PDA

View Full Version : New! Firecat "Through A 2X4" ~Pix~

rick308
01-31-2008, 04:40 PM
Well first the shot through the 2x4 was because the bow was not sighted in we pulled a sight off another bow and put it on the firecat I should have shot a middle target I chose to shoot at a left outside edge target the result was the arrow through the paper tuner.

Just sighting in the bow at 15 yards but a real nice group out the box. I just thought I would throw this up for anyone looking at or thinking about a Firecat. This bow is not forgiving I picked up a Tomkat from Bowtech out the bow I shot tight groups better than this however the tomkat is harder to draw than the Firecat with the speed mods installed so what do we know well real simple the firecat has an aggressive draw more powerfull than the tomkat, about the same price as the tomkat and easier to draw. The speed mods made the bow at 70lbs a motha! to draw back the firecat at 70lbs was easier to draw and it's faster wow!

Everyone told me not to buy a Martin and though I think they could spend a little more effort on looks and finish other than that the bow can hang with the best of them. It's super fast and I enjoy shooting it you can't go wrong.

First and second Picture: I shot through a 2x4 on the paper tuner totally by accident however they say a picture is worth a thousand words I say the PSE bs video through ballistics gel has nothing on this picture.

Thirds Picture: This is a group at 15 yards sighting in the bow

Fourth Picture: IBO at 70lbs

LeEarl
02-01-2008, 12:00 AM
That is SWEET..... Nice group and I know what you mean about the Firecat.. I love mine :D

rick308
02-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Thanks ..

My shoulders, arms and back are all barking at me ... I took two days off from shooting and still I'm hurting. I would have to say this bow is Amazing! like I said I was able to shoot great groups out the box on a Tomkat and the Martin is less forgiving but woo woo this bow is screaming and for the money ;-) if I have any complaint and it's what I see as a trade off but martin doesn't put the Quality Control as other companies to prevent blemishes etc. No complaints I love the loud thump sound it makes every time it hits the target!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Archery Ham
02-03-2008, 08:37 PM
What about the 2x4 near the nock? Did the arrow go though that one also or did it miss it?

Kevin

rick308
04-02-2008, 08:24 PM
What about the 2x4 near the nock? Did the arrow go though that one also or did it miss it?

Kevin

No it missed the first 2X4 and hit the second it was at an angle.

NathGA
06-22-2008, 08:25 PM
I would have to agree... NICE!