PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Blind

droppixel
02-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Can you pick out my dad?

http://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws.com/b419354472f811e2b9da22000a1faf53_7.jpg

I'll be budgeting in one of these in the near future I think.

typically8
02-11-2013, 12:20 AM
Barely (noggin) . Those things are awesome. Too many rocks around where i hunt to get the stakes in.

Tosi
02-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Do you guy's believe their better than a dome blind?. I have a few of the dome type but looking at this and they are very interesting.

wscywabbit
02-11-2013, 02:00 PM
nice! I can barely make out his head peakin over...

Is that one of those blinds that reflect the surrounding terrain?

Sonny Thomas
02-11-2013, 04:44 PM
I have the dvd put out by Ghost Blind. The thing is just plain awesome. Corn field, open grassland, trees, brush. However, they cost a quite a bit. They are more for firearms, has cut out "V," but carefully raising for a bow shot is possible.

Ehunter
02-11-2013, 07:04 PM
To me, I think they'd be great for gun hunting, but maybe not so great for bow. Seems you'd have to be very careful about slowly raising your upper body above the blind to shoot. Now, if you could make it a two panel with a small gap between and mount it directly to your bow, that would be something I'd look at seriously. What I've been using for the last few years turkey hunting is a fake leafy vine from WalMart that's about 6 feet long. I snake it around in a figure "8" and attach it to the front of my bow. The leaves do a great job of hiding any movement while I draw.

droppixel
02-12-2013, 08:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIh3p3-_dKo&feature=share&list=UUfVcquXkjdhT7MZIsXlIqXg

The taller 4 panel would be better for bow hunting for sure, you can sit on a seat behind that one. The one I have in the picture is the Runner - it is a 6 panel and is much shorter. That one is perfect for sitting on the ground with your gun propped on your knee or in btw one of the notches on the panels. Really excited to get out and use it some more with my Dad. Will probably bring a full size for turkey and he might sit that for calling or shotgun - but I want to hit my bird with my bow this year for sure.