PDA

View Full Version : True Shot Coach - Training aid

Sonny Thomas
02-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Most that know me know I don't give praise easily,especially for gizmos and gadgets, so; The True Shot Coach is the real deal. So much so I obtained 3 more, 1 in each size for the shop and to take with me to other archery clubs. A coach near me has also invested in the True Shot Coach, calls it the best training aids to come about. I have to agree. I've had people wrap their finger around a double AA battery and empty spools from the cash register to try to teach them to hold a bow. Don't mind someone touching (touch, no pressure) the front the riser with their index finger, but the other 3 fingers need something to do, like keep out of the way.

The Sure Shot Coach is a training aid for hand placement to the riser grip. I thought it a good enough device to check out and got one. Maybe not magic, but close enough for new archers, or old archers for that matter, to learn proper hand placement. Proper hand placement aids across the archery board, removes torque, tighten groups close and far and of course increases distance for hunting. The True Shot fits on your hand (adjustable elastic band), can be used to train with or leave on for whatever archery wanted, target or hunting. Once confident without it you can store it and use for a refresher course or loan or sell to some one who needs help. Relative inexpensive if compared to some of the anti-torque grips on the market and no gluing or drilling the riser. The cost is $16.90.
www.dontchokearchery.com

That's my big mitt in 1st and 3rd pic - Yep, I take a large.

gravedigger
02-02-2013, 02:17 PM
now them are the hands of working man.dont see mits like that too much these days.

i have been looking at the coach but doubted that it would really work.once again sonny
top notch info from a real world archer.and thank for the review

Double S
02-02-2013, 05:38 PM
I've never read a bad post about this product. I might give it a go and buy one.

Sonny Thomas
02-03-2013, 08:25 AM
now them are the hands of working man.dont see mits like that too much these days.

i have been looking at the coach but doubted that it would really work.once again sonny
top notch info from a real world archer.and thank for the review

My hands have seen better days. 1st pic, note scar pointing down, sleeve at bottom center. That one went halfway through my hand. The wrist bone socket is no longer there. Can't see scar where it was taken out. Wrist bone socket is now scar tissue and a gel pack. Takes both pics to see my thumb sets back almost twice that of my right hand. Right now there, but it's had it's problems. Motorcycle racing, flipped, hand caught between me and the race track. It got ouched good, swelled to about twice it's normal size. And then my temper got the best of me. Installed cabinets for my 5 foot tall wife. About 18 times cracking my head on them dang things and WHAM! Yep, taught them dang cabinets....Broke hand, wouldn't set, surgery and pins held things together for 10 weeks. Carried them pins in my billfold for a long time as a reminder...

Thanks, digger, for the complement. I try to be straight forward. So many archery products out there today and most can be labeled gizmos and gadgets or something that shouldn't have reached the market that catch the eye of the unknowing and there goes hard earned dollars.