PDA

View Full Version : QAD Ultra-Rest Hunter Fall-Away Arrow Rest

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-06-2013, 02:36 PM
What do you think of this rest?
QAD Ultra-Rest Hunter Fall-Away Arrow Rest

http://images.cabelas.com/is/image/cabelas/s7_417554_999_01?rgn=0,0,1780,1261&scl=3.3904761904761904&fmt=jpeg&id=1N7a15xHwi5Pin7NUcPGQ7

Hutch:cool:

joshclark
02-06-2013, 04:11 PM
just bought mine new qad hdx on my martin phantom x4 and like it much and its my first time use qad after year of use nap arrow rest..

madman350
02-06-2013, 05:02 PM
this look like some of the answers you may be looking for... http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1947951... see post #10.

Arrow Splitter
02-06-2013, 05:07 PM
this look like some of the answers you may be looking for... http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1947951... see post #10.

Yeah, that's me on AT. I started that for Dad so he could get a faster response, considering the fact that there's over 30,000 active members over there.

A.S

Ehunter
02-06-2013, 05:19 PM
I have that same rest, and a couple of the Ultra Rest LD's. All very good rests. Easy to set up, quiet, basically fool proof. I know some guys bash them, but I like them well enough that they'll be what I use from now on. Heard some guys say they don't fall fast enough, are too loud, etc. If these things are set up properly, they are quiet, and drop plenty fast. Got them on both my Strothers, and a Firecat. I like them better than my Trophy Taker drop aways. Lighter, quieter, and every bit as easy to set up. I also like the fact that they hold the arrow up even on a slow let down, or fast let down. Once they are up, only shooting the bow will make them drop on their own.

typically8
02-06-2013, 05:39 PM
In theory I like it. On my onza in reality I hate it. I can't get zero clearance. Have moved it all around, the sting too. Took it to Cabela's as they set up alot of them and to no avail. If you want a used one for 1/2 $ let me know. Switching to trophy ridge.

WildWilt15
02-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Mine works good I cut the launcher because I was getting fletching contact at the top but all is good now

NuttyNative
02-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Genny has the HD on her Cougar FC and we love it. I'm going to replace my RipCords with it. They are so smooth and much quieter on the drop.

SJunior
02-06-2013, 09:33 PM
I've had 2 Hunter rest with absolutely no problems with them falling fast. Have one on my wifes Pantera and just put one on my nephews Parker. I have the HDX on my Silencer and my Onza and will be putting one on my Strother when it shows up this week. Only drop away I'll use.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-07-2013, 03:12 AM
Great guys, I ordered one! Thanks for the responses.

droppixel
02-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Only thing I could say is be mindful of possible bounce-back.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Only thing I could say is be mindful of possible bounce-back.

Hey Dp, what is nice is I can put it in the super shooter and set it to the exact timing.

Hutch

droppixel
02-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Hey Dp, what is nice is I can put it in the super shooter and set it to the exact timing.

Hutch

Yep ;) I think keep an eye on it and maybe use an extra shelf pad like a limbsaver one or like vapor trail overs for the limbdrivers to suck up some of the energy. I'm sure if set correctly clearance will not be an issue.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-11-2013, 06:56 PM
I got the rest today and started to install it, I will finish it up when I get a chance. Nice looking and well built.

Ehunter
02-11-2013, 07:07 PM
I never had any bounce back problems on mine. Mine is set just high enough that it doesn't hit the shelf at all, and no clearance problems or bounce back. Need to make sure it doesn't contact the shelf, as that may be hard on the launcher arms.

joshclark
02-11-2013, 07:42 PM
i think all are the same work when fire ur arrow but different prices and i shoot a HDX and love it and no problem,

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Okay guys I have the rest installed. I have started to tune and height and center shot are all set.

Now for some advance tuning. Then machine tuning!!!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Alright guys I have the Qad on set up and semi tuned, arrows are not tuned. I shot a few and right off the bat I could see it was gonna be a good rest. Now for the fine tuning. First pic my shooting second pic Arrow Splitters.;)

wscywabbit
02-20-2013, 06:17 PM
LOL dang A.S. has some work to do!! I expected better from him :D

Arrow Splitter
02-20-2013, 06:49 PM
LOL dang A.S. has some work to do!! I expected better from him :D

That's not funny!!:mad::D

I'm adjusting my backup bow (Jaguar) to where it's most comfortable, and I've got to fine-tune my dropaway and sight.;)

A.S

wscywabbit
02-20-2013, 07:22 PM
A.S., well you know what they say about excuses... LOL ;)

As to your new rest Hutch, looks like you've got it dialed in! Congrats I think you'll like it :)

Arrow Splitter
02-20-2013, 08:17 PM
A.S., well you know what they say about excuses... LOL ;)

Yeah, but I was using facts. LOL I just raised my sight at least a half an inch because after my adjustments my arrows were miles high.:eek:

A.S

wscywabbit
02-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Yeah, but I was using facts. LOL I just raised my sight at least a half an inch because after my adjustments my arrows were miles high.:eek:

A.S

whoah, isn't it funny how a little bit of adjusting can make such a big difference down range? Half an inch on the sight seems like a bit much though! What'd you do? Crank the limbs up? Lengthen the draw? Both lol

Sorry if we're stealin your thread Hutch :)

Arrow Splitter
02-21-2013, 07:39 PM
whoah, isn't it funny how a little bit of adjusting can make such a big difference down range? Half an inch on the sight seems like a bit much though! What'd you do? Crank the limbs up? Lengthen the draw? Both lol

Sorry if we're stealin your thread Hutch :)I took that sight off my Firecat, and I just actually adjusted the bow, sight, and rest (also off the Firecat) to the way it should be. That included moving the peep and nocking point up as well. The dw is the same, and I actually shortened the dl from 28.5 to 28. Because of the anchor change and the sight not being correctly adjusted in the first place it had to go up (approx. a half inch, maybe a touch less). Now I just have to fine tune everything.

As to stealing the thread, don't worry about it. He deserves it for posting those types of photos. LOL:p:D

A.S

wscywabbit
02-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Ah yes that makes much more sense! I'd be all over the target too :) But tinkering is half the fun, isn't it? ;)

Oh and how's that new rest treating ya Hutch?! :D

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Oh and how's that new rest treating ya Hutch?! :D

Scared to shoot arrows next to each other!:eek:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Okay everyone, I nock tuned my arrows in the shooting machine. From a wide spread of arrows to this.

Then I paper tuned and got the rest correct.

Then I laser tuned the arrow with the bullseye to get the site inline.

Then a quick fine tune and here is the result.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-24-2013, 07:10 PM

The only thing I do not like about the rest is the felt on the launcher arm. Have any of you done some thing diff?

WildWilt15
02-24-2013, 08:33 PM

The only thing I do not like about the rest is the felt on the launcher arm. Have any of you done some thing diff?

First thing I replaced. I cut off a small amount of camo felt and fit it in the launcher works fine not for looks though lol.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Looking for a better felt for the launcher, anybody know what I can use. WildWilt15 said camo felt, is that the camo tape with a fuss feel?

HawgEnvy
02-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Nice groups. I've never used the camo stuff. Just mole skin like on the shelf. I think he's refering to the camo cloth tape. It should be fine. Can't imagine it being deer spooking loud. Or cut a piece of flannel shirt and glue it on

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Thanks Hawg, I loved advance tuning this rest. I will look and see what I have for sound proofing materials. It is sad when the felt that comes with it peels apart and leaves just the sticky layer.

Ehunter
02-27-2013, 03:47 AM
Hutch, I bought a pack of Cir-Cut Extreme Peel-N-Stick Super Pad on Ebay for something like $5. It's a microfiber rather than felt, and seems to stay on very well. Totally quiet too. Comes in several colors and camo (Realtree AP). There's enough in a pack to do about 10-15 rests.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-28-2013, 04:27 PM
Hutch, I bought a pack of Cir-Cut Extreme Peel-N-Stick Super Pad on Ebay for something like $5. It's a microfiber rather than felt, and seems to stay on very well. Totally quiet too. Comes in several colors and camo (Realtree AP). There's enough in a pack to do about 10-15 rests.

Wow Eh, I forgot about CIR-CUT I have used a lot of his stuff. I will be checking them out thanks.