PDA

View Full Version : shot vs. cabela's brawl sunday..... sunday..SUNDAY!!!

typically8
01-19-2013, 01:56 PM
Just read from Cabela's. Fb post they have pulled out as sponsors for the eastern outdoor show. Wonder what that was all about?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-19-2013, 08:11 PM
? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Hutch:cool:

Double S
01-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Is that the Eastern shot show?. It's because the promoter doesn't want Assault type weapons at the show or advertising those type of Weapons at their show. A crap load of sponsors have backed out. I applaud them all.

http://lancasteronline.com/article/local/803576_Assault-weapons-banned-at-Eastern-Sports-show-in-Harrisburg.html

typically8
01-19-2013, 10:19 PM
Eastern sports and outdoors show. I went back to verify. Thanks super mod.

bfisher
01-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Eastern sports and outdoors show. I went back to verify. Thanks super mod.

that show is less than 10 miles from my house and because of their stupid decision they won't be seeing any of my money either. Speak with your money gentlemen.

Ehunter
01-20-2013, 06:29 PM
AMEN Barry! Gotta hit where it hurts, the pocketbook.

bfisher
01-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Everybody keep updated. The list of vendors pulling out is over 100 now and growing. I estimate that the archery arena will be virtually empty---half full at best. I wish I knew how to post links to the list. There are several threads on Archery Talk about it.

SJunior
01-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Didn't see Martin Archery on the list, sure hope they aren't planning on going.

Rootsy
01-22-2013, 05:52 PM
I hope the only sound in the building is crickets... Stand united or fall divided. If Martin plans to attend I hope they seriously reconsider. Matthews, Hoyt, Pse are already on the list of vendors boycotting.

wscywabbit
01-22-2013, 06:37 PM
:D Gotta love the power of protest. Especially when it involves the possible infringement of our rights. Kudos to all that pull out of the show; I hope Washington notices....

bfisher
01-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Didn't see Martin Archery on the list, sure hope they aren't planning on going.

Martin and a lot of the archery manufacturers have never had a major presence at the show. Believe me. If Martin had a booth there I would have been working it for the last 8 years. One I do know of and don't see on the list is Muzzy.

I am of the hopes that this protest by manufacturers, dealers, and others snowballs tp a point that about 500,000 or more of the public stay home. Maybe hit these stupid liberals in the pocket book so hard they have no choice but to emend their ways or starve. Another big shame is all the income that will be lost by other entities such as restaurants and motel/hotels in the area. This sports show is a big money maker for the local economy while drawing about 1 million people over it's 9 days.