PDA

View Full Version : What does it mean when I read Peep training/tuning?

Ankhdad
01-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Just got my new bow (2013 Bengal Pro-Hammerhead strings, 29"dl, 44 lb draw, Fletcher finger release and peep) and I've noticed that the peep sight doesn't always line up at full draw. I've been nocking my arrow and then giving the peep a quick twist with my fingers which brings it back in line for next few arrows.
Is this normal with a newly inserted peep? Or is there some kind of peep training/tuning I should be doing?

thanks, Keith

wscywabbit
01-13-2013, 02:16 PM
Yep this is completely normal, and after a short while the peep will be "trained" and you won't have to do it anymore.

Ankhdad
01-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Good to know..thanks...now I can get back to finally posting some pics on here...

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Mainly if the string is built properly you will not have any movement in the peep after you have shot it for a while and the string is settled. Once the string is settled you should be able to to take the string and twist it so the peep is straight back at rest, and when you draw it back it should stay it line all the way. That is how you know if the string is built properly.

Hutch:cool:

bob cooly
01-13-2013, 07:06 PM
The best thing you can do is have Hutch build you a set of strings and then keep your old ones for a backup set.

Ankhdad
01-14-2013, 05:54 PM
lol...yes, I have Hutch's Bow string post marked for future use

will see if the peep comes around on its own the couple weeks though