PDA

View Full Version : I hate snow!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-09-2013, 08:50 AM
http://www.huntbuds.com/file/pic/photo/2013/02/08edcddc6981e002b027b2aadbf8cf23_1024.jpg?t=51166f a2e36d8

Still snowing Nuff said!

Hutch:cool:

Tosi
02-09-2013, 11:04 AM
Ouch! Don't shovel all at once. What's the total.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Its got to be around 2 feet. Snow blower is going and my son is having fun!:D

Tosi
02-09-2013, 11:51 AM
CK out here the west we got a hole 3 inches. Son's home this week end from college. That's my snow shovel.

alex
02-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Send some of it here :) Since December we had no more then 2 inches :(

Mike G
02-09-2013, 04:38 PM
I hate the snow also. I can definitely do without it.

The older I get the more I don't like the cold either! Makes me wonder why I live in Wisconsin. But then I remember the deer hunting, I love the fall of the year. I also love the fishing we have here, quite a variety. I love muskie fishing.

Yup, now I remember why I live here, I guess winter isn't all that bad!

More snow coming tomorrow they say, it's suppose to start out rain, turn to freezing rain, then snow ... Oh geeze, I can't wait!

Mike

typically8
02-09-2013, 04:40 PM
I know where you can get some fuel for your furnace but it looks like you might have to stop the basement archery range for awhile cause thats alot of snow. Btw 63 and holding down in centex.:cool:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-09-2013, 04:47 PM
AS is done snow blowing and its stopped snowing yee haaaaaa!

Lung Buster
02-09-2013, 05:04 PM
I hate the snow too that's why I am heading to the Florida Keys this week to do some fishing!!!!! I can't wait 80 and sunny what will I ever do with myself!!!!!!!LOL

Arrow Splitter
02-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Btw 63 and holding down in centex.:cool:

Don't you have something better to be doing? Where were you when I needed the driveway cleared?LOL:p

A.S

Arrow Splitter
02-09-2013, 06:03 PM
My car is on the other side of Dad's HHR in that pic.:cool::rolleyes:

A.S

typically8
02-09-2013, 06:42 PM
I'd of got side tracked and had to build a snow man or something. Nice signature i should do that.

Arrow Splitter
02-09-2013, 08:39 PM
I'd of got side tracked and had to build a snow man or something. Nice signature i should do that.

Well, you still can build one, just come visit. It's supposed to be a warm, balmy 31 degrees tomorrow. The snow was over the top of the snow blower at times today.:eek:

I thought you'd like my signature.:o

A.S

Double S
02-09-2013, 10:00 PM
That's how I like my COKE!. Nicely CHILLED!. :cool: Just kidding.

I feel for yah guys on the East Coast. I hate the snow. It feels like an early spring where I'm at....I live in a low area near the river so theirs no snow lately, just along the mountain tops. You guys be safe and take care.

elkslayer4x5
02-10-2013, 09:04 AM
One thing about living in the Pacific North West, you don't have to shovel rain off the driveway! :D

Ehunter
02-10-2013, 06:44 PM
We've had less than 2 inches total this winter. More rain than normal though. At least we don't have to shovel or snowblow. Suprised Bill wasn't lobbing snowballs at you while you cleaned the driveway. lol

Arrow Splitter
02-10-2013, 07:13 PM
We've had less than 2 inches total this winter. More rain than normal though. At least we don't have to shovel or snowblow. Suprised Bill wasn't lobbing snowballs at you while you cleaned the driveway. lol

Nope, because he is sick. Of course, it wouldn't be wise for anyone to throw snowballs at me anyway, considering all I have to do is aim the snow chute at them.;):p I wonder how fast 8 hp will bury someone? LOL

A.S

Mike G
02-11-2013, 03:37 AM
It rained here all day yesterday and last night. With the frozen ground and two feet of snow on the ground it is causing major problems at least for me. Some time during the night our sump pump quit and I woke up to a foot of water in my basement.

All I can think of is a bunch of expletives I can't say on here.

I've got it pumping out now ... but ...................

I've never had this happen before and I've lived here for over 20 years!

Mike G
02-11-2013, 06:35 AM
Got the water out, nothing was damaged. I had another sump pump for just this kind of thing. Just letting the floor dry out now. The water was only 6" at the deepest place, which just happens to be at the bottom of the steps. It's a good thing I keep everything off the floor. The dehumidifier in the basement is going to get a work out though.

wscywabbit
02-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Wow tough break Mike. I can remember that happening at my grandpas one spring when the snow was melting off. Glad nothing was damaged!

@ Hutch and AS, I feel for ya, but at the same time, I'm a little jealous, we haven't had hardly any snow this year, its all stayed up on the mountain!

Arrow Splitter
02-11-2013, 05:44 PM
@ Hutch and AS, I feel for ya, but at the same time, I'm a little jealous, we haven't had hardly any snow this year, its all stayed up on the mountain!

How much would you like us to ship to you? LOL We only have around 2 feet.:D

A.S

Lung Buster
02-12-2013, 07:50 AM

Hey Hutch how is that snow treating ya????? LOL!!!!!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-12-2013, 02:22 PM

Hey Hutch how is that snow treating ya????? LOL!!!!!
What snow? Its raining lol!!!:p

Sonny Thomas
02-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Hutch, hate to tell you this, but we almost had enough snow to make me think about putting the snow blade on my ATV.....Almost.
Been pretty cold to, barely able to shoot outside for more than 2 1/2, 3 hours ;)

But then Calvin and Hobbs keeps snow enjoyable.

And something to move snow....

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Yeah Sonny move snow around the world!! Lol!

mdodraw29
03-20-2013, 03:54 AM
It seems like this winter wont end. It's the last day of winter and got nailed again. Kind of funny when you think of it, can't wait for snow during deer season once deer season is over I can't wait for spring.

typically8
03-20-2013, 07:04 AM
Hutch, hate to tell you this, but we almost had enough snow to make me think about putting the snow blade on my ATV.....Almost.
Been pretty cold to, barely able to shoot outside for more than 2 1/2, 3 hours ;)

But then Calvin and Hobbs keeps snow enjoyable.

And something to move snow....

Is that a Binford 2000 ? (Tim the tool man Taylor reference)
Also hey Hutch add snow sharks to the list. :)

Mike G
03-20-2013, 01:30 PM
We had 4" more snow on Monday. Woke up today it was 5 degrees out. Last year this week I was walleye fishing on the Wolf River in 70 degree weather.

This better be the last of it. I don't ever remember having cabin fever, or should I say, "open water" fever this bad. If this winter doesn't break soon I might have to go stay by my youngest daughter in Florida for a week.

Mike

Hutch~n~Son Archery
03-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Well 12" of fresh snow!!!!!! yeah that's what I needed! :rolleyes:

macflash
03-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Wow Hutch,
I am soooo glad I'm out west, ... LOL I do need some dirt moved .. can I borrow him?
KIDDING A.S. just KIDDING :p
Very glad to hear it's stopped for now, give you some time to do damage control.
I'm only in my 40's and the cold just hurts, to many broke parts, told an old guy once " If I would have known it was gonna hurt this bad I would have taken better care of myself as a kid." he said " No you wouldn't, you didn't think you were gonna make it this far" :o .. He was right
Mac