PDA

View Full Version : Sight

Chip
01-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Well, I have been thinking of getting a new sight for my Nemesis. The one I have been eyeballing is a Viper Predator Pro. It appears to have allot of quality features for the price and looks like it can increase my sight radius from my current Punisher 5 pin. Anyone shooting one of these and have any good or bad input?

Chip
01-19-2013, 04:57 PM
This is the exact model I am looking at. It seems they have a series of Predator sight.

http://www.viperarcheryproducts.com/pmt.html

daiwateampenn
01-25-2013, 12:53 AM
Good looking sight.

well i cant comment anthing on this sight, coz i never put my hand on it.

But i sure it will serve your purpose, and the sight has a lot of features too.

Im sure its a great sight.

Chip
01-25-2013, 04:29 AM
Thank you for the input, the closes thing I have seen here locally is a Spot Hog Hog It sight. The Spot Hog is over 200 dollars and the Viper is 119 dollars and seems to have a great deal of features for the price. I like the fact that it has stainless steel pins, CNC aluminum construction, and a quiver mount. I think I am going to order it next week. I'll let you know what I think of it. I hope we get out of single digit temps so I can stay at least a little warm to shoot with it.

Ehunter
01-25-2013, 04:40 AM
Chip, I had an Extreme sight that mounted just like that one. I didn't care for it at all. The lockdown knob for the extension control was too close to the quiver mounting holes to mount the quiver I wanted. It was a very nice sight though. You might think about replacing the knob with a set screw once you have it all set up and to your liking. (Something I didn't think of until AFTER I sold the sight) They are very nice, bright sights. One of the best fixed sights I have used, other than the mentioned knob.

Chip
01-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Chip, I had an Extreme sight that mounted just like that one. I didn't care for it at all. The lockdown knob for the extension control was too close to the quiver mounting holes to mount the quiver I wanted. It was a very nice sight though. You might think about replacing the knob with a set screw once you have it all set up and to your liking. (Something I didn't think of until AFTER I sold the sight) They are very nice, bright sights. One of the best fixed sights I have used, other than the mentioned knob.

Thank you Ehunter, I truly was thinking about that from looking at the picture. My thought was spacer extensions if needed, but I like your idea much better. A couple bucks at the hardware store and everything would still look nice and tight. I can't wait to get this thing in hand, I am going to put my Trophy Ridge on my Threshold, I think that would be a nice upgrade for my back up bow.

typically8
01-25-2013, 10:43 PM
I like that sight, they have it in pink too. The link you posted had a $170 tag. Did you find it for less? I hope you get it.

Chip
01-26-2013, 04:48 AM
Hi typically8, 4-D Archery has it foe 119.99. They have it in pink, but it is 25 dollars more for pink and camo.

Lukeiio
02-06-2013, 12:54 AM
i had this exact viper sight and i didnt really like it. i wanted to have .10 pins which the viper had, but i had troubles adjusting the sight and tuning it..

i sold the viper and got me a TROPHY RIDGE V5 MICRO which is a really cool sight, very precise adjustments are possible im totally pleased with it!! for hunting-only i would recommend the V3 though, the pins are more centered with the V3 which makes aiming at close targets (first/ second pin) easier and who needs 5 pins for hunting?? for 3d bowhunter unlimited shooters this sight is very nice, even with the .19 pins!

joshclark
02-06-2013, 04:51 PM
used to have exterme sight and dont like it and bought a HHA sight last year and love it and just put HHA on my new phantoms x4

Chip
02-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Sight came in the mail yesterday, I have it mounted on the Nemesis. My initial thoughts are, this is a solid built sight with that being said I think there are some pros and cons. I have not been able to shoot with it yet so I hope I don't encounter the aforementioned tuning problems, if I do I will bring that up when I get out to sight it in. I will start with the cons, The use of stickers rather then laser etched graduation marks, Stickers on the vibration dampening module, would be better with no stickers at all, and the dovetail set knob will certainly leave a mark on the sight arm. The pros, nicely machined no tool marks, black finish is good, nice bright pins, everything seems to tighten up very solid (I will have to see if this holds true under use), and the option to add optics for target shooting is a nice feature as well. Bottom line for me if this sight does not have problems under use then I will definitely be keeping it. This sight is by far and away the nicest sight I have ever owned in terms of build quality, so I hope it performs as good as it looks.

Chip
02-07-2013, 11:47 AM
I just spent about 45 min. in the back yard and have the 20 yard pin set. In conclusion I like this sight, stayed solid no vibration or anything working loose. As a note my quiver did not need any modification to work with this sight, your mileage may very.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy25/ctundra46/IMGP2102_zps6a205660.jpg

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy25/ctundra46/IMGP2101_zpsf6f75e71.jpg

Ehunter
02-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Glad to hear it worked out for you Chip. Looks great on your bow!

bob cooly
02-07-2013, 01:05 PM
I really like the holes in the shed;)