rocks differant color number tag for differant classes, It is inside a big expo they have a ferrus wheel inside to ride the place is huge