PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered an Alien XT

shotgunron
01-21-2013, 06:38 PM
:D After spending a lot of time shooting and researching bows, I decided on the AlienXT package from Hunters Friend. Should be here in a few days. Any advice on anything to watch for when I start attacking my backyard target when it gets here:confused:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
01-21-2013, 06:42 PM
Well Congrats! as far as advice wear a bib! With that bow your going to need it! The drool will get intense with every shot. Just kidding with ya. But you got a good bow. Have fun with it!

Hutch:cool:

wscywabbit
01-21-2013, 07:22 PM
You will LOVE IT! Make sure to come back and post pictures when you get it! ;)

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

Double S
01-21-2013, 08:52 PM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bow purchase.

Phantonza
01-22-2013, 03:53 AM
:D After spending a lot of time shooting and researching bows, I decided on the AlienXT package from Hunters Friend. Should be here in a few days. Any advice on anything to watch for when I start attacking my backyard target when it gets here:confused:

Good decision. I have Onza 3 which is technically the same bow. I had a Hoyt CRX before and I like the Onza 3 much better, mainly because of the much nicer cam behaviour.

There is one thing, though: the draw module groove inner edges are 90 degrees and too sharp. You should file those edges round, otherwise they will start eating your cables. This is relatively easy, since you will not need a bow press to remove and reinstall those modules. An allen wrench is enough.

shotgunron
01-26-2013, 06:27 PM
Good decision. I have Onza 3 which is technically the same bow. I had a Hoyt CRX before and I like the Onza 3 much better, mainly because of the much nicer cam behaviour.

There is one thing, though: the draw module groove inner edges are 90 degrees and too sharp. You should file those edges round, otherwise they will start eating your cables. This is relatively easy, since you will not need a bow press to remove and reinstall those modules. An allen wrench is enough.

Thanks Phantonza, I will address the problem very quickly..

Lab Rat
01-26-2013, 07:42 PM
Buy extra nocks, you will need them!

shotgunron
01-30-2013, 06:51 PM
Well it arrived on Monday, I only got to shoot about six times but oh my God this thing is wonderful. More later...Ron:D

wscywabbit
01-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Well it arrived on Monday, I only got to shoot about six times but oh my God this thing is wonderful. More later...Ron:D

Careful it's an addictive bow... :)

Phantonza
01-31-2013, 07:35 AM
I suppose the bow has string silencers readily installed? If not, I recommend installing silencers such as Bowjax Slijax close to cams where the serving ends. They make a big difference without sacrificing speed (I have measurement data of it).

droppixel
01-31-2013, 08:16 AM
Pictures or it never happened :p

wscywabbit
01-31-2013, 09:08 AM

Oh ya, that too ^^^^ :cool:

Arrow Splitter
01-31-2013, 07:44 PM

x3 We need 2013 Martin pictures on here!!!

A.S

shotgunron
02-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Pictures very soon with a review...:cool:

Arrow Splitter
02-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Pictures very soon with a review...:cool:

C'mon, hurry up already! LOL:p