PDA

View Full Version : the eyes have lost

typically8
02-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Ok, so I was reading a new archery book....blah, blah, long story short. I was doing the predominant eye test and have discovered that my predominant eye has changed from my strong right eye to my weak left eye. I shoot with both eyes open and release with my right hand. I don't have any real problems. Has anyone one heard of this?

wscywabbit
02-03-2013, 10:21 PM
Yes, actually it is common for the dominant eye to switch to the "better" eye if something were to happen. You can actually test it out on yourself, do a dominant eye test but "hinder" your regular dominant eye in some way like placing a finger directly in front or looking through something opaque. You can almost feel the "switch".

Sonny Thomas
02-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Don't know how old you are, but it's said that one's eyes sort of equalize. So maybe what you're seeing. Like I'm dominant left eye, but shot a bow right handed so long to the point I don't have a problem.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-05-2013, 01:57 PM
I think his pink accessories are blinding him!!!:p

Hutch:cool:

Arrow Splitter
02-05-2013, 08:27 PM
I think his pink accessories are blinding him!!!:p

Hutch:cool:http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/images/smilies/animated/ROFLMAO.gif

pizzadave
02-05-2013, 09:07 PM
hen I was in my teens I found my eye switched sides. I had been shooting guns and bow since birth and had to rereach myself a new habit. I am right handed and am forced to close my left eye at all times.....

typically8
02-06-2013, 01:16 AM
39 years and counting. Only on rare occasions will the left eye take over. I have to blink hard to refocus. Hutch is sooooooo funny. :p

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-06-2013, 03:25 AM
39 years and counting. Only on rare occasions will the left eye take over. I have to blink hard to refocus. Hutch is sooooooo funny. :p

Well I shouldn't admit this but I have 100 pink blazers.

Hutch:cool:

Oh btw they are my daughters:p

Sonny Thomas
02-06-2013, 07:08 AM
Don't know about these guys with pink this and that. And down in cresting arrows too, some guy has pink vanes. Nearest thing I got pink is one arrow with the Zeon vanes, supposed to be red. ONLY ONE! And used it only for testing. Show up? Glow? Pffft. Wouldn't have them if someone was to give me a truck load.

Arrow Splitter
02-06-2013, 07:18 AM
And used it only for testing. Show up? Glow? Pffft. Wouldn't have them if someone was to give me a truck load.

That, and they don't adhere worth beans.:rolleyes:

A.S

elkslayer4x5
02-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Ok, so I was reading a new archery book....blah, blah, long story short. I was doing the predominant eye test and have discovered that my predominant eye has changed from my strong right eye to my weak left eye. I shoot with both eyes open and release with my right hand. I don't have any real problems. Has anyone one heard of this?

Around age 40, one of life's crueler tricks happens. It called macular degeneration, when your vision "evens" out, both eyes get weaker, and lose their ability to focus. See you optomitrist. :(

typically8
02-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the warning 4x5. What else can I expect to happen at the big 40? Was actually thinking about some laser surgery ($$$). I hate wearing glasses to shoot/hunt. Sonny, you gotta watch out for Hutch, he is always trying to get people to buy pink strings and such. I dunno about that boy sometimes. I even heard he took his bow to Lowes looking for a set of big antlers. :cool:

Sonny Thomas
02-06-2013, 07:01 PM
That, and they don't adhere worth beans.:rolleyes:

A.S

I read where some had trouble getting them to stick. I never had a problem and I shot this one arrow a bunch. Still have it in my test arrow box.