PDA

View Full Version : Block type target

GMan
02-22-2013, 03:23 AM
I am looking to purchase a "cube" type target, and was wondering if the Rinehart RhinoBlock is worth the $.

The target will be used mainly for field points, but I will shoot an occasional broadhead, comparing if there is a change in "point of impact" between the 2.

Mike G
02-22-2013, 03:49 AM
My opinion is it is probably the best one out there.

Ehunter
02-22-2013, 05:14 AM
I have used just about every block type target out there, and the Rinehart is the best I have found. Personally, I'd buy Cabelas generic version though. Same product, but it'll save you a few bucks. Sportsmansguide.com occasionally has factory seconds at a huge discount as well. I got an 18" Rinehart for $48 from them this summer. Only thing wrong is it has some seams sticking up. Doesn't effect the target at all.

wscywabbit
02-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Absolutely yes, the Rhinehearts are worth the money. Especially if you get one with the replaceable core for broadheads. Fieldtip holes seal right up and you'll get thousands and thousands of shots at it. Even the broadhead holes seal up pretty well.

And Ehunter is right also, Cabelas, Basspro, Etc. they all contract out and have their name stamped on stuff that is made by brand name companies, including Rhinheart. Pick up one of these for a little less or look around and see if you can find a factory second. I found mine from a small local company getting out of if the archery supply business and got it for almost 40% off...

GMan
02-23-2013, 04:18 AM
I appreciate all of your opinions. I'm going to Cabelas today.

GMan
02-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the recommendation on the Rinehart ! I bought the RhinoBlock today and a Gorilla grip arrow puller. (definatly worth the $14) I shot 24 arrows in my basement @ 12 yards. (maximum distance I can get) I realize that this isn't far, but shooting downstairs will get me conditioned until the weather breaks. I have a chronograph and will shoot some arrows thru it in the near future. Just curious as to what fps my 60 lb Cougar FC (Fury XT cam) shooting 370 gr Gold Tip XT Hunter (including 100 gr field tip) will produce.