PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Nemises making loud ting noise after arrow is released

Jamie73
01-31-2013, 08:32 PM
I have this problem with a loud noise! At end of release a loud ting! Modular or limb?
Everything is tight, tuned and running well except this loud ting! Driving me nuts!
I took it to league shot and all 10 guys noticed it! So it's not me and its loud! Loud enough to not take it into the woods were it was intended for next season!
And concerns it has a cracked limb or bad cam!
Any suggestions?

gravedigger
02-01-2013, 09:27 AM
E-clips or the nylon thin spacers.i had to put new thin spacers in from so much shooting they wore down to nothing.and also the E-clips made so much noise.i just rubbed some wax on the clips and they got quiet.

and a big welcome to the martin tech forum

bowgramp59
02-01-2013, 05:52 PM
what kind of arrow rest do you have on the bow?

Jamie73
02-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Nap hd pro! I took everything off one by one to narrow it down! Were can I get the rings and e-ckips!
Thanks

gravedigger
02-02-2013, 02:21 PM
any hard ware store should stock the E-clips and nylon washers.i had to replace the nylon washers and went ahead and replaced the E-clips as well.all bought from ACE.

Jamie73
02-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Are you talking about the clips on cam axel's on the out side limbs! and washers on inside cams? What do they look like if you have any picks of them it would be awsome or explain we're there located so I can replace them?
Thanks again!

gravedigger
02-02-2013, 03:26 PM
i will see if i can find some pics.

gravedigger
02-02-2013, 03:42 PM
i will have to post pics monday if someone has not allready.my funeral is over and family is leaving so i have to go lower,take down my set up and back fill.sorry

Jamie73
02-02-2013, 06:18 PM
No problem I truly appreciate it!

ks_coh
02-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Have you checked to make sure your modules screws are tight? They can make the same ting sound if not tight.

Jamie73
02-15-2013, 09:44 PM
I did! Come to find out it was the spring stop screw! It is to long so it scrapes modular on release! So I modified it by rounding and flaten the end true my belt sand and work flawlessly!

elkslayer4x5
02-16-2013, 09:13 AM
Have you checked to make sure your modules screws are tight? They can make the same ting sound if not tight.

I did! Come to find out it was the spring stop screw! It is to long so it scrapes modular on release! So I modified it by rounding and flaten the end true my belt sand and work flawlessly!

Glad that you found the source of that ting.
And I'm also happy to extend my welcome to the forum to you both, glad that you joined us here. :)

gravedigger
02-19-2013, 10:37 AM
wow sorry bud.i 100% spaced finding a posting up the pics i said i would.glad you got it all fixed up.

bowgramp59
02-22-2013, 10:43 AM
i was having the same problem , this has been awhile , it was driving me nuts . i sent it to martin i thought it had a cracked limb they set it back said it was alwright and it was but still had the same ping. i just kept shooting
the bow. one day i let my grandson shoot it so i could listen to it, wasn't as bad as when i shoot it but was still there. took it to my martin dealer and shop, the man has been shooting martins for about 50 years. he and another long time martin shooter both listened they both said it sounded like my quad arrow rest . i think it is the cam but not a 100% sure about that. would like to put a wisker bisquite on the bow & see if it is the rest don't have one. i also have another nemesis a 2011 the other is a 2010 . the 2011 has just a slight ping not enough to worrt about. and the 2010 seems to be getting quiter. to good of shooting bows to get rid of for a little ping .