PDA

View Full Version : Martin Lynx Magnum with too much pull

MuGGzy
01-21-2013, 04:53 PM
I made an admittedly impulse buy of a Martin Lynx Magnum recently, it was the right size and draw length for my daughter and I naively figured I could turn down the draw weight.
Well it is still way up there in what feels like 60+ and I am afraid of backing the limb screws out too far and hurting her or myself.

Is there any route to either lighten this or find new limbs with a lower weight? Or am I going to be better off just selling it and looking (more carefully) for a bow that is more fitting for her?

bfisher
01-21-2013, 05:07 PM
I would suggest selling the bow. Then, before you buy again take your daughter to a local proshop and get her measured to see what draw length she should shoot and approximately what draw weight she can handle. Then look for a new or used bow that has adequate adjustments to accomodate her as she grows in the next few years.

There are lots of bows that can be bought for a few hundred dollars that would fit her needs, but the quickest way to discourage her is to have equipment that doesn't fit or she can't adequately handle. Nothing will drive a new shooter from the sport quicker.

Get hands-on help from a local proshop.