PDA

View Full Version : Bengal Pro question

Tenacious Billy
02-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Hello everyone. New member here - great website btw.

Recently picked up a Bengal pro and am currently in the process of getting it dialed in. I have a question about the module and draw stop....

First, my Fury cam does not have a mark indicator for the setting of the module....

I'm assuming the marker would typically be in line with the first spoke on the cam, currently set at 1.5?....is this correct?

Also, in adjusting the drawstop, is it a matter of getting it to where it feels best for me with a let-off that feels good?....Right now I have it set:

Any advice welcome! Sorry about the small pics....still getting the hang of it.

Cheers,

wscywabbit
02-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Welcome! Great choice in bow btw, I have a friend that bought one and he loves it!

There is a mark for the module, a small hash mark on the cam that is easy to miss that lines up with the module numbers. And remember that bigger numbers equals longer draw, and vice versa.

As for setting the draw stop, there are two things for you to be aware of, 1st is that moving it towards the - decreases your valley (the part of the draw cycle that makes it easy to hold at full draw), and increases your hold weight, giving you a lower percentage of let-off. Secondly, and this is an important part that isn't in the manual, make sure that where you set your stop won't allow you to over rotate the cam, thereby rubbing the cable against the axle. It will give you premature wear on the servings for you cable if it is over drawn. I've seen it first hand on two different bows with the Fury cam.

Other than that, setting the draw stop is personal, I prefer setting the modules on my bows to a longer draw setting, and then using the draw stop to shorten my draw and lower my let-off percentage. Some people prefer the other way around so that they get the full 85% let off and the minimum amount of hold weight possible.

Pyro
02-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Ive got that cam on my exile hope this helps
Alsoyou can see the damage on the cable from one day shooting with it being over drawn

wscywabbit
02-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Pyro, thanks for posting the pic, I hope you don't mind but I used it real quick to point out the module setting mark:

Tenacious Billy
02-19-2013, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the replies. Wabbit, my cam doesn't have that mark - I've heard of a few other cams on people's bows missing it as well. But it looks like I've got the setting in the right place as to where the mark "should" be.....thanks for the info. Cheers.

Tenacious Billy
02-19-2013, 10:11 PM

Here's a little better picture of my cam.....without the mark, I'm assuming this is correctly set at 1.5?.....cheers.

Pyro
02-19-2013, 11:18 PM
Yeah should be unless theres something weird

Arrow Splitter
02-20-2013, 06:42 AM
You could always make a mark.:cool:

By the way, Welcome to the Martin Tech forum to both of you. (Not you Wabbit:D)

A.S

spanner
02-23-2013, 03:07 PM

Here's a little better picture of my cam.....without the mark, I'm assuming this is correctly set at 1.5?.....cheers.

Your not going crazy mine is missing as well , may have missed that detail when programing that batch.

bfisher
02-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Billy, maybe you could give lessons. That's a very good quality picture.

Arrow Splitter
02-23-2013, 09:00 PM
That's a very good quality picture.

You got that right. What camera are you using Billy?

A.S

Tenacious Billy
02-24-2013, 12:05 AM
You got that right. What camera are you using Billy?

A.S

Believe it or not, that's taken with my iPhone 5....surprised myself!

GMan
02-24-2013, 05:24 AM
Your not going crazy mine is missing as well , may have missed that detail when programing that batch.

I also don't have the mark on my Cougar FC Pro (with Fury XT cam). The dealer that I purchased the bow from claimed that my Cougar was made in November of 2012.

Arrow Splitter
02-24-2013, 07:27 AM
Believe it or not, that's taken with my iPhone 5....surprised myself! Now I'd say there's a pretty good camera in that phone.:cool:

A.S

bfisher
02-24-2013, 03:05 PM
If using a digital cam there's a slight secret. Stay back enough so the camera can focus and then crop the pic in photo shop. Anyway, I'm surprised at the quality for a phone cam.

Tenacious Billy
02-24-2013, 03:34 PM
If using a digital cam there's a slight secret. Stay back enough so the camera can focus and then crop the pic in photo shop. Anyway, I'm surprised at the quality for a phone cam.

Another thing to do, assuming you've got good lighting, is to turn the flash off and use the macro-focus function on your digital camera - it allows your standard point and shoot digital camera to focus on something inches away and makes a nice clear pic.

Arrow Splitter
02-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Another thing to do, assuming you've got good lighting, is to turn the flash off and use the macro-focus function on your digital camera - it allows your standard point and shoot digital camera to focus on something inches away and makes a nice clear pic.
Exactly. Flash generally is not a good option, unless you absolutely need the picture and can't get it any other way. If your camera allows you to manually adjust shutter speed and the aperture, that is the best way to go.

A.S

elkslayer4x5
02-25-2013, 08:32 AM
Had to check, thought I'd stumbled onto a camera forum. LOL:D

Arrow Splitter
02-27-2013, 08:33 AM
Had to check, thought I'd stumbled onto a camera forum. LOL:D

Nope, we're just multi-talented.;):D

A.S

bfisher
02-27-2013, 09:05 AM
Jack of all trades. Master of none.

Mike G
02-27-2013, 01:28 PM
Welcome to the forum Billy.

My 2012 Cougar FC w/Fury cams doesn't have the hash mark either, but yup, you got it right.