PDA

View Full Version : slide are terrible

joshclark
02-04-2013, 02:46 PM
on my new 2013 phantom, the cable slide dont smoot when i draw the bow so i think need to replace the slide, which one is great ? hyper glide or other ? it one in new when i draw and the slide move like sticky and sqeakor do u have a idea to get this slide smooth by use like lube or other ?

wscywabbit
02-04-2013, 02:56 PM
I use the Hyperglide myself, it is a great product. As for the slide on your new bow, if it is catching or not moving smoothly, perhaps there is something wrong with the cable routing. Make sure that both the up and down portions of the cable are in their proper channels, and not rubbing or touching each other in any way. As for lubing up your cable rod, don't do it; while it may make the guide move smoother, it will gum up with dirt and crap and then you'll have to clean it off anyways.

daiwateampenn
02-04-2013, 06:00 PM
agree with Wabbit,

check the cable route, or check the inside of the slide, make sure its smooth.

Dont grease or oil, very troublesome to clean.

droppixel
02-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Saunders

Tosi
02-05-2013, 06:59 AM
concur Saunders, one of the first things that I replace.

bfisher
02-05-2013, 08:46 AM
You can get an after market slide, but the reason your slide is jerky is because the rod and the inside of the slide need cleaned once in a while. Wipe it down good with some alcohol and a paper towel. Clean the inside of the slide with alcohol and a QTip. No lube is needed although some people use different things like powdered graphite or silicon sprays. No matter what slide you use, it's wise to clean things up periodically.

joshclark
02-05-2013, 01:17 PM
we finally solved the cable noise, the dealer take slide off and look inside and it was rough and unfinished smooth inside, so we replace it put alpine slide in and now my phantoms x4 are ultra smoothest draw and cable so im happy about solve the cable problem

Tosi
02-05-2013, 01:57 PM
we finally solved the cable noise, the dealer take slide off and look inside and it was rough and unfinished smooth inside, so we replace it put alpine slide in and now my phantoms x4 are ultra smoothest draw and cable so im happy about solve the cable problem

Alpine is a good slide "one of the Best", just make sure you ck your vane clerance with the Alpine slide.

joshclark
02-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Alpine is a good slide "one of the Best", just make sure you ck your vane clerance with the Alpine slide.

we have check after we put alpine slide in and with 2 inch blazer it clearance at like 1/4 inch or 3/8 inch but i explect to shot a low prfile fletch this year we'll see

60X
02-06-2013, 10:23 AM
The hyperglides are the way to go. The alpines have alot of users but we don't care for them.

pizzadave
02-08-2013, 12:20 PM
I use a Saunders Hyperglide, and love it. I have a few buddies that use them as well, and they work great for them as well.