PDA

View Full Version : Do you need lights for your chrony?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Do you need lights for your chrony? Here is a video with a good way for lighting your chrony. Unless your Droppixel who doesn't have one!:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMW8h-UPuww

Hutch:cool:

Plainsman
02-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Now that's cool..:cool:

wscywabbit
02-20-2013, 06:26 PM
Nice, that's even the same chrony I have! Thanks Bill :)

Sonny Thomas
02-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Another idea that works. Got a 6 pack of those for $5 on the mark down isle at WalMart. Have a couple bigger ones just in case the lights go out, like the other night. I really hate the color of light though, same for the newer car headlights.

We've used flashlights, pen lights, those flexible nightstand lights where electrical outlets are available (1 will do). One guy has two of those snake lights the aluminum rods.
At the shop we have the Cool Start fluorescent lights that don't seen to effect either the Pro Chrony or my Shooting Chrony.

typically8
02-20-2013, 09:06 PM
First I need a $130 for a chronograph, then I need $10. Very cool idea. I will tell the nerds @ Cabela's as there chrono won't work w/ the fluorescent lights.

Sonny Thomas
02-21-2013, 01:40 PM
I will tell the nerds @ Cabela's as there chrono won't work w/ the fluorescent lights.

Better write out the instruct.........???? They do know how to read, don't they? :confused:

Chip
02-22-2013, 10:39 PM
Great idea, if you have a couple of bad tweeters laying around you can get the magnets from them. I am an old rocker so I usually have some blown speakers laying around.

TEN RING
02-23-2013, 03:05 PM
that will work for sure, good work hutch

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-23-2013, 03:39 PM
that will work for sure, good work hutchI am waiting for the lights to get here. I will let you know.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
02-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Well guys I went on eBay and got 2 sylvania dot lights (swivel heads). I used the Velcro that came with them and stuck them on. I aimed the lights directly over the sensors. Testing it it works great. Gonna double check it, outdoors and inside.

droppixel
02-25-2013, 07:08 PM
Do you need lights for your chrony? Here is a video with a good way for lighting your chrony. Unless your Droppixel who doesn't have one!:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMW8h-UPuww

You watch your mouf!

Arrow Splitter
02-27-2013, 08:31 AM
Do I detect some jealousy going on? LOL:p Don't worry DP, you can always send you bow to us for a speed check. LOL:cool::D

A.S

droppixel
02-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Do I detect some jealousy going on? LOL:p Don't worry DP, you can always send you bow to us for a speed check. LOL:cool::D

A.S

And see it magically disappear in transit :P

Chrono is on my hotlist of purchases, will probably be my next one and then shortly after a winch for the draw board I've been putting off forever.

wscywabbit
02-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Hey DP, I got my chrono from sportsmansguide, I think for like $80 and my boat winch for the drawboard from Harbor Freight for like $20....

droppixel
02-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Hey DP, I got my chrono from sportsmansguide, I think for like $80 and my boat winch for the drawboard from Harbor Freight for like $20....

yes sir - fleabay and amazon have good pricing on Chrony and HF is the joint to go for do-dads like that. Thanks dude.

Arrow Splitter
02-28-2013, 07:36 PM
And see it magically disappear in transit :P

That would never happen........if it was a prehistoric bow. LOL:D

A.S