PDA

View Full Version : Hooded peep

Lukeiio
02-07-2013, 08:31 AM
i stumbled upon a hooded peep from Specialty Archery and wanted to ask if anyone has experience with this kind of peep?! what does the hood do exactly?

when i shoot in direct sun light, i sometimes have difficulties to line up my peep with the sight because the peep seems to small and not fit the sight, although i have no such problems in other light conditions. could a hooded peep help here??

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-07-2013, 04:12 PM
I shot one for a few years and yes it helps with blocking out the sun, or at least shadowing it.

Hutch:cool:

Sonny Thomas
02-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Tried one just this year. The Hooded Super Peep version does have a bit of a hood and just a tad bit of extension tube facing the sight pin - mine did. I couldn't get along with it and sold it just 3 weeks ago. Glad I switched the original Super Ball peep housing. So a good peep, just personal perference...I mean, if the Hooded was great every one would have one.

elkslayer4x5
02-08-2013, 11:01 AM
I use a hooded Super Ball peep on my hunting bow, because I also use a clarifier, and wanted the hooded peep to keep rain off the clairifier lens. Works. :) It's wet here in the Pacific Northwest. :D

Lukeiio
02-08-2013, 01:03 PM
I use a hooded Super Ball peep on my hunting bow, because I also use a clarifier

cool, i thought that clarifiers were only used in combination with a scope lense!! how do you like it for hunting, are there any disadvantages?
clarifiers and all lenses are not allowed for the bowhunter-examen (ibep) in austria, i guess they are not allowed for 3d bowhunter unlimited shooters eather..

elkslayer4x5
02-09-2013, 09:11 AM
cool, i thought that clarifiers were only used in combination with a scope lense!! how do you like it for hunting, are there any disadvantages?
clarifiers and all lenses are not allowed for the bowhunter-examen (ibep) in austria, i guess they are not allowed for 3d bowhunter unlimited shooters eather..

The Verifiers are for use with a lens, a Clairfier clears up vision problems for us older shooters. With out a clairfier, I can see the target and a fuzzy pin, with one I see both clearly, both pin and target are in focus. :)